Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 169

Thread: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

  1. #31
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    What an ass, so he lied where he served in order to score point.
    agreed.....and now he's lying about lying:

    Blumenthal: I misspoke about Vietnam service - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #32
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    he was careless
    but the fact is that blumenthal IS a veteran of the vietnam era, with half a year at parris island to show for it
    his DD214 will reflect that fact

    looks like a ripe opportunity to compare how blumenthal comported himself to that politically connected flyboy who protected texas from the viet cong until he got too coked up to report to the flight surgeon for his qualifying physical, and let's also compare military credentials with the fellow who would become the shrub's VP

    yes, let's do continue this discussion and these comparisons
    no, he lied. this can't be sugarcoated.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i would never vote for him.
    Ah! you say that NOW!

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I served 9 years, I often say 8, for some reason, my enlistment, is what's stuck in my head, not actual time.


    I don't think Bush was being malicious as this d00d was, I think he just possibly got it mixed up. There is no benefit to lying about 2 additional years of service.


    Now if he claimed we was an army seal who flew a-10's for the marines, that would be something.
    My buddy was the door-gunner for a submarine... ; )

  5. #35
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    This guy is a ****ing moron. I wonder why he did this; the lie doesn't even benefit him. There was nothing dishonorable about his ACTUAL military record.

    I think he's gone. When CNN flat-out calls a candidate a liar, that's pretty much game over. I hope he steps down so the Democrats can actually nominate someone who is A) electable, and B) not a complete douchebag.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    What pisses me off about this is that because he has no ability to be honest, it's those of us in the democratic party who will suffer. When I hear about corrupt republicans, it does not bother me much. Corrupt democrats piss me off no end, and it's because they are not just corrupt(or in this case a lier), but because they hurt me and the rest of the democrats.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I mean technically he served during Vietnam... maybe he told himself he was a Vietnam Veteran so many times for so many years he forgot it wasn't really true. They say a lie told often enough becomes the truth.
    I don't buy it at all. He applied for as many deferments as Dick "5 Deferments" Cheney, in order to avoid the draft. You never forget all the steps you took to avoid the draft, since avoiding it was a major part of your life.

    Why did I bring Dick Cheney up, you ask? Because there is a difference between Cheney and Blumenthal. Cheney never lied about it, and like him or not, that is the difference.

    With this coming out, no self respecting American should vote for Blumenthal. Vote Republican, even if you are a Democrat. Next voting cycle, the Dems will undoubtedly be able to field a better candidate. But for right now, why in the world would you want to vote for a pathological liar?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #38
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    he was careless
    but the fact is that blumenthal IS a veteran of the vietnam era, with half a year at parris island to show for it
    his DD214 will reflect that fact

    looks like a ripe opportunity to compare how blumenthal comported himself to that politically connected flyboy who protected texas from the viet cong until he got too coked up to report to the flight surgeon for his qualifying physical, and let's also compare military credentials with the fellow who would become the shrub's VP

    yes, let's do continue this discussion and these comparisons
    Others have already pointed out the obvious differences in your proffered comparison. Let's discuss another one. Of course Bush was never actually known to have a cocaine problem nor was he ever arrested for cocaine possession. That lie was debunked a long long time ago and the fact you are repeating it means you have a very lose command of the facts. But I guess if you wanted to talk about cocaine we could talk about all those years the brother of a future POTUS from Arkansas was a known coke dealer? Ya know, the same time period he regularly attended saurez at his brother's house? Aka the governors mansion? Yeah I guess if we wanted to have that conversation we could indeed find some rank hypocrisy in play.
    Meanwhile Blumenthal even went as far as to speak to a veterans group, detailing how he was spat on and afraid to wear his uniform after returning home from Vietnam. What a manipulative scumbag.
    "We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam." (Dick Blumenthal, March 2008 Norwalk, CT)

    "It was a sad moment. He [Blumenthal] said, 'When we came back, we were spat on; we couldn't wear our uniforms.' It looked like he was sad to me when he said it." (Jean Risley, Chairwoman of the Connecticut Vietnam Veterans Memorial Inc)


    Good news is he has been caught lying, or what was it? He misspoke and I suspect it will the the cherry on his candidacy. A sign that all is well.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 05-18-10 at 07:09 PM.

  9. #39
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    I love NYT's title for this article. "Candidate’s Words on Vietnam Service Differ From History"

    Instead of accusing people of lying I'm going to start saying that their "words differ from reality"

  10. #40
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Blumenthal's words on Vietnam Service differ from History

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What pisses me off about this is that because he has no ability to be honest, it's those of us in the democratic party who will suffer. When I hear about corrupt republicans, it does not bother me much. Corrupt democrats piss me off no end, and it's because they are not just corrupt(or in this case a lier), but because they hurt me and the rest of the democrats.
    It's still a week until the deadline. Hopefully this bozo drops out. The Democrats have plenty of good candidates in Connecticut.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •