Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 590

Thread: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

  1. #371
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I don't find wearing patriotic colors disruptive especially over a real mexican holiday.
    Fixed.

    Also, it doesn't really matter what you find disruptive, now does it? Are you a school administrator at the school in question? Is it your job to keep fights from breaking out in a high school? Do you even know what happened apart from reading a few news articles about this incident?

  2. #372
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Fixed.

    Also, it doesn't really matter what you find disruptive, now does it? Are you a school administrator at the school in question? Is it your job to keep fights from breaking out in a high school? Do you even know what happened apart from reading a few news articles about this incident?




    It's only "real" in the state of Puebla, and there is is a minor holiday. As one who has traveled extensivly throughout non tourist Mexico, and lived in places like New Mexico, I can assure you, it's Corona y limo day for de gringos day.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #373
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-24-13 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    64

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    I support the rights of the students who were sent home. However, I dont know what they did or said to merit being sent home.

    As for me, if a guy decked from head to toe in Old Glory threatened me or my family, I would most certainley kick his ass, no matter what he was wearing.

    The hate and ignorance from some righties on this thread is astounding. Do we need to boycott you too?

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    They are fools for taking a made up holiday and using it as thier st patricks day. Furthermore, on st pats, columbus day, or any other "ethnic" holiday, an American flag, is not considered offensive
    Again, you're playing stupid and trying to ignore the bigger picture context.

    Also -- waving an American Flag does NOT make those doing the waving pure. (see all photos of skinheads and KKK holding flags).

    The point it, we know what the boys were up to. YOU know what the boys where up to. Trying to make a statement about being American on a Mexican holiday. Trying to BAIT the other students into a conflict.



    They are the ones who have a problem with this country, and if they don't like it, they can leave, whether they are mexican, canadian, tavulan, irish, etc... Nothing to do with race, color of skin, or heritage. the fact you want to make it a racist thing speaks not to my bigotry.....
    Again with KKK/white pride crap. Where is that coming from? I never figured you for that type.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 05-16-10 at 11:09 PM.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The fact is that you are the one who is misinterpreting Flag Code, it is in eminently clear on the matter
    You are correct about one thing: it is clear on the matter. It is clear that wearing a flag pattern is not a breach of the code.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You are correct about one thing: it is clear on the matter. It is clear that wearing a flag pattern is not a breach of the code.
    Ok, jallman and redbeard, since you both seem to be so certain that Flag Code states so clearly that flag t-shirts are exempted from Flag Code, then please explain why things like lapel pins and patches are clearly governed by the Flag Code (4 USCS 8(j)), and yet, according to you, these are clearly not flags? Why is it that "it [the flag] should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use?" According to you, these sorts of articles aren't even flags, so they shouldn't even fall under the scope of this law!

    Why, if we follow your absurd reasoning to its conclusion, it is outright impossible to violate 4 USCS 8 (d), the proscription against wearing a flag as apparel, since, by your contorted logic, as soon as you start wearing it as apparel, it is no longer a flag! Why, it's just an image of a flag, you say, a pattern, and flag code doesn't govern images or patterns even if it says repeatedly that it does!

    Such nonsense would hardly be worthy of dignifying with an argument against it, were it not for the fact that this sort of disrespect for the flag occurs all the time, usually done innocently by people who don't know any better. But you two ought to be ashamed of yourselves, when confronted with the letter of the law, when having the plain meaning painstakingly explained to you, your response is to rationalize away this obscene behavior.

    At least have the guts to admit that you disagree with the Flag Code, instead of deluding yourself into thinking that you two have found some magic new interpretation of it that nobody else has ever understood before, that makes it ok to wear the flag on a t-shirt. Don't you think it's odd that you two are the only people who interpret the flag code in such a way? Get real, guys and cease this pathetic display of denial.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 05-17-10 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Edited to add some links.

  7. #377
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Again, you're playing stupid and trying to ignore the bigger picture context.

    Right. Fake mexican holiday, other kids wearing American flags "taunting".... What am I missing.

    The American flag, worn as these kids worn it, is not taunting. The actual taunting is taunting. They were sent home because of thier patriotic colors.....



    Also -- waving an American Flag does NOT make those doing the waving pure. (see all photos of skinheads and KKK holding flags).

    Do you think you sound intelligent constantly refering to those who fly the fag as nazis and KKK types?


    BTW, ignorant one, Most Skinheads, are not racist.



    The point it, we know what the boys were up to. YOU know what the boys where up to. Trying to make a statement about being American on a Mexican holiday. Trying to BAIT the other students into a conflict.

    THIS IS AMERICA JACK.... What is wrong with you? Seriously? this is freaking America, on no day, do we dip our flag to another. WE ARE AMERICANS ON THIS FAKE MEXICAN HOLIDAY....

    I can't make it any more simple for you.





    Again with KKK/white pride crap. Where is that coming from? I never figured you for that type.


    Where did I bring up being white once? Please stop lying.

    and hey bra, this is like the 3rd time you in a veiled way called me a racist. I'll tell you what. Either cut it out, or come down to my basement and see how far you get with that check your mouth keeps writing.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #378
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-24-13 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    64

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

    BTW, ignorant one, Most Skinheads, are not racist.
    Really????

  9. #379
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mango View Post
    Really????



    This origins of the skinhead movement started in the 60's it had a lot of jamacian immigrant roots to it. :
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Ok, jallman and redbeard, since you both seem to be so certain that Flag Code states so clearly that flag t-shirts are exempted from Flag Code, then please explain why things like lapel pins and patches are clearly governed by the Flag Code (4 USCS 8(j)), and yet, according to you, these are clearly not flags?
    See, this is where you are having a fundamental breakdown in your reading comprehension.

    A flag patch is clearly a flag as is a lapel pin. They are not patterns, they are not images...they are stand-alone, complete flags that go on UNIFORMS.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •