Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

  1. #1
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    link


    GENEVA Arizona's new law on illegal immigration could violate international standards that are binding in the United States, six U.N. human rights experts said Tuesday.

    The basic human rights regulations, signed by the U.S. and many other nations, regard issues such as discrimination and the terms under which a person can be detained, the experts said.
    Once again, the hypocritical United Nations butts in where it is not wanted. There are so many places where rights are REALLY violated and they say little or nothing about them, yet they want to complain about somethign that is non-existant in the United States...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Ugh! Morons...

    Like we give a damn what that bastion of incompetence and corruption thinks.

    The law is "discriminatory"? Yea, against people who break the law...

  3. #3
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Considering the same law is on the FEDERAL books, and has been for 70 years, what a maroon.

    Fed's do it, it's A-OK,m state does it? ZOMG WTF BBQSAUCE!!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #4
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    link




    Once again, the hypocritical United Nations butts in where it is not wanted. There are so many places where rights are REALLY violated and they say little or nothing about them, yet they want to complain about somethign that is non-existant in the United States...
    UN rights experts?

    Are these the same experts that allowed Iran to be the head of their human rights group, right after Iran said they would arrest any woman that got a sunburn or suntan?

    Why am I not surprised?

  5. #5
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,332

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    UN rights experts?

    Are these the same experts that allowed Iran to be the head of their human rights group, right after Iran said they would arrest any woman that got a sunburn or suntan?

    Why am I not surprised?


    LOL! You beat me to it......Had to go back and erase and stuff....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #6
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    UN rights experts?

    Are these the same experts that allowed Iran to be the head of their human rights group, right after Iran said they would arrest any woman that got a sunburn or suntan?

    Why am I not surprised?
    Membership of the Human Rights Council 2006-2012

    I don't know what human rights group you are talking about, but despite its hypocrisy, the Human Rights Council that was formed in 2006 has NEVER counted Iran among its members. However, there are enough Member States that are on that list to give one cause for serious concern.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #7
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Membership of the Human Rights Council 2006-2012

    I don't know what human rights group you are talking about, but despite its hypocrisy, the Human Rights Council that was formed in 2006 has NEVER counted Iran among its members. However, there are enough Member States that are on that list to give one cause for serious concern.
    I was refering to this one:

    FNC Highlights 'Another Outrage' from U.N., Iran on Women's Rights Commission | NewsBusters.org

    And here is that wonderful idea of arresting women who get suntans:

    Suntanned women to be arrested under Islamic dress code - Telegraph

    As you said above, the women's rights group I am talking about, is different then the one you stated in the OP.
    Last edited by TheHat; 05-11-10 at 11:09 AM.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    The law is "discriminatory"? Yea, against people who break the law...
    I found this very ironic given your screen name. Irony is very dangerous before people can have their first cup of coffee.

    As to the OT, the UN can piss off. Arizona is our problem and we'll deal with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    link




    Once again, the hypocritical United Nations butts in where it is not wanted. There are so many places where rights are REALLY violated and they say little or nothing about them, yet they want to complain about somethign that is non-existant in the United States...
    The UN is a joke. Where is the UN on Mexico...its refusal to control its illegal immigration problem...or for that matter the way MEXICO treats illegals passing through their country on the way to the US?

    The US should monitor and protect its southern border with the same humanity and care that Mexico does.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: UN rights experts criticize Arizona law

    And what nation is the primary contributer of funds for this useless organization? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •