Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #31
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Where's Cumbria? Is that UK?
    Man, do I have a thousand punch lines for that one or what?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #32
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I guess that would depend on whether all participating parties were of adult age and able to consent. And even then I might disapprove but still take the position that it's not my right to bring about litigation to ban that "lifestyle."
    Lets take your stance on "Adult age" Why do you have it? You can't claim because a law because there are laws against gay marriage right now so that can't be the reason. If its adult age the same applies. The age of adult is again no different since it is a law that dictates it.

    So I ask again, why does this particular alternative lifestyle bring such passion for you?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #33
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why? There is no logical reason that because I support gay rights, I should support all rights for all groups.
    As long as you are comfortable at being just as hypocritical as the people you claim are against gay marriage for their own reasons there isn't a problem at all. Your line in the sand is merely at another place but it is still a line you draw.

    Its those pro gay marriage people that put themselves on a pedestal claiming its a "right" or go for the bigot charge that I question.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-03-10 at 12:59 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    As long as you are comfortable at being just as hypocritical as the people you claim are against gay marriage for their own reasons there isn't a problem at all. Your line in the sand is merely at another place but it is still a line you draw.

    Its those pro gay marriage people that put themselves on a pedestal claiming its a "right" or go for the bigot charge that I question.
    There is no hypocrisy in being for one thing, and against another. That is just spin. Maybe you are confused, buy being gay is not the same thing as being a polygamist, or whatever other example you want to bring up. That difference is the key thing. It's why it's not hypocrisy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    As long as you are comfortable at being just as hypocritical as the people you claim are against gay marriage for their own reasons there isn't a problem at all. Your line in the sand is merely at another place but it is still a line you draw.

    Its those pro gay marriage people that put themselves on a pedestal claiming its a "right" or go for the bigot charge that I question.
    That's just flat out ridiculous. It is the responsibility of the group in question to address their groups concerns. Did blacks focus on the rights of women or Jews? Did women focus on the rights of Hispanics? GAY rights activists are just that... activists for GAY rights. Polygamous groups have their own activists.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    This fanaticism for gay "rights" makes no sense to me. Why do you fight so hard for this particular alternative lifestyle? Why not Polygamists or other alternative lifestyles? What makes this one so special that you want to force everyone else to accept it without any basis in genetics or any other natural cause for it?
    There isn't a fanatacism for gay rights in England, but gays/lesbians are protected from hate speech, just like other minority populations, by their laws. I personally do not agree with the concept of hate speech, hate crimes, etc., but Euros see things very differently than we do in that regard.

    Insofar as polygamy, I lived in Utah for 10 years. There are tens of thousands of polygamists in Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and elsewhere. I have zero problems with legalizing polygamy, as long as polygamists adhere to other laws.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Dale McAlpine was charged with causing “harassment, alarm or distress” after a homosexual police community support officer (PCSO) overheard him reciting a number of “sins” referred to in the Bible, including blasphemy, drunkenness and same sex relationships.

    The 42-year-old Baptist, who has preached Christianity in Wokington, Cumbria for years, said he did not mention homosexuality while delivering a sermon from the top of a stepladder, but admitted telling a passing shopper that he believed it went against the word of God.

    Police officers are alleging that he made the remark in a voice loud enough to be overheard by others and have charged him with using abusive or insulting language, contrary to the Public Order Act.


    Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin - Telegraph


    Wow. Welcome to politically correct fascism, can I take your order?
    That cop should be thrown in jail. That's a horrible breaching of the first and I hope the cops get sued because of it. ****ing cops thinking they can do whatever they want because they have a badge.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That cop should be thrown in jail. That's a horrible breaching of the first and I hope the cops get sued because of it. ****ing cops thinking they can do whatever they want because they have a badge.
    They don't have a first. This case happened in England.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    They don't have a first. This case happened in England.
    I see. Wow, I'm glad we have the first amendment. As much as the founders argued that putt ing some of our rights down my imply that they were our only rights, it seems that without it the government has too easy a time violating rights. England needs to get on the ball, as does America. Stop police state tactics before it's too late.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    The UK doesn't have the same laws as the United States.

    While sometimes I think that I would want laws like this, especially in situations where preachers show up at gay pride events, etc....telling people that they are going to hell.....I believe that ultimately Freedom of Speech is more important even if the content of the speech is something that I might not agree with.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •