Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Freedom of speech, huh? I guess constitutional protections are good for some people but not others. I disagree. Still, I said

    "Technically the officer is in the wrong."

    Reading is gud.

    Yes, you said that. You also said you had no sympathy for the preacher and got a chuckle out of it, which I took to indicate a certain amount of approval.

    Make up your mind, are you ok with it or not?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #22
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yes, you said that. You also said you had no sympathy for the preacher and got a chuckle out of it, which I took to indicate a certain amount of approval.

    Make up your mind, are you ok with it or not?
    Don't make any more of it than what I said. The officer was in the wrong, legally speaking, and I believe that the rule of law should be upheld, but I'm also able to be amused by a dickwad having his day inconvenienced.

  3. #23
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just called them VIA Skype: 0845 33 00 247

    I was told they have an emergency and for me to call back. I will be calling back!!!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just called them VIA Skype: 0845 33 00 247

    I was told they have an emergency and for me to call back. I will be calling back!!!
    Are you for real???

  5. #25
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just called them VIA Skype: 0845 33 00 247

    I was told they have an emergency and for me to call back. I will be calling back!!!
    Well, it's not insane, per se. A homosexual officer arresting a homophobe for running his mouth may be wrong, but it makes sense.

  6. #26
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Are you for real???
    Well why would I write it then!?!?!?
    Anyhow I called back and basically they said NO ONE would be arrested for saying that and to call the paper.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, it's not insane, per se. A homosexual officer arresting a homophobe for running his mouth may be wrong, but it makes sense.
    Again, you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's wrong but it makes sense?

    Why is he a homophobe? If he is a Christian, it is part of his beliefs that homosexual activity is a sin. He didn't write the Bible. This does not mean he fears homosexuals, it means his belief system disapproves of homosexual activity.

    Homophobia is an irrational fear of gays.

    Viewing homosexual behavior as a sin under Christian beliefs =/= homophobia.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So, the gent in question was approached by a woman who engaged him in conversation about religion. In the course of this conversation, he mentioned a number of things that the Bible asserts to be sin, one of which was homosexuality.

    He was arrested, in essence, for saying what his religion believes to a woman who willingly engaged him in conversation on the topic of religion. He is being charged and tried for this.

    And you're okay with it.

    Well, I guess that's it for Freedom of Speech huh?
    It's not the US. They have their own laws. If their law allows for arresting some one for it, our laws supporting free speech do not apply. I do not know the laws there, and whether this was legal. Do you?

    If this had happened in the US, it would be an obvious case of inappropriate arrest. However, it's not.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Then you should support all alternative lifestyles yet I bet if I name a few you wouldn't approve of them.
    Why? There is no logical reason that because I support gay rights, I should support all rights for all groups.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Again, you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's wrong but it makes sense?
    I mean that because there was a direct correlation between the jerk running his mouth and the officer arresting him, it doesn't technically qualify as insanity. "A" led to "B." The officer's actions may have certainly been disproportionate, but not insane. What would have more qualified is if the officer was heterosexual, was enraged by the preacher's comments, then turned around and shot a cow. That would have been nuts because neither of those events logically led to the next. Another good example is if "Bob" is happily married, and makes efforts to see to it that certain other people are not allowed to be married, even though there is no direct evidence of any harm either to themselves or to himself. That would be nuts.

    Why is he a homophobe? If he is a Christian, it is part of his beliefs that homosexual activity is a sin. He didn't write the Bible. This does not mean he fears homosexuals, it means his belief system disapproves of homosexual activity.
    People often quote parts of the bible that conveniently reflect their own views. I've met plenty of religious people who don't see anything at all in the bible about homosexuality being a sin. But if you want to see it then for sure you're gonna find it.

    "Homophobia is an irrational fear of gays."
    You say that like there is a rational fear of gays. What if that means that the fear itself is irrational?

    Viewing homosexual behavior as a sin under Christian beliefs =/= homophobia.
    Yes...it does. Conveniently dressing something up as an affront to God instead of to one's self is lazy, immature and unconvincing.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •