Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

  1. #41
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post

    It's not hard for me to understand. I simply reject the notion. I refuse to believe that anyone "should not" be here. Based on what do you believe that they should not be here?
    Based on the fact that both Federal and State law make it illegal for them to be there. Pretty clear and straightforward.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #42
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    I'll concede that the word racist is technically incorrect, but I've made it clear that I understand the actual definitions of the group at hand. I used the word racist for convenience
    And that is why you are a liberal. Textbook.

    and because Hispanics are often treated as a distinct race despite not being so. I stand by my statement with that revision.
    Yet you offer no evidence of this claim, no basis in Arizona police acting based on race against Hispanics yet you are completely comfortable making this kind of outlandish charge. Scary but predictable.

    I have read the law, thank you very much.
    No you haven't or you wouldn't have made that ridiculous claim.

    And the only reason I have is because someone with a similar view to you yours challenged my claims in a previous thread, linked the law, and demanded that I highlight the sections that support what I am saying. Which I did, and that required that I read the law.
    And yet you still make the same false charge. Tell me, how do you make the same mistake twice?

    You're committing a fallacy, just FYI.
    LOL No. I pointed out a fact. You made a charge of racial profiling when the law expressly forbids it. That's no fallacy, that's reality.

    When I said that I wasn't so much talking about what you were saying, but about this debate in general wherever it takes place.I'm often apalled by the way people refer to the people in question in conversation. It's can get very dehumanizing. But I was not accusing you of this.
    You addressed me. Even quoted what I said previously. You can't fall back on the desperate "I was speaking in generalities" line.

    This is also a fallacy. Obviously murder is wrong, but it is not a crime that is exclusive to illegal immigrants, and there is no evidence that illegals account for a disproportionate amount of murders. This issue should be treated like a law enforcement one, not an immigration one. We need to examine the causes of crime, and illegal immigration is not one of them.
    How are you missing this? Do you not understand if we tighten laws and enforcement against illegals there would be less illegal immigrant criminals around to kill, steal, and commit other crimes?

    Now that is a fallacy. Pretending you can equate criminals who are already here with illegal criminals whom we can deport before their crimes get any more serious.

    It's not hard for me to understand. I simply reject the notion.
    Then you reject reality.

    I refuse to believe that anyone "should not" be here. Based on what do you believe that they should not be here?
    The law.

    Boy that is some ivory tower you've built for yourself. Not even an emergency exit built on it. You are completely willing to go down with the ship as it were.

    You spit on the laws of this nation with your false belief that we have no right to enforce illegal immigration law. It goes back to the fact you don't live down here and have no idea what it is like.

    Its easy to judge from afar, spit on the law of the country because it damages your warped version of morality but Phoenix did not become the kidnapping capital of North America because of peace loving hard working illegals.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-08-10 at 02:29 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #43
    Student Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-28-10 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    211

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    And that is why you are a liberal. Textbook.
    Out of context. Nice try.

    Yet you offer no evidence of this claim, no basis in Arizona police acting based on race against Hispanics yet you are completely comfortable making this kind of outlandish charge. Scary but predictable.
    This is irrelevant. You're knittpicking on a tiny thing that has nothing to with what I'm saying as a means of distraction.

    No you haven't or you wouldn't have made that ridiculous claim.
    If you're going to call me a liar than we're done here.

    And yet you still make the same false charge. Tell me, how do you make the same mistake twice?
    It's not false, as I said, after reading the law I presented quotes from it explaining my positions. I haven't made one mistake.

    LOL No. I pointed out a fact. You made a charge of racial profiling when the law expressly forbids it. That's no fallacy, that's reality.
    The law may forbid it in one section, but it simply outlines how it will be committed in another.

    You addressed me. Even quoted what I said previously. You can't fall back on the desperate "I was speaking in generalities" line.
    Actually, I was not addressing you. I said "let's not forget" as in LET US. That's everyone, not just you.

    How are you missing this? Do you not understand if we tighten laws and enforcement against illegals there would be less illegal immigrant criminals around to kill, steal, and commit other crimes? Now that is a fallacy. Pretending you can equate criminals who are already here with illegal criminals whom we can deport before their crimes get any more serious.
    It doesn't matter. You're portraying illegal immigrants as criminals (please don't say that they are simply by being here, I already know you think that. I mean guilty of crimes that citizens can commit). Crime will not diminish if you simply deport all the illegals (something which is never going to happen by the way so your point is meaningless), if you knew anything about law enforcement you would know that things like this cannot be discussed on an individual basis. You have to examine the causes of crime, which are the same for everyone in similar situations regardless of their legal status!



    The law.

    Boy that is some ivory tower you've built for yourself. Not even an emergency exit built on it. You are completely willing to go down with the ship as it were.

    You spit on the laws of this nation with your false belief that we have no right to enforce illegal immigration law. It goes back to the fact you don't live down here and have no idea what it is like.

    Its easy to judge from afar, spit on the law of the country because it damages your warped version of morality but Phoenix did not become the kidnapping capital of North America because of peace loving hard working illegals.
    Aaaaaaaaand there it is. I'm done with you. If you can't have respect for the person you are debating with then there is no point in any rational person debating you. You're clearly motivated by blind hatred, chiefly of liberals but it's also clear that you hold prejudiced (There, happy now Mr. I'm-PC-when-it's-convenient?) views of illegal immigrants.

    You're all the evidence I need that many on your side of the debate are motivated by prejudice, and I don't care to waste any more time on you. Feel free to respond in whatever incendiary way you like, I won't be reading it.

  4. #44
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Texmaster -- chill down. I agree with most of what you are saying, but you need to tone things down. Civility is a must. I disagree with Pal on this issue, yet we are talking with typical New England civility. I ask you to do the same. You do our side of the argument little credibility in the manner you are debating this issue.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #45
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,027

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    So Boston doesn't like what AZ passed as a law. Are we now going National on what is a State issue since the Feds have failed to protect the borders or enforce immigration laws?

    Explain to me how what Az has done affects Boston. Guess we now can call to boycott any State that passes a law another State/town does not like.

    Come live in AZ for some time. Then decide.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  6. #46
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Out of context. Nice try.
    Not out of context. Your direct quote and it explains a lot.

    This is irrelevant. You're knittpicking on a tiny thing that has nothing to with what I'm saying as a means of distraction.
    It is hardly irrelevant and it certainly isn't nitpicking. You can't go around making accusations of racism then get frustrated when you are challenged on them. Your claim was incendiary and outrageous without any factual backing. You need to learn to avoid such offensive mischaracterizations.

    If you're going to call me a liar than we're done here.
    Then explain yourself. If you are going to claim you have read the law and still accuse the law of allowing racial profiling even when it is expressly forbidden how do you arrive at that conclusion?

    It's not false, as I said, after reading the law I presented quotes from it explaining my positions. I haven't made one mistake.
    From the law:

    The attorney general or county attorney shall not investigate complaints that are based solely on race

    I ask you again how you can make that charge when it is forbidden in the law? Stop dancing around it and answer the question.

    The law may forbid it in one section, but it simply outlines how it will be committed in another.
    Then produce that section. I want to see the quote word for word.

    Actually, I was not addressing you. I said "let's not forget" as in LET US. That's everyone, not just you.
    So who were you talking to that have "forgotten" that these are people? Who has claimed they are not people?

    It doesn't matter. You're portraying illegal immigrants as criminals (please don't say that they are simply by being here, I already know you think that.
    Because its the law. Why are you so unable to admit they broke the law by coming here illegally?

    I mean guilty of crimes that citizens can commit). Crime will not diminish if you simply deport all the illegals (something which is never going to happen by the way so your point is meaningless), if you knew anything about law enforcement you would know that things like this cannot be discussed on an individual basis. You have to examine the causes of crime, which are the same for everyone in similar situations regardless of their legal status!
    Oh please for the love of GOD show me the crime statistics that prove your claim crime will not go down with less illegals.

    This is the kind of classic ignorance thats makes you so dangerous.

    As I said before, Phoenix is the kidnapping captial of north America and second in the entire world behind Mexico City. How do you explain that with regular crime produced by American citizens?

    Do you really think Arizona just woke up one day and said lets get rid of all the illegals without their being an overwhelming problem down here?

    Once again we separate perception from the northeast with reality in the southwest.

    Aaaaaaaaand there it is. I'm done with you. If you can't have respect for the person you are debating with then there is no point in any rational person debating you. You're clearly motivated by blind hatred, chiefly of liberals but it's also clear that you hold prejudiced (There, happy now Mr. I'm-PC-when-it's-convenient?) views of illegal immigrants.

    You're all the evidence I need that many on your side of the debate are motivated by prejudice, and I don't care to waste any more time on you. Feel free to respond in whatever incendiary way you like, I won't be reading it.
    However you want to justify your incredible lack of knowledge from the law to crime in the southwest and your inability to debate the points that is your choosing.

    But nothing is more offensive than someone who makes repeated false accusations on the bill followed by false accusations of racism then tops it off with a denial of crime committed by illegals.

    You want to stop debate? Fine. Your offensive false accusations about the bill, racism and crime were tiresome.

    You were looking for an out and you found one. But don't think for a second you can make outrageous false charges of racism and expect no one to be angry about it.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-08-10 at 12:52 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #47
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Texmaster -- chill down. I agree with most of what you are saying, but you need to tone things down. Civility is a must. I disagree with Pal on this issue, yet we are talking with typical New England civility. I ask you to do the same. You do our side of the argument little credibility in the manner you are debating this issue.
    Sometimes passion will take over when someone consistently uses the race card no matter how false the charge is to make. Perhaps its because I live down here and know exactly what is going on but the racism accusation is extremely offensive.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Liberals: Want everything for free as long as someone else pays for it.



    They can. And they reserve the right to be complete morons.

    And that includes the lying newspaper:

    , which requires police to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally

    Another lie by the liberal media. They fail to mention the police have to be engaged in a lawful action that has nothing to do with immigration before they can ascertain legal status.
    Another nice NON-ANSWER from textmaster. Can always count on you to say nothing or avoid addressing the point...

    If you support state and local power, then why even open your mouth... or why not have the balls to say, "I disagree with their reasons, but Boston can do business wherever they want..."

    How about showing some consistancy, some integrity... and not just foaming at the mouth with rage...

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Originally Posted by Pal

    It's not hard for me to understand. I simply reject the notion. I refuse to believe that anyone "should not" be here. Based on what do you believe that they should not be here?
    I bet if a ****load of illegals piled up in your neighborhood and started collecting welfare, you would be singing a different tune. But, since you live in the whitest state in the country, you seem to think that Arizona is wrong for passing this bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Boston councilors OK resolution to boycott Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Another nice NON-ANSWER from textmaster. Can always count on you to say nothing or avoid addressing the point...
    Up to your old lies I see huh hazlnut. Can't say I'm surprised.

    It isn't a non answer to point out what they left out of the article and the FACTS of the law.

    If you support state and local power, then why even open your mouth... or why not have the balls to say, "I disagree with their reasons, but Boston can do business wherever they want..."
    LOL ah Hazle. This is why you are one of my favorites.

    Question posed to me on page 1:

    Why shouldn't Boston be able to do what they want in this case?

    My answer: They can

    Thank you for once again displaying your inability to read.

    How about showing some consistancy, some integrity... and not just foaming at the mouth with rage...
    I can't top your consistency of failing to read carefully or making hysterical accusations you can't possibly support. You are the lord and master
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •