Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So you follow everything in Leviticus?
    Only the parts he agrees with. I bet he's wearing a cotton polyester blend right now. Anathema!!!!

  2. #62
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Fascism is here again, lalalallala lalala

    Oh well, I won't complain until the death camps aimed at Christians start up, which I would estimate are about 20 years away.

    The "Digg" userbase is growing up, and their views are now mainstream and usually consist of violence and repression of those they disagree with. Scary stuff.

    Say what you will about Christians, non-Christians scare me more, simply for the fact that "nothing matters" and "the ends justify the means" type of rationale.
    Last edited by SingleCellOrganism; 05-03-10 at 06:02 PM.

  3. #63
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Where's Cumbria? Is that UK?
    I thought it sounded Italianish!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #64
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yep. That's what the google told me. North West England.The Google is wise.
    Don't care what hat Google Guy says, it still sounds Italianish to me.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So you follow everything in Leviticus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Only the parts he agrees with. I bet he's wearing a cotton polyester blend right now. Anathema!!!!
    Here we go again...quote Scripture and suddenly people start pursecuting...

    No, I don't believe everything I read in Scripture because some of it no longer applies to modern day man, but my point wasn't whether or not what the preacher said was wrong or whether or not you read the Bible or believe everything in it. My point was a much broader search for the truth as it applies to why the preacher was arrested.

    Reading the article, it's obvious the man was being persecuted for merely speaking out. I doubt if the volume of his speech was as impactful as what he said. Nonetheless, I'm sure neither the venue he spoke from nor the tenor of his voice got him in as much trouble with the law as did the message he was trying to convey.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 05-03-10 at 06:19 PM.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Say what you will about Christians, non-Christians scare me more, simply for the fact that "nothing matters" and "the ends justify the means" type of rationale.
    We'll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Here we go again...quote Scripture and suddenly people start pursecuting....
    YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PERSECUTED. You've had your say, and others have had theirs. That's called free speech.

    Here is what persecution looks like:





    Try to choke back your tears of suffering now, and carry on.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-03-10 at 06:23 PM.

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I mean that because there was a direct correlation between the jerk running his mouth and the officer arresting him, it doesn't technically qualify as insanity.
    He was having a conversation with a woman about religion, which she willingly engaged in with him. You have an odd notion about what constitutes "jerk running his mouth".


    People often quote parts of the bible that conveniently reflect their own views. I've met plenty of religious people who don't see anything at all in the bible about homosexuality being a sin. But if you want to see it then for sure you're gonna find it.
    Sigh. Do we really have to go over this again? There's a thread on DP where The Baron and I both covered numerous verses of scripture defining homosexuality as a sin, even parsing the original Greek in the NT.

    You can like it or not like it, accept it or ignore it, but it is in there: Biblically, homosexual activity is a sin. Period.






    You say that like there is a rational fear of gays. What if that means that the fear itself is irrational?
    I meant what I said. Phobias refer to irrational fears, or understandable fears taken to irrational lengths. Homophobia is a much-misused term, used to tar anyone who has the slightest reservations about any gay agenda item.

    Believing that the Bible classifies homosexuality as a sin has nothing to do with homophobia, it has to do with being a Bible-believing Christian. There is no reason that fear has to enter into it.



    Yes...it does. Conveniently dressing something up as an affront to God instead of to one's self is lazy, immature and unconvincing.
    No sir. The Bible is quite clear on the matter, that homosexual activity, among other things, is a sin in God's sight. I didn't write the Book, take it up with the Author.
    NT:
    Romans 1:26-27
    1 Corinthians 6:9
    2 Peter 2:2-6
    Jude 1:7-8

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #69
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Say what you will about Christians, non-Christians scare me more, simply for the fact that "nothing matters" and "the ends justify the means" type of rationale.
    Yeah, cause "nothing matters" to non-christians. We just live in a bubble devoid of emotion, empathy, or compassion. I can't even believe that any of us actually muster up the will to get out of bed in the morning.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    See! Now, there U go again prejudging.

    I'm on the preacher's side. And if you had bothered to read my post on the matter you'd know that. And who said that in order for one to be persecuted they had to be put to death in the process? Slaves were also persecuted, and whipped, nad their civil rights violated, but many lived to tell about it including those who were beaten.

    My point concerning the preacher is simply this: His voice was silenced not because he broke the law, but because of the content of the message he spoke of.

    Now, if you want to agrue free speech, you should be siding w/the preacher not with the local authority who arrested him on a BS public noise ordinance charge that was more in affect to reel in rowdy crowds at local high school football games than for people of God trying to preach their message on peace, love and harmony in a public venue where apparently they had a right to speak under the law.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •