Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #411
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post

    You just proved my point and you aren't even aware of it.
    Yeah. Make sure that tail is tucked nice and tight as you run...


  2. #412
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yeah. Make sure that tail is tucked nice and tight as you run...

    Can't exactly run away from nothing.

  3. #413
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Can't exactly run away from nothing.
    Then why are you running so hard and fast?

    As I said, the probelem YOU have here is that you find yourself wanting to discuss an argument I didn't make and then expect me to defend that argument.

    One you admit that, at least to yourself, you can move on.

  4. #414
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Then why are you running so hard and fast?

    As I said, the probelem YOU have here is that you find yourself wanting to discuss an argument I didn't make and then expect me to defend that argument.

    One you admit that, at least to yourself, you can move on.
    Okay, I confess that I cannot prove or disprove that there are tenets to Christianity, that would define people as Christian. And furthermore I confess I cannot prove or disprove what these tenets are or how they best adhered to. And I confess that I cannot prove or dispove whether Christianity is in fact true. And I confess I cannot prove or disprove that there is a God.

    But I can prove one thing.

    Neither can you.

    HENCE WHY YOU LOST AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT.

  5. #415
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Okay, I confess that I cannot prove or disprove that there are tenets to Christianity, that would define people as Christian. And furthermore I confess I cannot prove or disprove what these tenets are or how they best adhered to. And I confess that I cannot prove or dispove whether Christianity is in fact true. And I confess I cannot prove or disprove that there is a God.
    Good for you!
    Now, if you would have put more critical thought into your posts, you would have realized this a long time ago and not wasted so much of my time.
    But I can prove one thing.
    Neither can you.
    A little MORE critical thought on your part and you would have realized that as I haven't made any claim to that effect, your statement here is utterly meaningless.

    -MY- argument remains sound.

  6. #416
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Good for you!
    Now, if you would have put more critical thought into your posts, you would have realized this a long time ago and not wasted so much of my time.

    A little MORE critical thought on your part and you would have realized that as I haven't made any claim to that effect, your statement here is utterly meaningless.

    -MY- argument remains sound.
    Yes, your argument is that you cannot prove or disprove anything about Christianity, only a hypothetical that if there are tenets to Christianity, then people would have to adhere to them to be considered Christians. What a wonderfully irrelevant argument. I'm sure you are real proud.

  7. #417
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yes, your argument is that you cannot prove or disprove anything about Christianit....
    No, its not. Pay more attention.

    only a hypothetical that if there are tenets to Christianity, then people would have to adhere to them to be considered Christians
    That's not a hypothetical -- that's a statement of fact.

    What a wonderfully irrelevant argument.
    As noted before, how to determine if a particular belief is nor is not "Christian" is completely relevant to the issue.

    I'm sure you are real proud.
    Well, no -- illustrating the error of your ways is not much of a challenge, and so do so as well as I have really isnt much to be proud of.

    If you exercised some critical thought, it might be different.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your question does not address -my- point, and so there is no reason for me to answer it. Perhaos you should try to figure out what my point is -- it shoud be very easy as I have been very clear.
    Do you believe that gay/lesbians can BE Christians?

  9. #419
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, its not. Pay more attention.


    That's not a hypothetical -- that's a statement of fact.


    As noted before, how to determine if a particular belief is nor is not "Christian" is completely relevant to the issue.


    Well, no -- illustrating the error of your ways is not much of a challenge, and so do so as well as I have really isnt much to be proud of.

    If you exercised some critical thought, it might be different.
    Yawn.

    Yes. You can construct a syllogism.

    Good boy. We are all very impressed.

    Now unless you have an actual relevant argument to make...like what you believe the tenets of Christianity are, or why homosexuality relates to those tenets, then I think you should just be happy with your accomplishment today of using 4th grade logic.

  10. #420
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You should be free to do it anywhere on the globe.

    It's what we call a "human right", a product of universal morality.

    While the moral relativist must concede that stoning women for being raped is acceptable if that's what that society wants, the moral universalist understands that there is a basic human decency which all humans should be held to, that rape is always wrong and so is oppressing free speech and ideas.

    It doesn't matter what country this story is in, in fact if we were 200 years in the future it wouldn't matter if this story were taking place on a space station, martian settlement or whatever. Free speech is a basic human right and it should be defended to the death.
    PFFT. Of course, a temporary arrest is the same as being stoned to death for being raped.

    I've already said that it's not right, but you people trying to pretend that it's going to happen any day now here in America are just lying for your own political satisfaction.

    I simply make the point that it's not an American story (as many on this thread seem to believe) - and now I'm a "moral relativist".

    It's wrong, sure. But to compare it to women being raped and murdered only shows YOUR moral relativism.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •