Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 166

Thread: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Again, lovely strawman you are building.....
    What straw man? I'm just saying the tea party is not perfect. Sheesh get a grip.

  2. #82
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Ya sure thing. I swear the lengths some people are willing to go to defend lunatic theists never ceases to amaze me.
    A man has been arrested in Karachi in connection with the investigation of the Times Square bombing attempt, Pakistani intelligence sources told Fox News.

    FOXNews.com - Man Arrested in Karachi in Connection With Times Square Bombing Attempt

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What straw man? I'm just saying the tea party is not perfect. Sheesh get a grip.
    Yes, you're saying that.

    So is everyone else.

    So you're arguing against something that no one said, but acting like someone did, which is what a strawman is.

  4. #84
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What straw man? I'm just saying the tea party is not perfect. Sheesh get a grip.




    no you were suggesting I thought they were all perfect.


    Then you attacked that argument.


    Its a strawman, a lovely one at that....



    I have a grip, a great one at that.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, you're saying that.

    So is everyone else.

    So you're arguing against something that no one said, but acting like someone did, which is what a strawman is.
    The rev is against suspecting the tea party. In this current climate it would be on my top 5 list to question tied with idiot kids of middle eastern descent.
    Last edited by winston53660; 05-04-10 at 12:44 PM.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    no you were suggesting I thought they were all perfect.


    Then you attacked that argument.


    Its a strawman, a lovely one at that....



    I have a grip, a great one at that.

    So Bloomberg suspecting a nut wad tea partier is a perfectly legit.

  7. #87
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So Bloomberg suspecting a nut wad tea partier is a perfectly legit.




    About as "legits" as suggesting one of those "black people" did it....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The rev is against suspecting the tea party. In this current climate it would be on my top 5 list to question tied with idiot kids of middle eastern descent.
    Thinking it was stupid for Bloomberg to suspect "The Tea Party" in this instance is not equating them to being pure as the wind driven snow.

    Here, I'll say it again.

    No, the Tea Party are not clean as the wind driven snow. There are likely fringe idiots in there that may very well be capable of violence

    Yes, its ****ing absurd to suggest that this was Tea Party motivated or backed. Especially as your main example, ala Bloomberg. The Tea Party as a movement does not have a history of Terrorism. The Tea Party rhetoric, if taken to an extreme enough point as to cause physical violence, would most likely lead to attacks on government locations and establishments not the middle of new york city.

    This was a bomb in the middle of New York City. It would be as likely, if not more likely, to say it was "ELF" doing it as it would be the Tea Party. Motivation would both would be a significant reach but at least ELF has a history of it.

    If this was "Car Bomb found outside NY Senators Office" was the title then you know what, I would have no issue with someone suggesting perhaps that it was someone that was part of the Tea Party movement (I would have issue with someone suggesting the Tea Party movement spurred him to do it). Then at least there would be a reasonable, logical reason why to believe that.

    There is zero legitimate reason here to assume that a movement that on a whole has no historic ties to terrorism would plant a bomb in a random location in New York.

  9. #89
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The rev is against suspecting the tea party.
    I am?



    Actually I am against wild speculations from the cities statist mayor based on zero evidence.



    In this current climate it would be on my top 5 list to question tied with idiot kids of middle eastern descent.



    Perhaps it was a mexican?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #90
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    It saddens me to see how often people will jump to say it was the other side who did it. Either from Mayor Bloomberg's comments which so far has very little evidence that I have found to support it. Or claims he is a Muslim jihadist even though he is just a suspect. From my understanding they are also interested in two other people that were seen by or leaving the car. Granted I maybe a bit behind because most of my time has been dedicated towards finals. But like some others have said I am withholding my judgement until a more complete investigation is done.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •