Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 581 to 590 of 590

Thread: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

  1. #581
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Lord God tell me you are kidding

    I second this motion.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #582
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    I think the sad part is that there is somehow nearly 60 pages of debate about this. I thought the OP pretty much hit the nail on the head here in post #1.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #583
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mango View Post
    I dont think we are getting the whole story. If all they were doing was wearing the American Flag, then I support them. However, if they used any racial slurs or threats, the principle was justified. That is NOT the way to honor the flag.



    two of em were half hispanic...


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #584
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-24-13 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    64

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    two of em were half hispanic...


    It is possible for half hispanics to be racist. I see it all the time. Withing the Mexican-American community we have a saying "no te ves el nopal en la frente?" which means "dont you see the cactus tatooed on your forehead?"
    Yes sir, it is very possible they said something racist. We need to get the whole story before any of us jump the gun.

    Not fail.

  5. #585
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mango View Post
    It is possible for half hispanics to be racist. I see it all the time. Withing the Mexican-American community we have a saying "no te ves el nopal en la frente?" which means "dont you see the cactus tatooed on your forehead?"
    Yes sir, it is very possible they said something racist. We need to get the whole story before any of us jump the gun.

    Not fail.

    Wait a minute here....Let's go back to the original story here shall we?


    Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

    "They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

    The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

    "They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.

    Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees | NBC Bay Area

    So let's see, no where does it say anything at all about the VP overhearing, being told that, or even suspecting that any racial slurs were used by the boys wearing the t-shirts, yet you say it is possible. Tell me, how do you reach that conclusion, apparently derived solely from your own imagination?

    Further in the story it reads:

    "I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."
    So, the Mexican student was offended not by anything said, but rather by the mere display of the American flag.....In America.....Yet, you start the absolute false, and laughable narrative that the boys must have used some racial slurs. Why?

    Then we have the actual school boards determination of the situation here:

    The district and the school do not see eye-to-eye on the incident and released the following statement:

    The district does not concur with the Live Oak High School administration's interpretation of either board or district policy related to these actions.

    So the School Board found that after all the evidence was presented by the school, that the boys in question did NOTHING wrong, and were reinstated to class.

    Yet, you want to further the narrative that a racial slur was uttered. Please, please explain how you possibly arrive at that conclusion.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #586
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    A whole lot of everything has been breathed into this topic, with very little actually pertaining to the situation at hand.

    The patriots probably agreed, after one boy got the idea, that wearing American flag clothes on May 5th would be funny (when I was that age everything was funny!) and they would get plenty of attention (age relevant ditto), because attention is everything to students. (They wouldn't have agreed to the attention part out loud).

    So, the vice-principal gets wind of them, perhaps attracted to a bunch of really noisy students, and tells them to wear the shirts inside out. They of course disagree because it's their right to wear the US flag shirts, so they get sent home for not obeying.

    This makes the news, then this board where it gets turned into a real topic of unsurmountable opposition from both sides. Not to mention beat to death. <oops>

    Kids are not even allowed anywhere near the same rights as adults. In school, what the administration says goes. Period. There was a thread here on the 5 year old that was sent home for not getting a haircut. All of you who said "just get a haircut" should be saying to these boys: "just change your shirt". You are punk kids. Wait until you are an adult to wear flag shirts on May 5th. Of course, no one will care then.
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 05-22-10 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  7. #587
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    So sad. So hypocritical. Silly flag code? Sounds like you don't have any respect for our flag at all. Another faux patriot. You probably think it's OK to burn it in protest.
    The Supreme Court of the United States does. I guess they're "faux patriots" too.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #588
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mango View Post
    It is possible for half hispanics to be racist. I see it all the time. Withing the Mexican-American community we have a saying "no te ves el nopal en la frente?" which means "dont you see the cactus tatooed on your forehead?"
    Yes sir, it is very possible they said something racist. We need to get the whole story before any of us jump the gun.

    Not fail.



    Can you show me where anyone was being "racist"?


    Seems the kids were simply sitting at a table.




    FAIL indeed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #589
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    The Supreme Court of the United States does. I guess they're "faux patriots" too.
    They didn't say it was OK they said it wasn't unconstitutional.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #590
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-24-13 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    64

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wait a minute here....Let's go back to the original story here shall we?





    So let's see, no where does it say anything at all about the VP overhearing, being told that, or even suspecting that any racial slurs were used by the boys wearing the t-shirts, yet you say it is possible. Tell me, how do you reach that conclusion, apparently derived solely from your own imagination?

    Further in the story it reads:



    So, the Mexican student was offended not by anything said, but rather by the mere display of the American flag.....In America.....Yet, you start the absolute false, and laughable narrative that the boys must have used some racial slurs. Why?

    Then we have the actual school boards determination of the situation here:




    So the School Board found that after all the evidence was presented by the school, that the boys in question did NOTHING wrong, and were reinstated to class.

    Yet, you want to further the narrative that a racial slur was uttered. Please, please explain how you possibly arrive at that conclusion.


    j-mac
    Again if all they did was express their national pride, I am on their side. After reading the story, they sound like great kids, although not all who wear red, white, and blue are good people.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •