Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Neither did the Government. And if BP lied about it the way the Government did. people would be in jail.
    None of which I have denied. It also does not change the fact that BP did not keep things safe.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Talk about a straw man. This analogy fails badly. The govt. is the building inspector, not a contractor.
    Inspectors can be contracted. Nice try, but you fail.

  3. #23
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Inspectors can be contracted. Nice try, but you fail.


    So you think BP should have hired a different government agency to do the inspections?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is a failure of Government, Again some asked what the big deal was when the ID's guy went rafting, welll we can see the ID was asleeep at the wheel.
    I guess you haven't been following the story closely enough to know that that corruption at MMS is a systemic problem that has happened under 3 Presidents.

    The notion that had Secretary Salazar not gone rafting or been lifted out of the Grand Canyon, then things would be different is so moronic and stupid it's not even funny -- A very pathetic attempt to draw some feeble comparison between this event and Katrina is the type of ignorance that allows systemic corruption to continue.

    Instead of focusing on the specific individuals at MMS and BP that could have prevented this, you desperately play fifty-six degrees of separation between ineptness and corruption and President Obama.

    Also, had you seen 60 Minutes last night, the BP rep on board the rig gave the orders to change procedures to speed things up with the well.

  5. #25
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    None of which I have denied. It also does not change the fact that BP did not keep things safe.



    No they didn't, yes BP is to blame, all while the oil enters the gulf loop.....


    But why lie about inspections and declaring it one of the safest platforms in the gulf if you as a government agency hold no shared culpability?


    It really just amazes me how little blame the left in general is putting on the government. This is what you all wanted them to be responsible for. Now that they failed, there is nary a peep from the left about how the government failed miserably in protecting our coast and our environment.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #26
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they didn't, yes BP is to blame, all while the oil enters the gulf loop.....


    But why lie about inspections and declaring it one of the safest platforms in the gulf if you as a government agency hold no shared culpability?


    It really just amazes me how little blame the left in general is putting on the government. This is what you all wanted them to be responsible for. Now that they failed, there is nary a peep from the left about how the government failed miserably in protecting our coast and our environment.
    Do you think everyone involved at MMS is from the left?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they didn't, yes BP is to blame, all while the oil enters the gulf loop.....


    But why lie about inspections and declaring it one of the safest platforms in the gulf if you as a government agency hold no shared culpability?


    It really just amazes me how little blame the left in general is putting on the government. This is what you all wanted them to be responsible for. Now that they failed, there is nary a peep from the left about how the government failed miserably in protecting our coast and our environment.
    I am not defending the inspection agency. If they where not keeping up with their requirements, that is a problem. If, as it appears, they lied about it, that is absolutely unacceptable. My point is that underinspection does not argue that there should be no inspections.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess you haven't been following the story closely enough to know that that corruption at MMS is a systemic problem that has happened under 3 Presidents.

    Uhm, I have only been stating this for over a week. But yeah nut, ignore what my actual issue is to make this a hyper-partisan rant on yours.


    The notion that had Secretary Salazar not gone rafting or been lifted out of the Grand Canyon, then things would be different is so moronic and stupid it's not even funny -- A very pathetic attempt to draw some feeble comparison between this event and Katrina is the type of ignorance that allows systemic corruption to continue.

    Your strawman is pathetic and moronic. His rafting is systemic of the bigger problem the ID has. As evidenced by the missed inspections.



    Instead of focusing on the specific individuals at MMS and BP that could have prevented this, you desperately play fifty-six degrees of separation between ineptness and corruption and President Obama.

    Also, had you seen 60 Minutes last night, the BP rep on board the rig gave the orders to change procedures to speed things up with the well.


    Funny, I haven't mentioned Obama in this thread. Are you really that up his butt that you have to defend him when he wasn't attacked?


    As I said in at least 3 previous threads, this failure is the culmination of 3 presidencies. But don't let that stop you from being a partisan hack.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not defending the inspection agency. If they where not keeping up with their requirements, that is a problem. If, as it appears, they lied about it, that is absolutely unacceptable.

    I agree with all of this. My frustration over this whole issue has to do with a massive failure of Government to regulate/inspect/prevent BP from ****ting the gulf. It's not the fault of Obama alone, but the past 3 presidents. However, where does the buck stop when the poop hits the pool?


    I am all for drilling in the gulf, I am not for having no containment plans or non working containment plans, or shortcuts being allowed to save a few hundered thousand.

    People have no idea how bad this spill is. 300 ft deep in some spots, entering the gulf loop and up the east coast, and people like hazlnut want to excuse the government just because his guy is now in power...

    It's despicable in all areas.




    My point is that underinspection does not argue that there should be no inspections.


    huh?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP IMPACT: Fed'l inspections on rig not as claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    huh?
    Chevydriver was arguing that this is proof that we need to get rid of the inspecting agency.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •