Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 214

Thread: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

  1. #141
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because you're perspective is all wrong. It is the "lefties" who are the ones trying to maintain this countries values. It is the right-wing that is trying to sell out America to the fundamentalists and the Corporations.
    Unregulated abortion, bans on capital punishment, and a constitutional right to gay marriage are part of this countries original values?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #142
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because you're perspective is all wrong. It is the "lefties" who are the ones trying to maintain this countries values. It is the right-wing that is trying to sell out America to the fundamentalists and the Corporations.
    LOL i just spit diet mountain dew all over my keyboard reading that



  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    The destruction of the country ... perhaps, I should say the "fundamental changing" of America *for the worse* amuses mosts lefties I know.

    Why?
    When the far-righties, driven by bitterness and a hint of bigotry over the outcome of an election, have began forming these growing delusions of persecution and 'socialism'...

    Delusions.

    I can't answer 'why', because the 'what' doesn't exist in real life.

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    When the far-righties, driven by bitterness and a hint of bigotry over the outcome of an election, have began forming these growing delusions of persecution and 'socialism'...

    Delusions.

    I can't answer 'why', because the 'what' doesn't exist in real life.
    I see Straw men walking



  5. #145
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because you're perspective is all wrong. It is the "lefties" who are the ones trying to maintain this countries values. It is the right-wing that is trying to sell out America to the fundamentalists and the Corporations.
    My perspective is centered around EQUAL, unalienable rights....the rights your ilk trample to ensure those that won't get off their ass to make a living, those that squirt out broods to "make a living", those that have children they can't afford, those union ****s that demand $35.00 an hour to push a broom, and those that enter this country illegally can continue to vote for the progressive trash you support.
    Last edited by webrockk; 05-10-10 at 11:21 PM.

  6. #146
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    When the far-righties, driven by bitterness and a hint of bigotry over the outcome of an election, have began forming these growing delusions of persecution and 'socialism'...

    Delusions.

    I can't answer 'why', because the 'what' doesn't exist in real life.
    "A hint of bigotry" Yes, the mating call for all lefties....squawwk...racist are everywhere...Squawwk!!

  7. #147
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Unregulated abortion, bans on capital punishment, and a constitutional right to gay marriage are part of this countries original values?
    The right to be free of governmental intrusion, the right against cruel and unusual punishment and the right of equal protection under the law are ABSOLUTELY part of this countries original values.

    Remember....there is something in the pledge that even says Freedom and Justice for ALL (not just some).
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #148
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The right to be free of governmental intrusion, the right against cruel and unusual punishment and the right of equal protection under the law are ABSOLUTELY part of this countries original values.

    Remember....there is something in the pledge that even says Freedom and Justice for ALL (not just some).
    how is capital punishment cruel and unusual punishment given it was widespread at the time the founders wrote the constitution and lethal injection is far more humane than the hangings of the day that didn't even use a proper weight to height drop to guarantee a quick death. In fact the term "string someone up" meant death by strangulation and that was common back then. so were firing squads with weapons that were lucky to group a foot at 25 paces.

    gays have equal protection-they can marry someone of the opposite sex the same as everyone else



  9. #149
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    My perspective is centered around EQUAL, unalienable rights....the rights your ilk trample to ensure those that won't get off their ass to make a living, those that squirt out broods to "make a living", those that have children they can't afford, those union ****s that demand $35.00 an hour to push a broom, and those that enter this country illegally can continue to vote for the progressive trash you support.
    We don't support much of what you claim. I am against government handouts although I believe in a right to work state. I don't support corporations moving high paying manufacturing jobs overseas so that corporations can increase profits for their millionaire/billionaire CEO's.
    I believe that workers should be paid a living wage and that corporations shouldn't be able to exploit the workers.
    I support immigration reform, while recognizing the need for migrant workers.
    I believe that the true way to go about immigration reform is to go after the companies that profit off low wages they pay to undocumented workers.

    Oh...and by the way....you need a civics lesson. People who enter this country illegally can't vote. Did you not realize that?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #150
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    how is capital punishment cruel and unusual punishment given it was widespread at the time the founders wrote the constitution and lethal injection is far more humane than the hangings of the day that didn't even use a proper weight to height drop to guarantee a quick death. In fact the term "string someone up" meant death by strangulation and that was common back then. so were firing squads with weapons that were lucky to group a foot at 25 paces.

    gays have equal protection-they can marry someone of the opposite sex the same as everyone else
    Standards of decency change. Most civilized countries recognize that state sponsored killings are inhumane. We are now in the same category as countries like Iran, Iraq and third world countries in our thinking.

    As for your second argument...it doesn't even warrant a response. That reasoning has been rejected time and again and is now only used by the desperate right-wing who have no other argument.
    Ever follow the Constitutional scholars who write on arguments against gay marriage? Let me give you a clue...they have better arguments than that one.
    Last edited by disneydude; 05-10-10 at 11:36 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •