Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 166

Thread: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    There's a difference between going "I personally believe that this was islamic jihad" and "I think the cops are just trying to spare the muslims feelings by not saying Islamic Jihad".

    No, the cops shouldn't "pull their head out of their ass" to paraphrase you (which is a very poor way to term it) on this for a public statement. Why? Because police officers should not be presenting ASSUMPTIONS as FACT and calling it Islamic Terrorism at this time when they're not sure of it is an ASSUMPTION.

    Our police and investigative individuals should not be putting assumptions out as fact to the public because it causes information errors and creates significant issues if the assumption ends up turning out to be false.

    Police, when speaking to the public, should stick to the facts and only the facts.

    While I disagree with people jumping to conclussions and immedietely calling this Islamic Extremism, I have no problem really with them doing it. However I do have a problem with them suggesting that the cops or even the administration is weak for doing intelligent, reasonable, adult police and investigative work and communication. Those in charge of our security should not be making statements of fact based off nothing but loose assumption.
    That was the entire point of my post. I earlier posted that I strongly suspect that this act was committed by homegrown ISLAMIC terrorists, and that like ALF, they are using a leaderless resistance concept where the locals share common ideology but have their own organizational structure (cell) completely separate from the international organization.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058725453 Note the date and time stamp.

    However, it is not law enforcement's role to share this information UNTIL THEY HAVE MADE A FIRM DETERMINATION OF THE MOTIVES AND PEOPLE INVOLVED, IN CONSULTATION WITH PROSECUTORS.



    You mistakenly interpreted my comments as being Islamist sympathizing, when in reality, I was criticizing the fact that several posters on this thread were criticizing law enforcement and the media for not acting irresponsibly and unprofessionally.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-04-10 at 11:05 AM.

  2. #42
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Ya sure thing. I swear the lengths some people are willing to go to defend lunatic theists never ceases to amaze me.
    and truth be damned while they are at it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #43
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    The single most important thing is that he isn't a very good terrorist, regardless of what kind of terrorist he is.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    The single most important thing is that he isn't a very good terrorist, regardless of what kind of terrorist he is.
    And thank heavens for that.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    and truth be damned while they are at it.
    Who, in your estimation, is defending lunatic theists and covering up "the truth" on this thread, exactly? I'd really like to hear this.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I think that you better read the posts before you make such a false accusation again. I unlike some people am intelligent and once I was aware that there is a perverted meaning to the term "teabaggers" I put a moritorium on it. Wouldn't it be nice if we had intelligent people on the other side who learned what Socialism really is and how to use the term ?

    So instead of making false accusations why don't you go and find yourself a recent post where I used the term teabaggers without quotes!!! HAVE FUN!!
    When did your moratorium start.. 10 minutes ago ??? You actually think putting quotes around the term makes it OK??

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr
    HAZ, Were your 'teabaggers' wearing shirts from this company ?

    Bagger T-shirts - CafePressBagger T-shirts

    I am confused now. I though that the term 'teabagger' was "offensive to TP 'S but look atT his : There is a company that sells Bagger T-shirts

    Bagger Women's Dark T-Shirt $24 and on same page Tea Party 2010
    White T-Shirt $22$15
    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr
    Hey Prof !! I thought that you Republicans did not call those who travel on LIPTON Lane "teabagger " ? Isn't that supposed to be some form of sexual perversion ?

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Moderator's Warning:
    American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb PlotThe thread is not about the term "Tea baggers". Take it to another thread

  8. #48
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who, in your estimation, is defending lunatic theists and covering up "the truth" on this thread, exactly? I'd really like to hear this.
    Why, you thanked one of them who reacted to the news piece with innuendo that people were motivated by hatred of Muslims.

    Is the man in question not Muslim? Did he not go to Pakistan? Is Pakistan not a foreign country?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    However, it is not law enforcement's role to share this information UNTIL THEY HAVE MADE A FIRM DETERMINATION OF THE MOTIVES AND PEOPLE INVOLVED, IN CONSULTATION WITH PROSECUTORS.
    I agree 100% with this.

    My issue, not specifically with you but in general, is people seem far more likely to try and push the "don't jump to conclussions" suggestion in a stronger way when its being aimed at people suggesting someone is an islamic terrorist than when someone is suggested as being an christian extremist or KKK member or whatever else. It seems much more acceptable to openly talk about and discuss assumptions when the assumption isn't Islamic.

    When it comes to law enforcement, I absolutely agree. They shouldn't say anything that isn't defintive fact, and I'd go one step further and say they shouldn't say initially more than is absolutely necessary not to cause excessive panic.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: American Who Recently Visited Pakistan Eyed in Times Square Bomb Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Why, you thanked one of them who reacted to the news piece with innuendo that people were motivated by hatred of Muslims.
    Some of them quite clearly are. They automatically assume that there is no possible alternative motivation for this individual than his religion.

    I am never going to leap to that sort of conclusion without evidence from the law enforcement agencies investigating the case, nor am I going to call out the law enforcement agencies to "get their heads out of their asses" when to this point, the law enforcement agencies involved in this case have served us all swiftly, professionally, and well.

    Was this case related to Islam? Possibly. That would be my first guess. But I understand completely why law enforcement hasn't phrased it like that. They are not going to call him an Islamic terrorist until they've established his motive for this crime. As unprofessionally as the bomb was assembled, the guy could very well be mentally ill.

    Is the man in question not Muslim? Did he not go to Pakistan? Is Pakistan not a foreign country?
    Is every muslim a terrorist? Is every Pakistani a terrorist? Is every foreigner a terrorist?

    I don't like religion. I personally find fundamentalists of all types distasteful, and as I've shared numerous times on this board, I find the fundamentalist islamics the most distasteful of all.

    However, law enforcement involved in this case has a professional obligation to handle information related to the case responsibly.

    Those who want to rush to judgement without evidence are idiots.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •