Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

  1. #21
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They cement the entire length of the hole, from ground level on down. I never said otherwise. However, the cement is pumped in from the drill floor, which accounts for the entire four miles. Hello?!?
    Wrong. Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

    [/quote]And, you know that...how? No one really knows what happen, but you're sure split casing had nothing to do with it? Care to explain that one?[/QUOTE]

    I've already explained it several times. You have chosen to ignore it at the risk of your own embarrassment.

    :::pssst::: the answer you seek is not very far, young grasshoppah.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Absolutely wrong.
    Are you seriously suggesting that when a well is cemented, that it's not cemented from the ground to bottom hole? For your sake, I hope that's not what you're saying.

    There are more rig hands than me on this forum that will make you look the fool on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that when a well is cemented, that it's not cemented from the ground to bottom hole? For your sake, I hope that's not what you're saying.

    There are more rig hands than me on this forum that will make you look the fool on that one.
    Honestly, you are an enigma to me. You say you used to work on oil rigs. However, this latest claim of yours, ďcemented from the ground to bottom holeĒ just doesnít ring accurate. I have never worked on a rig but, I can read. Nothing I have read about drilling says that they fill the entire ďdrill holeĒ. In fact, I have read that they intentionally do not fill the entire hole because 1) itís not necessary and 2) it would be a wasted expense.

    Much of what you have said here doesnít jive with what is in this thread and what I have read about drilling, and offshore specifically. I donít know if you donít understand what has happened in the Deepwater Horizon disaster, if youíre not reading (or listening to videos in) links provided to you, i f you donít understand them or youíre simply being obtuse.

    BP wasnít abandoning the well. They were plugging it for another rig to come back to pump the oil out later. Part of the preparations for doing that is to place 3 cement plugs in the well (the hole in the ground under the ocean floor). They donít fill the entire well, even when abandoning it.

    Here is a diagram of whatís happening, including showing the plugs in the well.
    http://media.nola.com/news_impact/ot...use-050710.pdf

    I hope this helps to explain the situation to you. And if I'm wrong here then I'm sure your "rig hands" will come here to back you up and I'll admit I'm wrong. But, as I say from what I've read I don't think I am.

    Good day,

    ADK
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that when a well is cemented, that it's not cemented from the ground to bottom hole? For your sake, I hope that's not what you're saying.

    There are more rig hands than me on this forum that will make you look the fool on that one.
    Seriously, you are only beating your head against a wall if you are expecting facts to have any effect on ADK.

  5. #25
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Seriously, you are only beating your head against a wall if you are expecting facts to have any effect on ADK.
    If you have anything other than childish attacks like this... let's hear it. Otherwise...
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #26
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that when a well is cemented, that it's not cemented from the ground to bottom hole? For your sake, I hope that's not what you're saying.

    There are more rig hands than me on this forum that will make you look the fool on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman
    Seriously, you are only beating your head against a wall if you are expecting facts to have any effect on ADK.
    Alll rightee then! It's been a week since you, apst, claimed that they fill the entire well with cement and childishly tried to make fun of me for providing links to support my position that you are dead wrong.

    I think it's time either you, some of those heretofore invisible "rig hands" you hope will save your sorry butt or your cheerleader, jallman, come here to prove your claim. I've showed you my hand. Now, it's time for you to put up or continue running away, as it seems is your MO. Doncha think? Factual links would be swell.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •