Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    There is a thread on Topix "I hate Miley Cyrus" It has about 25,000 posts on it saying how much they hate Miley Cyrus.

    Most of the posters are very young but it has some of the grossest insults I have ever heard. Most of them think she is a slut.
    They think she's a slut?
    Is this based on anything, or are they just pulling it out of their asses?
    She's a Disney creation, and she's been slaving away all her life.
    She and her dad seem very close.
    I doubt she's ever had much unsupervised time to be a slut, little money-machine that she is.
    I mean, she's a franchise.
    Many powerful people have multi-million dollar fortunes riding on this teenage girl and her image.
    It's rather unrealistic to imagine they allow her much freedom or control over it, wouldn't you think?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    I'm not trying to go after anybody or put anybody on the spot.
    I just seriously want to know why people would think this.

    I've mentioned before that it bothers me the way Hollywood- or the media, or our society, or some combination- eats up young celebrities these days; especially female ones.
    It seems they only exist anymore so we can have the pleasure of watching them self-destruct.

    It's not because they're "sluttier".
    They were actually far sluttier in the 70s and 80s.
    Jennifer Jason Leigh, Phoebe Cates, Brooke Shields, Mariel Hemmingway: all of them were doing fully nude sex scenes while still minors (or, in the case of Shields, before she was even pubescent. Ever seen "Pretty Baby"?).
    Yet they're all basically okay.
    They were at the time, and they still are.

    Why do we want to burn up adolescent celebrities for entertainment these days?
    Why do they nearly all crash and burn?

    I suspect it's a matter of drugs.
    This is just a theory, but I think they start them on prescriptions very young.
    "Too tired to keep up with your grueling 12 hour a day performance schedule? Here's a prescription for Adderall. Adderall keeping you awake? Here's a prescription sedative. Etc."


    I mean, they're probably hooked on all that crap by the time they're ten or eleven, all these Disney-made stars.
    There's so much money invested in them, so much riding on them.
    They have to be made to keep going, one way or the other.

    That's my theory.
    It's nothing to do with "sluttiness" or sexual immorality.
    The only immorality is that of mega-corporations making fortunes off these kids, and killing them- or at the very least destroying them- in the process.
    Last edited by 1069; 05-19-10 at 09:23 PM.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    They think she's a slut?
    Is this based on anything, or are they just pulling it out of their asses?
    She's a Disney creation, and she's been slaving away all her life.
    She and her dad seem very close.
    I doubt she's ever had much unsupervised time to be a slut, little money-machine that she is.
    I mean, she's a franchise.
    Many powerful people have multi-million dollar fortunes riding on this teenage girl and her image.
    It's rather unrealistic to imagine they allow her much freedom or control over it, wouldn't you think?
    A lot of them talk about her slutty pole dancing. She is a disney creation. It's not like she made it the hard way.

    Another example of a teenage slut was Tanya Tucker when she arrived on the Country and Western scene.

    It doesn't matter to me. I like my women a little on the trashy side.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    She is a disney creation. It's not like she made it the hard way.
    I don't think that's true. I doubt any of us can even imagine.
    She's barely even old enough to work. If she were a *real* kid, instead of a celebrity, child labor laws would protect her by preventing her from working too many hours a day at McDonald's or The Gap.
    Instead, since she was prepubescent, she's been touring incessantly, starring in her own sitcom, making movies, and putting out albums.


    A lot of them talk about her slutty pole dancing.
    Cry me a river.
    I'm so sure she even gets a choice.
    Her handlers choreograph her dance routines, choose her costumes, and tell her what to say during interviews, on the rare occasions they allow her to open her mouth at all.
    Miley the Multimillion Dollar Child Star is over. The well has run dry; the train has left the station, the goose has laid its last golden egg (but that's okay, because Disney's got Selena Gomez or some other 12-year-old ready to step in and take her place without missing a beat).
    They're just trying to see if they can possibly milk a few more bucks out of her before they put her out to pasture... or drag her off behind the barn and shoot her.
    Figuratively speaking, of course, haha. Although I'm sure they wish they could.

  5. #45
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Miley Cyrus is 17 years old.
    She's a performer, who has been working hard nearly all her life.
    Whether or not one thinks she's talented or likes her type of music is a matter of personal opinion.
    What makes you think it's appropriate to call her "trash"?
    Why is she "trash"? Because she's got a rich daddy?
    What has she ever done to deserve to be called that?
    None of the above. She's a mouthy little twit who leaks personal & suggestive photos of herself for attention (which she doesn't need). Did you see the cell phone pics of Miley and her friends making fun of the Asian guy?

    I don't care about her, so I surely do not want to see "leaked" photos of her in her underpants. None of the young starlets of those bygone days felt the need to flash their crotches at the photogs. She's taking an amazing opportunity and trashing it. I'm sure there are thousands of young girls who would handle that fortuity with a little more appreciation. Miley Cyrus just trashes what she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  6. #46
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    alotta hatin in this thread
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  7. #47
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I now await the honor killing for being in the swimsuit competition. LOL.

    Seriously, though, this shows that America frequently IS a place where you can be what you want to be, no matter where else you came from.
    Not only that, but she is a fox too.



    And I especially liked her in the talent contest, where she showed us how to.... j/k.
    Congratulations, Miss America.

    Article is here.
    wow....she's beautiful.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #48
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Not the same thing.

    Miss USA is part of the Miss Universe pageant. I don't think there's a "talent" component, so if they say she's "well rounded" it means she has curves in all the right places.
    no talent component? what?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #49
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    A lot of them talk about her slutty pole dancing. She is a disney creation. It's not like she made it the hard way.

    Another example of a teenage slut was Tanya Tucker when she arrived on the Country and Western scene.

    It doesn't matter to me. I like my women a little on the trashy side.
    When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed?

    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #50
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dearborn's Miss Michigan wins Miss USA pageant

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I'm not trying to go after anybody or put anybody on the spot.
    I just seriously want to know why people would think this.

    I've mentioned before that it bothers me the way Hollywood- or the media, or our society, or some combination- eats up young celebrities these days; especially female ones.
    It seems they only exist anymore so we can have the pleasure of watching them self-destruct.

    It's not because they're "sluttier".
    They were actually far sluttier in the 70s and 80s.
    Jennifer Jason Leigh, Phoebe Cates, Brooke Shields, Mariel Hemmingway: all of them were doing fully nude sex scenes while still minors (or, in the case of Shields, before she was even pubescent. Ever seen "Pretty Baby"?).
    Yet they're all basically okay.
    They were at the time, and they still are.

    Why do we want to burn up adolescent celebrities for entertainment these days?
    Why do they nearly all crash and burn?

    I suspect it's a matter of drugs.
    This is just a theory, but I think they start them on prescriptions very young.
    "Too tired to keep up with your grueling 12 hour a day performance schedule? Here's a prescription for Adderall. Adderall keeping you awake? Here's a prescription sedative. Etc."


    I mean, they're probably hooked on all that crap by the time they're ten or eleven, all these Disney-made stars.
    There's so much money invested in them, so much riding on them.
    They have to be made to keep going, one way or the other.

    That's my theory.
    It's nothing to do with "sluttiness" or sexual immorality.
    The only immorality is that of mega-corporations making fortunes off these kids, and killing them- or at the very least destroying them- in the process.
    you can't blame the corporations, you HAVE to blame the parents, if they are around.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •