Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    And, why does this belong in the Breaking News forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    From Truthout.org's newsletter today:


    Text from the video link:







    Deepwater Horizon's Blowout, Part 1 - 60 Minutes - CBS News

    If this is all true, Halliburton's cement plugs may have failed because of BP's decision to not fill the tube with mud. If this is all true I think BP will be on the hook for a lot more than that $75 million cap if this is determined to be negligence.
    You really should become more informed before posting your conclusions about this well blew out. Seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    In light of the fact there is still litigation of the Exxon Valdez spill, I hope you're right. I think the cap on damages should be lifted altogether. Whatever the cost of making it right, it's theirs to bear when they make bad decisions based on cost cutting rather than safety.

    One would think the possibility of blowing up the world's most advanced rig would be cause enough to prevent such greedy actions. Making them pay through the nose, provided the report is borne out, just might prevent the next idiot oil company from making the same stupid choices.

    Yes, I'm flabbergasted to see anyone attempt to defend BP and their cohorts.
    Obviously YOU prefer to assign guilt prior to examination of ALL the evidence being assessed.

    Seems you are not the only one to do this, the Messiah (having at some stage been a Lawyer, he should have known better) has also assigned guilt before hearing all the evidence.

    Personally I prefer to hear the entire list of facts from all the Company's involved.

    It could well be that BP may be adjudged to be 100% responsible, but at this stage NO ONE can state this to be an absolute irrefutable fact.

  4. #14
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You really should become more informed before posting your conclusions about this well blew out. Seriously!
    Would be so kind to interpret what your statement meant?, There is a PREVIEW button that can help prevent posting nonsensical statements.

    If you think this is inaccurate I invite you to post what is, instead of posting another of your uninformed condemnations.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Would be so kind to interpret what your statement meant?, There is a PREVIEW button that can help prevent posting nonsensical statements.

    If you think this is inaccurate I invite you to post what is, instead of posting another of your uninformed condemnations.
    I would like for you explain how a gas pocket pushed four miles of material to the surface in only ten minutes. How much mass weight would that be? I welcome your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would like for you explain how a gas pocket pushed four miles of material to the surface in only ten minutes. How much mass weight would that be? I welcome your response.
    Exactly the response I expected. Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would like for you explain how a gas pocket pushed four miles of material to the surface in only ten minutes. How much mass weight would that be? I welcome your response.
    Oh, terribly sorry. I missed this one. You poor soul. You must have felt awfully alone.

    First off: What the hell are you yapping about? You haven't read anything that's been provided to you that explains what happened, have you?

    Second: Do you know what the water pressure is down where those pipes are leaking? I'll save you the embarrassment... it's about 2,000 psi. So, for that oil and gas to be flowing out of those pipes it has to be under more than 2,000 psi.

    At that pressure just how fast do you think it would shoot up that drill hole that has almost no pressure in it, thanks to BP?

    You come on here as if you know something about those drilling rigs and it's obvious you don't have a clue.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Oh, terribly sorry. I missed this one. You poor soul. You must have felt awfully alone.

    First off: What the hell are you yapping about? You haven't read anything that's been provided to you that explains what happened, have you?

    Second: Do you know what the water pressure is down where those pipes are leaking? I'll save you the embarrassment... it's about 2,000 psi. So, for that oil and gas to be flowing out of those pipes it has to be under more than 2,000 psi.

    At that pressure just how fast do you think it would shoot up that drill hole that has almost no pressure in it, thanks to BP?

    You come on here as if you know something about those drilling rigs and it's obvious you don't have a clue.
    What's the water pressure under the ocean floor?

    What will you say if they find out that the casing split length wise and it didn't have anything to do with the cementing, afterall? You gonna want to go to Japan and sue the pipe manufaturer????

    BTW, how much does 4 miles of cement weigh? More than 2,000 pounds, I bet. Do the math, bro.

    Care to tell us how a cased hole, with a flow shoe at the bottom, blows out and shoves 4 miles worth of cement to the drill floor? Do you know what any of that means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's the water pressure under the ocean floor?

    What will you say if they find out that the casing split length wise and it didn't have anything to do with the cementing, afterall? You gonna want to go to Japan and sue the pipe manufaturer????

    BTW, how much does 4 miles of cement weigh? More than 2,000 pounds, I bet. Do the math, bro.

    Care to tell us how a cased hole, with a flow shoe at the bottom, blows out and shoves 4 miles worth of cement to the drill floor? Do you know what any of that means?
    Now I know you don't have a clue. They didn't cement the entire length of the drill hole. I believe they put in 3 cement plugs.

    Oh, and by the way, this explosion did not occur because the casing split. But, I've spoon fed you enough. You'll have to look that one up yourself.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Blowout: The Deepwater Horizon Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Now I know you don't have a clue. They didn't cement the entire length of the drill hole. I believe they put in 3 cement plugs.
    They cement the entire length of the hole, from ground level on down. I never said otherwise. However, the cement is pumped in from the drill floor, which accounts for the entire four miles. Hello?!?

    Oh, and by the way, this explosion did not occur because the casing split. But, I've spoon fed you enough. You'll have to look that one up yourself.
    And, you know that...how? No one really knows what happen, but you're sure split casing had nothing to do with it? Care to explain that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •