Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 230

Thread: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Sorry Catz, but when I read this all I can think of is the old people of the 60s who thought that rock and roll and premarital sex would destroy society. Yeah, the kids of the 60s and 70s didn't have a direct comparison to an earlier time. But that doesn't mean that they were wrong.
    *sigh* You should stop talking now.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And further proof that people don't know how to use information or terminology.

    Last time I heard, no one was forced to download an Ipad application - especially those who don't have an Ipad, Ipod, or Iphone. Which was be the vast majority of Americans.
    You're so wrong. The white house has developed a technology in their app that is able to scrutinize people's wallets for imbedded gigabyte strips in $20 bills and ascertain that they underpaid on their taxes. I heard in an e-mail from my mother in law that downloading that app will lead to an IRS audit.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Sorry Catz, but when I read this all I can think of is the old people of the 60s who thought that rock and roll and premarital sex would destroy society. Yeah, the kids of the 60s and 70s didn't have a direct comparison to an earlier time. But that doesn't mean that they were wrong.
    There's a bit of an old man vibe from the critique of the XBox and Playstation. But I don't think that distracts from the point that he made which was valid. Listen, I don't really agree with Obama, if I'm going to say that he has a point it's because he has a valid point. And I do think it's harder now than in the past and a lot of that has more to do with our resolve to do our duty, to make sure we're knowledgeable, to keep up on government affairs than it does with any gaming platform. But in an age where information is at the tips of our fingers, where we can find out just about anything, there's even less excuse for this type of behavior. Instead, we're so caught up in the entertainment that we've made everything a little show. It's not time to stop, before it's too late.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #204
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You're so wrong. The white house has developed a technology in their app that is able to scrutinize people's wallets for imbedded gigabyte strips in $20 bills and ascertain that they underpaid on their taxes. I heard in an e-mail from my mother in law that downloading that app will lead to an IRS audit.
    What if you don't have an IPad? Apple sucks and I won't buy their ****.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What if you don't have an IPad? Apple sucks and I won't buy their ****.
    The Messiah has made arrangements to co-opt the Droid and the Sony Zune. Why do you think that these corporations are getting massive federal handouts to promote these devices?

    It's all a way of controlling us, Ikari. Be afraid. Be very afraid. These are "Orwellian" days we are living in.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The Messiah has made arrangements to co-opt the Droid and the Sony Zune. Why do you think that these corporations are getting massive federal handouts to promote these devices?
    Is it a sign that I'm behind the times cause I ain't got any of that. Damn, I'm like living in the middle ages over here, what with just me and my Pandora.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #207
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You're so wrong. The white house has developed a technology in their app that is able to scrutinize people's wallets for imbedded gigabyte strips in $20 bills and ascertain that they underpaid on their taxes. I heard in an e-mail from my mother in law that downloading that app will lead to an IRS audit.
    You know, after I typed my previous message, a guy in a brown uniform marched me down to the Apple store and made me buy one!

    What's this society coming to!?!?!?

  8. #208
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What if you don't have an IPad? Apple sucks and I won't buy their ****.


    Yes, because everyone just loves crashes, and viruses that kill their comps...I have three Mac's and an I Book. I am willing to bet that I have fewer problems with my comp than any average PC user here.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You know, after I typed my previous message, a guy in a brown uniform marched me down to the Apple store and made me buy one!

    What's this society coming to!?!?!?
    He forcibly inserted a jack into your spinal column, too, didn't he? Don't be ashamed. This is a safe place. We've all been abused by the gummint here.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    Yes, because everyone just loves crashes, and viruses that kill their comps...I have three Mac's and an I Book. I am willing to bet that I have fewer problems with my comp than any average PC user here.


    j-mac
    You've opened yourself up to so much federal thought-control it makes me afraid for you, J-mac. Your views on any subject can no longer be trusted because you've been trifled with, intellectually, by Apple.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-11-10 at 11:31 AM.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •