Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    See this is when you guys go all stupid.
    The vast majority did not do such a thing.
    That's exactly what you meant when you said:

    Yea I know that it buys them all those things, they agree to those original salaries.

    Why should they be special from everyone else and get higher than average wage increases, when the rest of the people in the U.S. who do in demand, value add things that the whole country can benefit from?
    Which means, you agreed to it, so sit back, shut-up and suck on it


    Without farmers you wouldn't have food.
    Farmers get big ass subsidies, too.



    The Swiss are doing quite well, no need for a super sized military.

    The Swiss have a very strong military. In fact, every male citizen in Swizterland is a member of the armed forces. Wanna pick another country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which means, you agreed to it, so sit back, shut-up and suck on it
    So you can't defend your argument?
    What are you going to do next, wrap yourself in an American flag and play some Lee Greenwood?


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Farmers get big ass subsidies, too.
    Didn't say that was right.
    At the same time, most small farmers don't get this huge amount of praise for providing one of the requirements of life.
    Most don't get those big ass subsidies.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Swiss have a very strong military. In fact, every male citizen in Swizterland is a member of the armed forces. Wanna pick another country?
    Except the do that for defense and don't spend ridiculous sums of money fighting overseas wars.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which means, you agreed to it, so sit back, shut-up and suck on it
    Moderator's Warning:
    Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop payKnock off the personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because a strong military is required to keep our country operating freely. Welfare only draws from the system with negative return. The military is an investment; welfare isn't.
    The military is only an investment for the private sector that develops weapons. Tax payers don't see returns on military capital during the war. It's just a black hole of money that keeps getting used up, or haven't you been paying attention to the war spending acts in congress?

    Throwing money and lives away: that's what congress is good at.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    I find it interesting that folks who support pay raises for the military are the same folks who do not support pay raises for teachers. In as much as our servicemen and women do jobs that protect our country, teachers do jobs that support our children. Both of these jobs are about as important as they come.

    And, for the record, I support pay raises for both professions.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #76
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Farmers get big ass subsidies, too.

    The Swiss have a very strong military. In fact, every male citizen in Swizterland is a member of the armed forces. Wanna pick another country?
    And the farm subsidies have led to $.90 cheeseburgers; fattening sodas; unnaturally-fed cows, pigs, and chickens spreading hormones to our children that they shouldn't be consuming; and to Monsanto controlling 90% of all the soybeans and 80% of all the corn in the nation.

    And Switzerland doesn't have a military in the same way that we do. Only about 5% are professional soliders. Every male under 50 (in certain cases) is considered an active-duty soldier under conscript laws; but since they don't fight any wars, they basically never actually on duty in the same way an enlisted man/woman here would be.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And the farm subsidies have led to $.90 cheeseburgers; fattening sodas; unnaturally-fed cows, pigs, and chickens spreading hormones to our children that they shouldn't be consuming; and to Monsanto controlling 90% of all the soybeans and 80% of all the corn in the nation.

    And Switzerland doesn't have a military in the same way that we do. Only about 5% are professional soliders. Every male under 50 (in certain cases) is considered an active-duty soldier under conscript laws; but since they don't fight any wars, they basically never actually on duty in the same way an enlisted man/woman here would be.
    re Monsanto

    Not for long. As most of their GM seeds are "round up" ready crops, the fact that glyphosate resistant weeds are becoming a problem will see Monsanto's dominate position in the market will weaken.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The military is only an investment for the private sector that develops weapons. Tax payers don't see returns on military capital during the war. It's just a black hole of money that keeps getting used up, or haven't you been paying attention to the war spending acts in congress?

    Throwing money and lives away: that's what congress is good at.
    It's not a manufacturing industry, it's more of a service industry. It costs money, and provides us a service, giving us more security and being an extension of foreign policy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    So you can't defend your argument?
    What are you going to do next, wrap yourself in an American flag and play some Lee Greenwood?
    I don't need to defend my argument. It stand on it's own merits.





    At the same time, most small farmers don't get this huge amount of praise for providing one of the requirements of life.
    Most don't get those big ass subsidies.
    Ever hear of Farm Aid? All farmers qualify for some sorta free money, or other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Pentagon asking Congress to hold back on generous increases in troop pay

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I find it interesting that folks who support pay raises for the military are the same folks who do not support pay raises for teachers. In as much as our servicemen and women do jobs that protect our country, teachers do jobs that support our children. Both of these jobs are about as important as they come.

    And, for the record, I support pay raises for both professions.
    I support teacher pay raises. What I don't support, are substandard teachers who can't be fired, because of civil service, or union protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •