Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 230

Thread: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-10-10 @ 01:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I see you edited your personal attack response to me to give us another example of you abusing your mod powers.

    I never once said you had NPD so there was no personal attack nor did I ever mention you by name once..

    Editing out your attack against me and putting in the "Warning" instead is Classic CC.

    Thanks for staying predictable.
    Hilarious.

    CC is truly an under-educated idiot with a mental problem. No doubt.

    He thinks he "shreds" people when everyone knows he's just a mental-problem ridden fool.

    Dude's an utter idiot and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    AFP: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    I.E. They cannot control the media. They cannot control the spin.
    Does the meaning go right over your head because you just don't understand what he's saying or because you just don't want to??

    Let me help you out:

    He wasn't talking about the devices themselves, but the information that people access with those devices.... instant information has little value. The information is not always reliable and usually lacks a bigger picture context.

    I.E. instant information falls short when it doesn't undergo traditional fact-checking, contains mostly opinion (editorial), and lacks journalistic objectivity and context.

    People like to be constantly reminded that the world is the way they like to think it is.

  3. #153
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by CCisinsipid View Post
    Hilarious.

    CC is truly an under-educated idiot with a mental problem. No doubt.

    He thinks he "shreds" people when everyone knows he's just a mental-problem ridden fool.

    Dude's an utter idiot and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.
    Go away Bron.

  4. #154
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Didn't you learn this stuff in school?

    Bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Fact checker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Fact-checking involves researching original sources when possible to determine that the material was used accurately and presented in context. In publishing terms, it means verifying quotes with sources. In user terms, it means reading multiple sources of data and checking footnotes/endnotes listed in the article.

    Source bias means determining how data was collected, whether the methodology was scientific, and whether the data is presented accurately, without being tainted by an individual's opinions.

    These days, most American newspapers don't employ fact-checkers anymore, which means users need to exercise caution.
    All of which makes it pretty helpful to be able to check multiple sources of media for information and entertainment. Thank goodness we live in a modern information age where we have ready access to so many different information outlets.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-10-10 @ 01:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Go away Bron.
    No. I like ridiculing CC and his stupidity.

    Anyone who thinks he has the IQ of a playtpus is a sheep.

    Dude's a wackjob therapist with a slew of mental problems who thinks hes Harvardesque when he graduated from Ol State U or worse.


    Fu*k him.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Go away Bron.
    As long as it's Bron and not... someone else.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #157
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Does the meaning go right over your head because you just don't understand what he's saying or because you just don't want to??

    Let me help you out:

    He wasn't talking about the devices themselves, but the information that people access with those devices.... instant information has little value. The information is not always reliable and usually lacks a bigger picture context.

    I.E. instant information falls short when it doesn't undergo traditional fact-checking, contains mostly opinion (editorial), and lacks journalistic objectivity and context.

    People like to be constantly reminded that the world is the way they like to think it is.
    Are you suggesting that isnt the case with ALL of the mainstream media these days?

    I would dearly love to find a truly unbiased media source...one that without judgement or predetermined bias examines all sides and presents info without all the pure slant and rhetoric. if you have info on that magical source PLEASE share...

  8. #158
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by CCisinsipid View Post
    No. I like ridiculing CC and his stupidity.

    Anyone who thinks he has the IQ of a playtpus is a sheep.

    Dude's a wackjob therapist with a slew of mental problems who thinks hes Harvardesque when he graduated from Ol State U or worse.


    Fu*k him.
    Thanks for making the confirmation of your identity so easy.

  9. #159
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    As long as it's Bron and not... someone else.
    The reason I called him out is because his responses are predictable and he was sure to confirm the accusation.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We've been blinded by the "other guy" for so long that we don't see that "our guy" is just as bad. You have to think, you have to look at the whole picture. If you don't then there's no point to even trying.
    with all due respect (which is considerable), speak for yourself

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •