Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

  1. #41
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The muslims can suck a big fat donkey cock.
    Which is why we are giving away donkeys.
    If life gives you Melons you probably have dyslexia.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Maybe it was not the essential law that was absolutely needed, but the number of women wearing burqas is growing (there were none a few years ago, today they are around 250 in Brussels and in Liège) and there are good arguments to stop this process:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...post1058725123
    I think most of the people pushing for the burkha ban have never stopped to talk to a woman who wears a burkha, or tried to understand why they would wear one.

  3. #43
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I think most of the people pushing for the burkha ban have never stopped to talk to a woman who wears a burkha, or tried to understand why they would wear one.
    How would you know you were talking to a woman....?
    If life gives you Melons you probably have dyslexia.

  4. #44
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I think most of the people pushing for the burkha ban have never stopped to talk to a woman who wears a burkha, or tried to understand why they would wear one.
    I hope they understand why they wont be able to get a job looking like that and why others may not feel the need to pay for their welfare checks.

    I don't support a ban but you're right in the sense that I never talked to a woman who wears a burkha, and I probably never will. Never would I give them the false illusion of respect.
    Last edited by Djoop; 05-07-10 at 12:45 PM.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    I hope they understand why they wont be able to get a job looking like that and why others may not feel the need to pay for their welfare checks.

    I don't support a ban but you're right in the sense that I never talked to a woman who wears a burkha, and I probably never will. Never would I give them the false illusion of respect.
    When it comes to entering government offices that is a different story. In terms of just walking around in public, why would the government legislate away their right to wear what they want?

    You would automatically disrespect someone just because of how they choose to dress? You sound lower than they do.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin T. Grey View Post
    Common mistake. Fancy a camel? Low milage, hardly used, one previous very careful owner.......
    Don't tell me..... He only rode her on Sunday....

    Has nice humps, right?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    When it comes to entering government offices that is a different story. In terms of just walking around in public, why would the government legislate away their right to wear what they want?

    You would automatically disrespect someone just because of how they choose to dress? You sound lower than they do.

    Could it be about how easy it is to conceal a weapon or explosives under a Burka?

    Could it be how hard it is to identify someone in a Burka?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #48
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    When it comes to entering government offices that is a different story. In terms of just walking around in public, why would the government legislate away their right to wear what they want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    I don't support a ban
    What part of that was unclear?

    You would automatically disrespect someone just because of how they choose to dress? You sound lower than they do.
    Ow really, how low are they then? Hilarious!

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Could it be about how easy it is to conceal a weapon or explosives under a Burka?

    Could it be how hard it is to identify someone in a Burka?
    Yeah, because they would really strap a bomb to someone who is already drawing attention from every bigoted person in sight.

  10. #50
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Arab group threatens Belgium with terror attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    When it comes to entering government offices that is a different story. In terms of just walking around in public, why would the government legislate away their right to wear what they want?

    You would automatically disrespect someone just because of how they choose to dress? You sound lower than they do.
    Well there is also a "ban on walking naked", since being naked in a public space is also considered as shocking. Same for the burqa.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •