Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: Obama's aunt granted asylum

  1. #81
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You know what? Whatever.

    It's his aunt and it's a little old lady in a wheelchair who is seeking asylum from a country that is torn by violence. So what if she's the president's aunt? There's got to be some perks for having the single most stressful job in the world...if he pulls a couple diplomatic strings to get her through the process, by all means, I would, too.
    There are people living all over the world in countries "torn by violence".... are we then to move them all here and afford them public housing.... food...power.... a new car..... wide screen TV....

    Get my drift?

    BTW..... the clan she comes from is the largest in Kenya. When do they arrive?

    How about the rest of his family?

    If we are going to toss the law out for the President, where do you draw the line?

    Fraud?

    Theft? and how much?

    How about we just give him a full pass and include murder?

    You see, either the laws of this country are to be obeyed or all laws are undermined and we will eventually end up a 3rd world Banana Republic where your life isn't worth 2 cents.

    So what do you want, law and order, or anarchy?
    There is no such thing as a ďNatural Born Dual-Citizenď.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    There are people living all over the world in countries "torn by violence".... are we then to move them all here and afford them public housing.... food...power.... a new car..... wide screen TV....
    None of them are related to the President so I don't much care.
    Get my drift?
    Hyperbole is not your friend.

    BTW..... the clan she comes from is the largest in Kenya. When do they arrive?
    Obama is related to her. Not the clan. Slippery slope fallacy.

    How about the rest of his family?
    What about them? None of them have asked for asylum to the U.S. to my knowledge.
    If we are going to toss the law out for the President, where do you draw the line?
    Do you have evidence that the law was tossed out for the President? I'll appreciate it. Court transcripts, her case file etc would be appreciated in making your case.

    Fraud?

    Theft? and how much?

    How about we just give him a full pass and include murder?
    Slippery slope arguments are silly.

    You see, either the laws of this country are to be obeyed or all laws are undermined and we will eventually end up a 3rd world Banana Republic where your life isn't worth 2 cents.

    So what do you want, law and order, or anarchy?
    When you can provide any evidence that the law was twisted because she was related to Obama - I welcome it - conjecture is not helping you right now. You sound desperate with all the slippery slope fallacies.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #83
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, I think she should follow the rule of law.

    Our rule of law allows for judges to make rulings in regards to asylum in cases where someone is fleeing for their life from their home country.

    There is a grave and huge difference between someone breaking the laws, repeatedly, and being deported with no legal leeway to keep them here, and someone that came here illegally...yet made themselves known (through the asylum attempt the first time)...and is now still here because the law, a judge, decided to hear the case and rule in her favor.

    If the judge ruled against her, then hell yes, deport her ass.

    Unlike you apparently, I do not cherry pick when I follow the law. We have asylum rules and standards for a specific reason and if she falls within them then she's within the boundaries of the law. If she didn't I'd absolutely be in favor of her deportation.

    But thanks for reaching, it was entertaining to watch. Next time, perhaps check the premise of your statement and your argument may look less ignorant. Your premise is that somehow I'm an Obama sycophant and think he can "do no wrong". Your premise is flawed, and frankly stupid, and thus why your pathetic attempt at playing "Gotcha" failed. The illegal immigrant in the post you linked to has no legal standing to remain in this country...this woman does.
    The Judge did rule against her... she stayed. Barry got elected, she gets to stay.

    She did break the law.... she was an ILLEGAL ALIEN..... she disobeyed a deportation order. I donít know and donít care if she illegally stole public housing , itís still wrong.

    Your pathetic hypocrisy is duly noted.... don't ever lecture anyone else about their hypocrisy or hyper partisanship.... you are no better than the worst here.
    There is no such thing as a ďNatural Born Dual-Citizenď.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #84
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    This is obviously a result of the influence of Obama since he has become President. She was turned down before and nothing has changed. We cannot give asylum to everyone on the planet who lives in a country without our freedoms and claiming they are being discriminated against. This woman is not able to fend for herself and is a burden on the society as a whole. She has been living here illegally since the expiration of her visa and her original hearing where she was ordered out. She should be sent back and forced to wait at the back of the line of all Kenyans who have applied for naturalized US citizenship after paying a fine for her scoff law behavior and returning all public assistance $ she has used so far. Maybe Obama will pay her fines and debts. He obviously has an interest in her staying here or she would be gone.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    The Judge did rule against her... she stayed. Barry got elected, she gets to stay.
    Correlation doesn't equal causation. There is absolutely no proof as of yet that Obama pulled any strings or did anything illegal or unethical to get the judge to grant her asylum. Should that be shown my view may change. Based on the information we actually HAVE, and not crazy assumptions by hyper partisans that only give a damn about scoring political points, she's here legally now and through no wrong doing on the part of Obama.

    She did break the law.... she was an ILLEGAL ALIEN..... she disobeyed a deportation order. I donít know and donít care if she illegally stole public housing , itís still wrong.
    Yes, and she's wrong for all of that. That said, currently...today...a Judge, a person of U.S. Law, has ruled her asylum is granted and thus she's legally allowed to be here. I support the rule of law. As such, I would've supported her deportation up until the point where the law now says she's legally allowed to be here. Just like I'm for the deportation of the person in the thread you linked, but if suddenly amnesty was declared then well, I'd no longer be saying they need to be deported.

    Your pathetic hypocrisy is duly noted.... don't ever lecture anyone else about their hypocrisy or hyper partisanship.... you are no better than the worst here.
    There is no hypocrisy here. You've demonstrated nothing. In one case the person isn't legally allowed to be here, in the other they are...end of story. Keep beating up your strawman, its entertaining.

    Also, might want to look up partisanship. If you're going to lambast me for being partisan, I'm partisan to the right...which is hardly where Obama is. For you to use this to claim I'm somehow a hyper partisan you'd have to show one, how I'm partisan to the side that Obama is politically in the first place, and two, how I'm forgoing reason, logic, and principles in the name of mindlessly following my ideological side at all costs.

    Considering I'm a conservative, and have never voted Democrat, and routinely criticize Obama, and voted for McCain/Palin rather than him, you're going to be really hard pressed to say I'm Partisan to the left.

    Stop talking, you're making your argument look worse and worse.

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    I always knew Zyphlin was a closet lefty.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    That's me, one step away from Karl Marx

  8. #88
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's me, one step away from Karl Marx
    So we should start to call you Fredrick Engels?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    ah...

    so THIS is the topic APPROVED!

    LOL!

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's aunt granted asylum

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    There are people living all over the world in countries "torn by violence".... are we then to move them all here and afford them public housing.... food...power.... a new car..... wide screen TV....
    OK, well you show me where Obama's aunt is beign "afforded" all those things by the public treasury and then I might muster up the energy to care.

    Get my drift?

    BTW..... the clan she comes from is the largest in Kenya. When do they arrive?
    When the rest of the clan starts arriving because of his intervention on their behalves, then I might muster up the energy to care.

    How about the rest of his family?
    If it's his family I am never going to muster up the energy to care. Family values are something that I actually respect.

    If we are going to toss the law out for the President, where do you draw the line?
    Show me where the law was tossed out for him and I might muster up the energy to care.

    Fraud?

    Theft? and how much?

    How about we just give him a full pass and include murder?
    Your appeal to the absurd isn't going to work.

    You see, either the laws of this country are to be obeyed or all laws are undermined and we will eventually end up a 3rd world Banana Republic where your life isn't worth 2 cents.

    So what do you want, law and order, or anarchy?
    Well if you are actually afraid that the most powerful man in the world pulling a couple strings to get his wheelchair bound elderly aunt into his own country under his protection is going to turn the US into a 3rd world Banana Republic, I don't think there's much opportunity for rational discussion here anymore.

    I just can't get all up in arms over this. Sorry. In fact, it's ****ing ridiculous and transparent as a ploy to tarnish the man when there's so much more rational and productive disagreement to have with him.

    So, again, my position on this is a big, fat WHATEVER.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •