Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #391
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There's no equivocation here at all -- you have been apparently trying to argue that there is just one single tenet of Christianity and then argue that, regardless of anything else, if you follow that one tenet, you are a Christian.. Its up to you to prove your 'one tenet' claim for that argument to be sound.



    Already changing your claim. How droll.
    How many more times do you plan to do that?


    Great. Prove this to be true.
    How wonderful. You are no better than the two year old who asks endless "Whys" simply to annoy his parents. You could care less what I have to argue, you only wish to be a nuisance. Since you have nothing to contribute, I end our discussion here.

  2. #392
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Feel free to list ALL of the tenets for us. I was only aware of one.
    Interesting. See the recent post from Critical Thought who argues there are two tenets.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Interesting. See the recent post from Critical Thought who argues there are two tenets.
    So, is belief that homosexuality is a sin a requirement for salvation?

  4. #394
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    How wonderful. You are no better than the two year old who asks endless "Whys" simply to annoy his parents.
    It's not MY fault that you cannot prove your position, a position that you tried to argue for some time (and then suddenly.changed).

    Perhaps you should try to put more "critical thought" in your claims before you make them and your positions before you take them - perhaps then you would not find yourself in this situation where you cannot show that your argument is sound.

    Also, see the recent post from Catz Part Deux and tell us how he is wrong.

    And in any event, -my- original point remains:
    If you follow the tenets of Christianty, you are are Christian; if you do not, you are not.

  5. #395
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, is belief that homosexuality is a sin a requirement for salvation?
    You need to ask someone that has argued the specifics of the tenets of Christianity.

    But, to the point -I- made, If that is one of the basic tenets, and you do not hold that belief, you, necessarily, are not a Christian.

  6. #396
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It's not MY fault that you cannot prove your position, a position that you tried to argue for some time (and then suddenly.changed).

    Perhaps you should try to put more "critical thought" in your claims before you make them and your positions before you take them - perhaps then you would not find yourself in this situation where you cannot show that your argument is sound.

    Also, see the recent post from Catz Part Deux and tell us how he is wrong.

    And in any event, -my- original point remains:
    If you follow the tenets of Christianty, you are are Christian; if you do not, you are not.
    You can't prove a subjective belief. You can't prove that there is a God. You can't prove that Christianity is correct. You can't prove that the Bible is an accurate account of events. You can't prove any of that.

    So you want Critical Thought. You have no more right to condemn someone for their beliefs than they have to condemn you for yours.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You need to ask someone that has argued the specifics of the tenets of Christianity.

    But, to the point -I- made, If that is one of the basic tenets, and you do not hold that belief, you, necessarily, are not a Christian.
    Is that one of the tenets of Christianity? Answer the question. It should be easy, it's a 50/50 chance of being right.

  8. #398
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Is that one of the tenets of Christianity? Answer the question. It should be easy, it's a 50/50 chance of being right.
    He won't answer. He is simply being evasive so that he doesn't have to make an argument. This kind of equivocation isn't worth bothering with.

  9. #399
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Is that one of the tenets of Christianity? Answer the question.
    Your question does not address -my- point, and so there is no reason for me to answer it. Perhaos you should try to figure out what my point is -- it shoud be very easy as I have been very clear.

  10. #400
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    He won't answer. He is simply being evasive so that he doesn't have to make an argument.
    You haven't been paying attention -- I very clearly made an argument.

    You, on the other hand, ran away from trying to support yours.

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •