Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 199

Thread: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

  1. #71
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,729

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law - UPI.com

    Once again, the party of "small government" , the Repubs, continues its efforts to give gov't more and more intrusive powers, this time allowing them to stick their arrogant noses into women's health rights.
    Look, so far, this is all being done within the State of Oklahoma. However this all turns out, I have no problem with it, because the outcome will be a state decision. However, if the Federal government gets involved, one way or the other, then I do have a problem with it.

    So far, this is Oklahoma's decision, and I don't see intrusive Federal government at work here, but the majority of Oklahomans involved, since their judges are directly elected, as it should be. Call them arrogant if you want, but it is their decision, and not your business, nor my business, nor the business of the Federal government.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #72
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    My evidence is that her ruling was not just and logical.
    It wasn't a ruling, dude. It was a temporary order to facilitate a ruling.

    The ****ing Attorney General for the state - whose job it is to defend the law - AGREED with it!

    Stop embarassing yourself.

    I present my claim that she is legislating from the bench and using a cop out excuse to try and prevent the passage of the bill. Show me the evidence that shows she is genuinely thinking rationally and not legislating from the bench.
    Jesus, stop with the lame fallacies.

    I am guessing, it's called being sarchastic with numbers to make a point I wasn't making any kind of factual claim behind my number. My point is that she is most likely a pro-choice woman who wants to stall pro-life legislation.
    You're pulling stuff out of your ass is what you're doing.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,980

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It wasn't a ruling, dude. It was a temporary order to facilitate a ruling.

    The ****ing Attorney General for the state - whose job it is to defend the law - AGREED with it!

    Stop embarassing yourself.
    Well I disagree with both of them then. I know it wasn't a ruling, she chose to stall the legislation to hear arguments.

    Jesus, stop with the lame fallacies.
    What lame fallacies?

    You're pulling stuff out of your ass is what you're doing.
    I am presenting my opinion just like you are. I believe this is a sad attempt to stall and prevent pro-life legislation from passing because a pro-choice judge deems it necessary to have a hearing on it.

  4. #74
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Well I disagree with both of them then. I know it wasn't a ruling, she chose to stall the legislation to hear arguments.
    All parties agreed to this rulling, including the state Attorney General, who is defending the law.

    Is he stalling too?

    What lame fallacies?
    Where you keep demanding evidence that your claims are wrong instead of providing evidence that they are right.

    I am presenting my opinion just like you are. I believe this is a sad attempt to stall and prevent pro-life legislation from passing because a pro-choice judge deems it necessary to have a hearing on it.
    Hey, great, but your opinion is completely unsupported by the evidence.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #75
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I am completely against this court ruling, the law should have passed with no worries. Shame on that judge. Why not have an ultrasound procedure first? It would show a woman that her "clump of cells" if a living person and has a right to life. Abortion just needs to be completely outlawed already, there is no "woman's" right to murder a child in her womb. What about the right of the unborn child?
    Umm... no, it shows no such thing by any stretch of the imagination.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It was done in the name of ideology though. The court has decided to try and legislate and prevent a completely legal legislation from passing because it may change a woman's mind before she has an abortion.
    Wrong again.That's not why it was stalled and why it should be prevented from passing. It has nothing at all to do with "changing a woman's mind". It has to do with the government forcing a person to undergo a medical procedure.

    What about health reasons? Shouldn't the abortion "doctor" know the insides via ultrasound before he preforms his execution? One can argue that there are health reasons for allowing this and forcing it.
    If the doctor wants to do an ultrasound, nothing is stopping them. If they need to, nothing is stopping them. If the woman wants one, nothing is stopping them.

    By stopping this law, the only entity whose rights are being restricted is the government.

  6. #76
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    The eyes begin to develop early in the fourth week after conception.
    During this extremely critical week the esophagus, gallbladder, liver, lungs, pancreas, pharynx, stomach, and trachea also begin to form.
    And, toward the end of the week, the nose, tongue, and spleen also start to develop.

    At the average time when a woman is aware that she is pregnant
    (the fifth to sixth week after conception),
    the preborn human being living inside her is metabolizing nutrition, excreting waste, moving, sucking his or her thumb, growing, and doing many other things that non-living things just do not do.
    As early as 21 days after conception, the babyís heart has begun to beat his or her own unique blood-type, often different than the motherís.


    (Moore & Persaud, The Developing Human, p.310;
    Nilsson & Hamberger, A Child is Born, p.86; Rugh & Shettles,
    From Conception to Birth, p.217.)
    At 40 days after conception, brain waves can be read on an EEG, or an electroencephalogram.
    (Dr. H. Hamlin, Life or Death by EEG, JAMA, Oct.12, 1964, p.113.)
    A lot of pro abortionists - like me - don't weigh the development of the fetus in with our personal issues that, we deem, are more important than satisfying someone else's need to decide if we're going to have more kids. . . or the fetus' future.

    I already have kids and I know what it will demand of me to have more (physically, emotionally, mentally)

    While I don't mind people's efforts to make having an abortion more difficult (in part because I'm not affected by such things) I do mind people trying to force their beliefs on me when they don't understand the mindset behind my beliefs.

    If you don't understand why people feel the way they do and make the choice to abort - then you won't have much sway when you're confronting them.

    Eyes, hair, a coo and all that baby sweetness does NOT make being pregnant, birthing or otherwise raising a child some sort of easy street of blessings.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #77
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    What about health reasons? Shouldn't the abortion "doctor" know the insides via ultrasound before he preforms his execution?
    Do you get a colonoscopy before an enema?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law - UPI.com

    Once again, the party of "small government" , the Repubs, continues its efforts to give gov't more and more intrusive powers, this time allowing them to stick their arrogant noses into women's health rights.
    Actually, they're sticking their noses in the baby's health rights.

    It's decidedly unhealthy for babies when they're murdered by mommy.

    So stay focused on what's real.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law - UPI.com

    Once again, the party of "small government" , the Repubs, continues its efforts to give gov't more and more intrusive powers, this time allowing them to stick their arrogant noses into women's health rights.
    The law is stupid and pointless. I don't care either way.

  10. #80
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Do you get a colonoscopy before an enema?
    It's the only reasonable point, though.

    But I think that would be more an issue up to the Dr, yes?

    If Dr's in general preferred, for the ease of their practice, to do an ultrasound before an abortion I presume few people would complain? It's just the government dictating things that rubs people the wrong way.

    But welcome to government mandated health care measures. Now everything health care related will be dictated and determined necessary or unnecessary by everyone but you and your Dr.

    Oddly, still, I have no problem with it. Maybe I'm just foolish in my belief that anyone who WANTS an abortion won't be swayed by such things. If they are - then where's the harm?
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 05-05-10 at 03:19 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •