Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 214

Thread: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    You ever notice how the far left is incapable of seeing their messiah criticized by anyone and will smear them mercilessly in attempt to cloud the issue?
    Far left? Hardly. Welcome to DP, BTW...

    Fact-based criticisms about specific policies, I got no problem with...

    Regurgitating mindless talking points is what we mostly see from the far-righties around here...

    My point was how quickly some Libertarians have taken to adopting GOP partisan positions...and the sometimes thin talking points that go along with those positions.

    I'm wondering if they, the Libertarians, will be happy with any President.



    Lame and pathetic. Some people just don't like your man-crush; get over it.
    Um... note to 1984 from 1984...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    ...smear them mercilessly in attempt to cloud the issue?
    Now, you be careful with them rocks in that glass house.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 05-10-10 at 03:28 PM.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Far left? Hardly. Welcome to DP, BTW...

    Fact-based criticisms about specific policies, I got no problem with...

    Regurgitating mindless talking points is what we mostly see from the far-righties around here...

    My point was how quickly some Libertarians have taken to adopting GOP partisan positions...and the sometimes thin talking points that go along with those positions.

    I'm wondering if they, the Libertarians, will be happy with any President.
    Yea, libertarians could never agree with anything the GOP says or does without there being some kind of nefarious alliance.

    You have a man-crush on Obama, that's nice, but that doesn't mean a common criticism between libertarians and Republicans is a "mindless talking point".

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post

    You have a man-crush on Obama, that's nice, but that doesn't mean a common criticism between libertarians and Republicans is a "mindless talking point".
    You've mistaken my distain for partisan hackery for a 'crush'.

    And most of the hyper-partisan posts that appeared in this thread prior to us really knowing anything about the nominee are mindless because it takes no thought or real effort to copy/paste them from Drudge or whatever blog the sheep currently get their 'news' from...

  4. #94
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Regurgitating mindless talking points is what we mostly see from the far-righties around here...
    .








    ......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You've mistaken my distain for partisan hackery for a 'crush'.
    I've actually lurked here for a while. I know your history, and it's been nothing but mindless partisanry.

    And most of the hyper-partisan posts that appeared in this thread prior to us really knowing anything about the nominee are mindless because it takes no thought or real effort to copy/paste them from Drudge or whatever blog the sheep currently get their 'news' from...
    The nominee doesn't have any judicial experience. That is what us non-partisans call a "fact". That you would accuse someone of being a "partisan" for making a factually-based criticism of your man-crush is both ironic and telling...

  6. #96
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,689

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    1-Not a damn sould has heard of her until she was nominated and now watch how many people suddenly 'know' her... and...

    2-Its immaterial. She is replacing an outgoing left leaning supreme court nominee. The catfight wont likely start until the balance of power is threatened.

    And as a side note...EVERYONE ought to be just plain ol PISSED about the tendency of BOTH SIDES to use politics as a nominating factor. The judicial check and balance exists for a REASON. They are SUPPOSED to be beyond politics...hence the lifetime appointment.

  7. #97
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Moderator's Warning:
    AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme CourtThis thread is about Kagan's nomination to the Supreme Court and the relative merits thereof. It is not about the relative merits of other posters.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    No matter who Obama selects most Republicans will have a problem with it.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You've mistaken my distain for partisan hackery for a 'crush'.

    And most of the hyper-partisan posts that appeared in this thread prior to us really knowing anything about the nominee are mindless because it takes no thought or real effort to copy/paste them from Drudge or whatever blog the sheep currently get their 'news' from...
    You are the epitome of what you say you are against. You've got Alinsky down to an art, just like your poster pin-up boy.

    You and Obama remind me of my 12-year-old daughter and Justin Bieber. Except she doesn't keep the crusty beach towel under her bed.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: AP source: Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You are the epitome of what you say you are against. You've got Alinsky down to an art, just like your poster pin-up boy.

    You and Obama remind me of my 12-year-old daughter and Justin Bieber. Except she doesn't keep the crusty beach towel under her bed.
    Your kid listens to Justin Bieber? You're a horrible parent. That is all.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •