Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 199

Thread: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

  1. #171
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    BS. A baby is "viable" at the moment of conception, otherwise, there would never be conception at all. Also, a baby is "viable" as long as it implants into the wall of the uterus. If it wasn't "viable" then it would simply pass through the uterus into the vagina and out of the body, hence a spontaneous miscarriage, which is natural. OR, a baby isn't viable when it dies within the womb at any point during pregnancy, through natural means.

    The arguement for "viability" is an excuse arguement and a dumb one at that. If the baby wasn't viable, it would naturally cease to exist.
    Methinks you should look up the term 'viable' with regards to pregnancy.

  2. #172
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    BS. A baby is "viable" at the moment of conception, otherwise, there would never be conception at all. Also, a baby is "viable" as long as it implants into the wall of the uterus. If it wasn't "viable" then it would simply pass through the uterus into the vagina and out of the body, hence a spontaneous miscarriage, which is natural. OR, a baby isn't viable when it dies within the womb at any point during pregnancy, through natural means.

    The arguement for "viability" is an excuse arguement and a dumb one at that. If the baby wasn't viable, it would naturally cease to exist.
    Okay, now you've jumped off.

    "Viable" is a term meaning ability to survive outside the womb.

    The zygote is not a viable fetus; nor is an embryo.

    Were your argument accurate God would be the world's leading abortionist, since 25% or more of all pregnancies end in natural abortion. So, I'd hardly say a zygote is viable.

  3. #173
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Okay, now you've jumped off.

    "Viable" is a term meaning ability to survive outside the womb.

    The zygote is not a viable fetus; nor is an embryo.

    Were your argument accurate God would be the world's leading abortionist, since 25% or more of all pregnancies end in natural abortion. So, I'd hardly say a zygote is viable.
    To be fair, Old Testament God was kindof a dick but He has mellowed out with age.

    I'm still waiting for someone to support the idea that abortion clinics are a secret attempt to exterminate black people with some sort of evidence.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #174
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    To be fair, Old Testament God was kindof a dick but He has mellowed out with age.

    I'm still waiting for someone to support the idea that abortion clinics are a secret attempt to exterminate black people with some sort of evidence.
    You mean you don't see all the billboards all over the place with sad, pregnant black women going into a clinic and happy, smiling, no-longer-pregnant black women coming out? Haven't you seen all of their abortion marketing campaigns? I mean, they're like... all over the place. Telling black women how they should have abortions and all, even if they want their children. Lying to those poor, ignorant women about heartbeats and some such. Corralling them into their clinics and then harassing them until they kill their children!!!!!

    And didn't you know that without the massive THREE WHOLE PERCENT of their income that PP makes from abortions, they would just go under. I mean, three whole percent man. That's like their whole profit and everything. They would totally go bankrupt without that 3 percent they make from abortions.

    And didn't you know that PP is the ONLY place in the country you can get abortions? So anything THEY do is indicative of abortion everywhere!! If they are bad, then abortion is bad. Because they're one and the same. (especially since 'majority' THREE PERCENT of their profits come from abortions)

  5. #175
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You mean you don't see all the billboards all over the place with sad, pregnant black women going into a clinic and happy, smiling, no-longer-pregnant black women coming out? Haven't you seen all of their abortion marketing campaigns? I mean, they're like... all over the place. Telling black women how they should have abortions and all, even if they want their children. Lying to those poor, ignorant women about heartbeats and some such. Corralling them into their clinics and then harassing them until they kill their children!!!!!

    And didn't you know that without the massive THREE WHOLE PERCENT of their income that PP makes from abortions, they would just go under. I mean, three whole percent man. That's like their whole profit and everything. They would totally go bankrupt without that 3 percent they make from abortions.

    And didn't you know that PP is the ONLY place in the country you can get abortions? So anything THEY do is indicative of abortion everywhere!! If they are bad, then abortion is bad. Because they're one and the same. (especially since 'majority' THREE PERCENT of their profits come from abortions)
    My God. The conspiracy is bigger than I thought. Three percent bigger, to be exact.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Founder's views are irrelevant.
    It was on their views that the organization was established. They are relevant because they are the foundation and backbone of why the organization operates.
    They should accept donations from anyone who will donate. Racist or not. Racist's money spends just as good as non-racists.
    Why though? The man was donating with the intent of specifically wanting to kill black babies. Money is money regardless of who holds it, but should they accept donations from a blatant racist that wants to use Planned Parenthood to further his racist agenda through black abortions?
    They put clinics in neighborhoods that need them, which are poorer neighborhoods, which are often minority neighborhoods.
    Why not in the suburbs though? As stated before, 60% of abortions are roughly white women. They are still the majority. One can argue that the black abortion rate is higher because they target those areas. Do you think it would be different if they weren't in black neighborhoods and were primarily located in white ones or in the suburbs?
    How can they "go out of their way" to ensure and promote abortions for black women? Tell me how they market this service to black women. Show me their racist marketing campaign. Hell, show me ANY abortion marketing campaign. I'll just wait over there while you spin your wheels.
    They market it by being in the black neighborhoods. They aren't going to be openly racist about marketing campaigns, but they target black women through the location that they chose to put their clinic in. The fact is that the organization had no opposition to accepting money from a blatant racist, they were founded by a racist eugenicist, and they even agreed with the racist on the phone saying it was "understandable" to want to kill black babies.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    BS. A baby is "viable" at the moment of conception, otherwise, there would never be conception at all.
    Both your high school Health and Biology teachers need to be fired immediately...

    Just so you know, if you were to remove a fertilized egg, it will not grow into a baby... Even if you water it and love it.



    If the baby wasn't viable, it would naturally cease to exist.
    Sorry, Doctor Knownothin', viable means it can survive outside the mother's body.

  8. #178
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It was on their views that the organization was established. They are relevant because they are the foundation and backbone of why the organization operates.
    Umm... no. The irrelevant founder's views are not the backbone of why the organization operates.

    Why though? The man was donating with the intent of specifically wanting to kill black babies. Money is money regardless of who holds it, but should they accept donations from a blatant racist that wants to use Planned Parenthood to further his racist agenda through black abortions?
    Why not? Money is money. Spends the same.

    Why not in the suburbs though? As stated before, 60% of abortions are roughly white women. They are still the majority. One can argue that the black abortion rate is higher because they target those areas. Do you think it would be different if they weren't in black neighborhoods and were primarily located in white ones or in the suburbs?
    Suburbs aren't where low cost clinics are needed.

    They market it by being in the black neighborhoods. They aren't going to be openly racist about marketing campaigns, but they target black women through the location that they chose to put their clinic in. The fact is that the organization had no opposition to accepting money from a blatant racist, they were founded by a racist eugenicist, and they even agreed with the racist on the phone saying it was "understandable" to want to kill black babies.
    They agreed with the 'racist' so they could get their money. If I needed money for my organization, I'd agree with whatever the **** a donator said in order to get their money too.

    Abortion services comprise only 3% of the services they provide. Do you understand that at all? They do so much more than abortions, abortions are a tiny, tiny percentage. So, in those minority neighborhoods, 97% of what they are doing is giving low cost birth control, gynecology services, and pre-natal care. Do you have a problem providing low cost care to minorities or something? Your insistence that they shouldn't be operating where they do seems to indicate you do.

    Why do you not want minorities to have access to low cost birth control, gynecology care, std testing, pre-natal care, and general healthcare?

  9. #179
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    117

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    WRONG!!!!!

    It was a bad law created by a group of reglious zealots who cannot understand their religion has no place on the Senate floor.

    That law is a direct violation of federal precedent. The republican party needs to be told to keep their religious beliefs out of politics or they need to be permenantly barred from holding office.
    You don't have to be religious to think that murder is wrong. Or to believe that abortion is murder.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Judge stops Oklahoma abortion law

    Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    You don't have to be religious to think that murder is wrong. Or to believe that abortion is murder.
    For the latter, yes, you do have to resign yourself to allowing other people think for you...

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •