Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 590

Thread: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Since when has antagonizing minority students on the basis of race or nationality, a good thing to be occuring at public schools? Is it because they did it passively that you don't object?
    Since the ones that were wearing the American flag were the minority, your logic would mean the others should leave them alone and let them wear the American flag on their shirt.

  2. #62
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Anyone ever notice how 'proud' people are to be FROM Mexico.
    Similarly, I notice how some are so quick to look down on those who are proud to be Americans.

  3. #63
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    [I]
    Because America is an imperialistic international bully who stole land from Mexico and are a group of racist old white men who murder and rape brown people?
    Oh yes. I forgot. Slly me.

  4. #64
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    So I did a google search.

    I see here where MSNBC is reporting that the school administration is not supporting the principal, who obviously acted alone. I see where liberal blogs are decrying the action of the principal and calling for him to resign.

    And I see lots of conservative posts who are crying and wailing about how this was the work of evil liberals while not providing one shred of evidence to support their hysterics.

  5. #65
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    God damn friggin minorities. That's American soil. Go back to Mexico if wearing American coloured shirts offend you so much. (i feel like Nick Griffin lol)

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    If you want to celebrate a Mexican holiday, go to Mexico.

  7. #67
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Since when has antagonizing minority students on the basis of race or nationality, a good thing to be occuring at public schools?
    How is wearing an American flag among other Americans an antagonistc act?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    How is wearing an American flag among other Americans an antagonistc act?
    Because political correctness is a zero-sum game. Being proud of something means, by default, you insult something else. America has become a giant puss-ified version of itself where you have to watch what you say anywhere at any time to avoid the risk that you hurt some simp's feelings.

  9. #69
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    So I did a google search.

    I see here where MSNBC is reporting that the school administration is not supporting the principal, who obviously acted alone. I see where liberal blogs are decrying the action of the principal and calling for him to resign.

    And I see lots of conservative posts who are crying and wailing about how this was the work of evil liberals while not providing one shred of evidence to support their hysterics.
    I did a google search too and predictably found once again you have no clue what you are talking about

    Unless there is more to this story like the kids were being blatantly racist and in the face of the Mexican American students IMHO this was idiocy by the school administration.

    And another talking point for the RW and Tea Bag bunch to rail on.

    Oh definitely these kids were making a statement but I think best to just ignore them instead of fueling the fire. So now it is a national incident. Prepare to get inudated with hate email & phone calls Live Oak HS.


    Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees - Democratic Underground


    Where are all these fantasy liberal message boards decrying this principal?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Where are all these fantasy liberal message boards decrying this principal?
    Where are all these fantasy liberal boards that are agreeing with this principal?

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •