Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 222

Thread: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    what "adult" could possibly be more interested in the opinion of a forums member than the reasoned analysis of the associated press above

    you want opinion?

    Change is Barack Obama’s political calling card and the fuel that propelled his never-waste-a-crisis agenda — but change is boomeranging big time on the president in a turbulent and unpredictable 2010.

    For the first time since he emerged as a national political figure six years ago, Obama finds himself on the wrong side of the change equation — the status quo side — with challengers in both parties running against him, his policies or his handpicked candidates.

    Tea party conservative Rand Paul romped in the GOP Kentucky Senate primary by pledging to overturn virtually every major Obama initiative. And both Pennsylvania’s Joe Sestak, who knocked off a Democratic incumbent, and Bill Halter of Arkansas, who forced another one into a runoff, were spurned by Obama despite running on throw-the-bums-out platforms that could have been lifted from the president’s 2008 playbook.

    “What I tell to the national Democrats is: ‘Bring it on, and please, please, please bring President Obama to Kentucky.’ We would want him to come and campaign for my opponent [Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway],” Paul told CNN on Wednesday, in a taunt reminiscent of statements by Democrats about President George W. Bush in 2006 and 2008. “In fact, we’ll pay for his plane ticket if President Obama will come to Kentucky.”
    Change boomerangs on President Obama - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

    on the floor it looks like this:

    Dem dissidents block financial reform - Carrie Budoff Brown and Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

  2. #112
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    what "adult" could possibly be more interested in the opinion of a forums member than the reasoned analysis of the associated press above
    I did not come here to debate the AP, I came here to debate the other posters. I really don't much give a **** what the APs opinion is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #113
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    please stay on topic, never said people might not have other cares LMAO
    Im actually "ASKING" WHAT THEY ARE, wheres the good news, wheres the LOGIC behind celebrating . . . . mabe you werent paying attention

    if you have no answer just say so LOL but my whole point is I dont get it so im asking people their opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    So to recap still nothing solid, just hopes and dreams, and empty "pretend" victories LMAO

    oh well i was hoping for some logic

    and by the way I wasnt a specter supporter but no one bother to ask they just ASSumed, I just wanted to know why the fexcitement over NOTHING, "yet"
    You expressed disbelief at the fact that any Republican could be happy about such a turn of events. I provided you with two reasons that could explain that sentiment. Since you've been so polite and evenhanded, I'll offer a third: Specter's primary loss has made it less likely that a Republican politician in a similar situation in the future will decide to switch parties.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not come here to debate the AP, I came here to debate the other posters. I really don't much give a **** what the APs opinion is.
    good for you, you're fascinating

    have fun

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    It's a shame Specter lost the primary.

    Just think how easy he would have been beaten in November.

    Which is exactly why the Democrats are cutting out some of their weakest candidates right now.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    They did elect a Democrat governor, so it's not, strictly speaking, a red state.
    "Pinko" is the word.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Meh, Specter has been a fairly reliable Democratic vote since he switched parties, so I wouldn't have been upset if he had won. I'm not going to shed any tears for his loss though. Sestak appears to be polling stronger against Toomey anyway.
    Specter was a reliable Democrat vote before he switch parties.

  8. #118
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You expressed disbelief at the fact that any Republican could be happy about such a turn of events. I provided you with two reasons that could explain that sentiment. Since you've been so polite and evenhanded, I'll offer a third: Specter's primary loss has made it less likely that a Republican politician in a similar situation in the future will decide to switch parties.
    wrong again
    not disbelife, I believe "some" are very happy, look at how some are literally celebrating.

    My question is WHY, in the overall picture theres nothing to really celebrate "yet"

    and actually you didnt provide me with anything but GUESSES and no logic to back those guesses up

    now on to your third guess, so in the future a republican that voted democrat mostly according to people in the republican party is now less likely to switch parties. Which translates into next time the false republican will stay republican and probably continue to get votes and stay in office even longer.

    Yep that sounds like good news to me????

  9. #119
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    wrong again
    not disbelife, I believe "some" are very happy, look at how some are literally celebrating.

    My question is WHY, in the overall picture theres nothing to really celebrate "yet"

    and actually you didnt provide me with anything but GUESSES and no logic to back those guesses up
    Perhaps I was a bit too subtle. I've offered you three logical reasons why a Republican might be pleased at this turn of events. I posed them as "guesses" to gently poke fun at your unwillingness to consider viewpoints other than your own. Each of these reasons are perfectly "logical," and I'm not sure what else you would expect in order to support them.

    now on to your third guess, so in the future a republican that voted democrat mostly according to people in the republican party is now less likely to switch parties. Which translates into next time the false republican will stay republican and probably continue to get votes and stay in office even longer.

    Yep that sounds like good news to me????
    I'm sure it sounds like good news to the 39 Republican Senators who wanted Specter to stay. Unless you actually believe that politicians are happy when their party loses members, I'm not sure why this is so confusing.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #120
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Specter rejected by Pa. Dems in bid for 6th term

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Perhaps I was a bit too subtle. I've offered you three logical reasons why a Republican might be pleased at this turn of events. I posed them as "guesses" to gently poke fun at your unwillingness to consider viewpoints other than your own. Each of these reasons are perfectly "logical," and I'm not sure what else you would expect in order to support them.



    I'm sure it sounds like good news to the 39 Republican Senators who wanted Specter to stay. Unless you actually believe that politicians are happy when their party loses members, I'm not sure why this is so confusing.
    logical? really? based on what LMAO
    the FACT the Specter losing could mean a WORSE person winning lol at the very least the reps are going to have to run against someone MORE left and further from their views and it could be worse for them

    point is untill the dem LOSES theres nothing to celebrate, sorry no logic in it that I see

    then you say 39 republican senators WANTED him to stay right? well why did they want him there because they thought he could either be beat or that he would be more likely to work with both sides, right? do you disagree? now you have a guy who will run that is less likely to be beat and less likely to work with both sides

    oh yes, what happy days
    sorry i, not confused at all
    I have a clear understanding of theres nothing to celebrate yet

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •