Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 305

Thread: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    maybe your trying to be funny here, who knows? However your mockery only shows your lack of tolerance.


    j-mac
    I'm not mocking anyone. It is part of my beliefs, so please have some tolerance for them.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Here is a case similiar to what I was saying

    Cox v. New Hampshire - Religious Freedom Page

  3. #273
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    In other words, it isn't about respecting me and my right as an individual to not engage in your public religious spectacle. As long as you religious types think that me or anyone else should be forced into silence during a public prayer, you can expect to keep losing these kind of battles.

    Respect is a two way street. Pray in public all you want. The day you try to force us to participate or stop what I am doing to observe the custom is the day you should lose the privilege, imho. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening in situations like the original article.

    We all lose when things like what you are saying here are taken for intelligent discourse. Sorry, but that is just how I feel about it. Oh, and one other thing here, you and others seem to have assumed and labeled me, or others as some kind of hyper religious types. Clearly, you must feel some guilt in what you say, fore there would be little reason for you to cast such an imagined dispersion toward people that disagree with you whether you know them to actually be religious or not. It is IMHO, a small, and closed minded approach to this question, and one that should be as equally dismissed as the argument you and others are attempting to make.

    No one that I know of by reading the article is forcing anything on anyone, other than the weasel from the food service company that felt their subsidy threatened through an over zealous reading of the regulations.

    As for your hypothetical, you can most certainly carry on a conversation during a prayer in public, however, what you can not expect is that if you chose to do so without considering others around you and what they wish to participate in or not, is a POV from a deeply narcissistic stand, and one that is void of others wishes. So why should they respect yours?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #274
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    It occurred to me that perhaps the seniors are saying a heartfelt prayer of thanks for their subsidized meal.

    How ironic that the same entity which graciously provides the food subsidy also forbids a gracious prayer of thanks for it.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  5. #275
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I'm not mocking anyone. It is part of my beliefs, so please have some tolerance for them.

    Sure you are. So what belief is that? Tell us, is it an organized one? I have all the tolerance in the world for those not wishing to participate in group prayers, what I don't respect are those that feel that because they don't want to participate that everyone else should cease because of them.

    Here is a case similiar to what I was saying

    Cox v. New Hampshire - Religious Freedom Page
    You have me at a loss here....What are you saying? That the seniors should have to obtain a permit to pray?



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #276
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    It occurred to me that perhaps the seniors are saying a heartfelt prayer of thanks for their subsidized meal.

    How ironic that the same entity which graciously provides the food subsidy also forbids a gracious prayer of thanks for it.

    Thank you Tashah. I see what you are saying here, and you're right! Sadly!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    It occurred to me that perhaps the seniors are saying a heartfelt prayer of thanks for their subsidized meal.

    How ironic that the same entity which graciously provides the food subsidy also forbids a gracious prayer of thanks for it.
    How would you actually know that for sure?

  8. #278
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    How would you actually know that for sure?

    *tink* *tink* *tink*.....hey LA! How about my question? Are you proscribing that those that want to have a group prayer in a public setting need a permit?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #279
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    How would you actually know that for sure?
    I'll return the volley... how could you actually disallow that for sure?

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I'll return the volley... how could you actually disallow that for sure?
    Actually it is irrelevant what they are praying for. This is an ad infinitum argument about opinions.

    Nothing in history has led to more war and bloodshed than organized religion going back in time to it's original origins.

    Today the Judeo-Christian organized religions are engaged in a war against the organized Muslim Religion.

    Religion is strange. It was only a small time in history that Christians were engaged in pogroms against the Jews, for example.

    It never ends.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •