Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 222

Thread: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

  1. #121
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    logical? really? based on what LMAO
    Logical reasoning?

    the FACT the Specter losing could mean a WORSE person winning lol at the very least the reps are going to have to run against someone MORE left and further from their views and it could be worse for them

    point is untill the dem LOSES theres nothing to celebrate, sorry no logic in it that I see
    Let's talk this through. You looked at the situation in front of you and concluded that this is bad for the Republicans. What makes you think that your view is the only possible one? Isn't it reasonable to assume that someone could look at the same facts and conclude that it's good for the Republicans? The fact that you don't see how that could be possible is not a mark in favor of you being right.

    then you say 39 republican senators WANTED him to stay right? well why did they want him there because they thought he could either be beat or that he would be more likely to work with both sides, right? do you disagree? now you have a guy who will run that is less likely to be beat and less likely to work with both sides
    ?

    They wanted him to stay in the Republican party because it gave them an additional vote on many issues and increased the party's leverage.

    oh yes, what happy days
    sorry i, not confused at all
    I have a clear understanding of theres nothing to celebrate yet
    that's just like, your opinion, man.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #122
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Logical reasoning?
    based on ZERO logic because theres no positive end point

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Let's talk this through. You looked at the situation in front of you and concluded that this is bad for the Republicans. What makes you think that your view is the only possible one? Isn't it reasonable to assume that someone could look at the same facts and conclude that it's good for the Republicans? The fact that you don't see how that could be possible is not a mark in favor of you being right.
    100% WRONG again sir I dont conclude this is BAD or GOOD for anybody LMAO thats another false assumption by you. My question is why is it good currently when a person could win the election that is further left than Spector. Didnt say its bad want to know why it is good.

    Thats my question, why celebrate NOW when in nov. a person even further left COULD win. Seems like a waste of time untill that election happens does it not?




    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    They wanted him to stay in the Republican party because it gave them an additional vote on many issues and increased the party's leverage.
    ahhh he already switched so there was no STAYING anywhere not to mention again that doest explain the happiness. What leverage if he switched and they were running someone else against him lol




    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    that's just like, your opinion, man.
    no actually its fact because the FACT remains that the right can lose in NOV to the left and the lefty will be further left that specter

    theres no changing this fact
    Im not saying this is bad
    Im not knocking the left or right
    Im also not a specter fan (not saying you said this just saying)

    what i am saying is theres nothing to be happy about really because the election in nov could make it WORSE for the right its really that simple.
    Last edited by O_Guru; 05-20-10 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #123
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    based on ZERO logic because theres no positive end point
    ...according to you.

    100% WRONG again sir I dont conclude this is BAD or GOOD for anybody LMAO thats another false assumption by you. My question is why is it good currently when a person could win the election that is further left than Spector. Didnt say its bad want to know why it is good.
    And I've offered three reasons why.

    Thats my question, why celebrate NOW when in nov. a person even further left COULD win. Seems like a waste of time untill that election happens does it not?
    So your theory is that until the general election is over, neither side can ever think that any primary outcome is good or bad?

    ahhh he already switched so there was no STAYING anywhere not to mention again that doest explain the happiness. What leverage if he switched and they were running someone else against him lol
    I think you missed my point, as I was referring to the Reps desire to keep him from switching.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #124
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    ...according to you.
    actually according to you having zero support for your claims



    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And I've offered three reasons why.
    none which have sound logic or actually even answer my question



    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So your theory is that until the general election is over, neither side can ever think that any primary outcome is good or bad?
    nope not what i said at all im speaking very specifically about THIS election , this case, but thats ok nice try, its typical when a person doesnt have answers to try and spin or play semantics


    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I think you missed my point, as I was referring to the Reps desire to keep him from switching.
    well since he switched a while ago now at this point thats pretty meaningless to the point at hand


    so answer this question?
    the righties that are literally celebrating that specter is gone because they felt he was to left and a party changer what happens in Nov if Sestak wins?

    their happiness is based on specter not getting the democratic nod, whell big whoop if the gut that got the nod is further left

  5. #125
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    My apologies sir, I wasn't aware that you were the sole arbiter of whether or not something constituted sound logic. Since you've measured my reasoning and found it wanting, I don't see much of a point in debating this further with you.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    My apologies sir, I wasn't aware that you were the sole arbiter of whether or not something constituted sound logic. Since you've measured my reasoning and found it wanting, I don't see much of a point in debating this further with you.

    Sir, I refer you to post http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058759699
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    RealClearPolitics - Politics - May 20, 2010 - Gibbs: Not concerned about Obama's effect on Dems

    0 for 4

    it is what it is, not even a matter of OPINION

    aside gibbs' glibness, that is

    LOL!

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    RealClearPolitics - Politics - May 20, 2010 - Gibbs: Not concerned about Obama's effect on Dems

    0 for 4

    it is what it is, not even a matter of OPINION

    aside gibbs' glibness, that is

    LOL!
    That's because Obama is too busy lobbying to make Mexico our 51st state.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    obama wanted so badly to get the admiral out he proffered him a plum

    Gibbs mum on Sestak job offer - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

    silence is so telling, eh, mr press secty?

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    That's because Obama is too busy lobbying to make Mexico our 51st state.
    si

    calderon called out american racism today in congress joint assembled

    Calderon hits U.S. from House floor - Kasie Hunt - POLITICO.com

    "i strongly disagree with your recently adoped law in arizona," el presidente puffed

    it "introduces a terrible idea, using racial profiling as a basis for law enforcement," calderon continued

    the dems STOOD

    verdad, vato?

    arizona merely encodes federal prescriptions already in place, primo

    what are YOU doing about your citizens crashing into our country, cousin?

    how 'bout them cartels, the cruellest of killers?

    senor calderon kvetched his complaints yesterday as well in the rose garden

    AGREEABLE obama beside him

    muy humillante

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •