Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 222

Thread: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

  1. #201
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    hey, axelrod's the one who said, "it would constitute a serious breach of the law"

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    ^^^THIS! is what you bring?
    No, it is what you bring. Again you

  3. #203
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    A NEW charge can be filed if there is a reason, indeed. You cannot take a current law and suddenly wave your hand and make it a felony.

    The laws that were cited in this thread are misdemeanors. Those laws will never be felonies no matter how much you rub your wishing pony.

    If any reasonable people would like to discuss this, I would be glad to continue, but I'm through with the troll.
    Two relevant points that often apply in politics:

    "perception is everything"
    "it ain't the misbehavior, its the cover-up"

    Rahm and crew are as good at it gets. This has a potential to be an embarrassment that could only grow over time. Believe they already have Durbin out in front of this "demanding some answers" from Sestak. My guess is that the Administration will likely over-compensate to make sure this "scandal" doesn't get legs. Or "minimal legs" if it even gets off the ground.

    No idea if an actual law has been broken. But the potential appearance of such occurring is all it should take to rally the WH troops. (And Sestak is very disposable... )



    .

  4. #204
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    No, it is what you bring. Again you
    Are you an "attorney" like your circle jerk partner, too?...or simply a lefty apologist?

    Oh...let me guess!!!

    Dispute my points, lefty.

  5. #205
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Two relevant points that often apply in politics:

    "perception is everything"
    "it ain't the misbehavior, its the cover-up"

    Rahm and crew are as good at it gets. This has a potential to be an embarrassment that could only grow over time. Believe they already have Durbin out in front of this "demanding some answers" from Sestak. My guess is that the Administration will likely over-compensate to make sure this "scandal" doesn't get legs. Or "minimal legs" if it even gets off the ground.

    No idea if an actual law has been broken. But the potential appearance of such occurring is all it should take to rally the WH troops. (And Sestak is very disposable... )


    .
    I agree, it doesn't look good... but it didn't look good when Reagan did it either, or every other President and Governor who has ever done it.

    I just don't think there should be double standards. I have yet to see why this incident is any different from all the previous ones.

  6. #206
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    By the way, if anyone doubts I am an attorney, you can always click on the link below. It leads to my web page about my books and there is a link there to my law office web page. You can then link to articles about cases I have won, or you can go to the web pages for the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and type in my name and read the appeals I have won. I have never hidden my identity here, and am proud of my accomplishments and education.

    Or you can believe the anonymous guy who, for all you know, is typing while sitting in an insane asylum somewhere.

  7. #207
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    By the way, if anyone doubts I am an attorney, you can always click on the link below. It leads to my web page about my books and there is a link there to my law office web page. You can then link to articles about cases I have won, or you can go to the web pages for the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and type in my name and read the appeals I have won. I have never hidden my identity here, and am proud of my accomplishments and education.

    Or you can believe the anonymous guy who, for all you know, is typing while sitting in an insane asylum somewhere.
    You're kidding right?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    Are you an "attorney" like your circle jerk partner, too?...or simply a lefty apologist?

    Oh...let me guess!!!

    Dispute my points, lefty.
    Sorry, I don't debate children.

  9. #209
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    By the way, if anyone doubts I am an attorney, you can always click on the link below. It leads to my web page about my books and there is a link there to my law office web page. You can then link to articles about cases I have won, or you can go to the web pages for the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and type in my name and read the appeals I have won. I have never hidden my identity here, and am proud of my accomplishments and education.

    Or you can believe the anonymous guy who, for all you know, is typing while sitting in an insane asylum somewhere.
    Well, you seem to be a PI lawyer. And that's fine. What we're doing is basically speculating here. IF an impropriety was committed - we do not yet have the facts to support that. There's lots of supposition but neither party is providing details about what did or did not occur. So until a subpoena or testimony is provided under oath - we really can only speculate more. Politically - it really doesn't make a difference if this is a felony or a misdemeanor. It's all bad for both the WH and Sestak and it's a matter of damage control and information control.

    Legally, if it's identified and verified through an investigation that an offer was indeed made, the legal fallout will be negligible, the political fallout could be massive. The worse someone can be charged with are multiple counts of violations --- which are identified as up to 1 year in jail, a fine, or both. Now--- that's not to say an investigation could not uncover a larger conspiracy here - which may be a felony outside of sec. 211 and sec. 600. But that's supposition again and we'll need to wait (hopefully) for evidence to be provided by a (hopefully) prosecutor who will be assigned to this. I didn't look much but there's not much case law around Chapt 29, Sec. 600 --- most of it's local and State. I think the worst case scenario will be Sestak bails out and some low level falls on the sword for the White House --- or they continue to cover up and do not volunteer information until served with a subpoena.

    There's no up side to any scenario - it's just a matter of which one is less damaging and how to get there.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #210
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You're kidding right?
    Someone with that name, is indeed a lawyer in Monroe Twp, PA. Whether or not it's actually the person posting on this board, I don't know. If you want, I can PM you the info.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •