Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 549

Thread: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm all for bringing dueling back. In fact, I think it is essential to regain some of the civility that we have lost as a society. People might be a little more careful about what they say if they have to face the barrel end of a gun for saying it.
    You MUST be southern. And I don't mean that in a bad way.

    I wonder if sad panda will someday get me shot.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I can't really agree with that at all.
    I don't believe that for a hot second.

  3. #133
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you think you could make a logical argument today, and not an ad hominem?

    Is he capable of logical arguments? I'd have to see evidence.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Is he capable of logical arguments? I'd have to see evidence.
    I've seen him pull some out. But then, you know that he and I play for the Red Sox, and you play for the Yankees.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    ROFL. Make that the Braves.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    ROFL. Make that the Braves.
    I couldn't resist calling you a yankee.

  7. #137
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You MUST be southern. And I don't mean that in a bad way.

    I wonder if sad panda will someday get me shot.
    Nope, born and raised in Wyoming, where people usually have the common decency to put up or shut up.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Nope, born and raised in Wyoming, where people usually have the common decency to put up or shut up.
    Lived in Utah for 10 years, boyfriend from Idaho.

  9. #139
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Lived in Utah for 10 years, boyfriend from Idaho.
    Can't get much more laid back than Idaho.

    Mormons in Utah though, meh.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Is it really so hard for you to understand that the preacher was arrested because the UK limits hate speech?
    No. It's not hard for me to understand that at all because it was the basis of my argument in the first place. But like I said, you didn't bother to read my post in its entirety. You stopped at the point where I illustrated that what the preacher said was based on Scripture and that's all you saw and it pissed you off that anyone could once again show you where the Bible clearly shows where homosexuality is a sin. To your point of view, that's passing one's religious beliefs on someone. But I've done nothing of the sort.
    Your beliefs are dumb.
    Why? Because it doesn't conform to your way of life? Because at some point in your life someone misused you based on his/her religious beliefs? Sorry, but don't hate me for someone else's wrong-doing.

    Yeah. You see it as absolute truth, I think it's more than a little ridiculous and subjective. When I challenge your beliefs, you get butt hurt and feel persecuted.
    First off, I don't believe everything I've read in the Bible and I certainly don't apply alot of the Old Testiment beliefs or rituals in my life. That would be dumb. If I had to slaughter cattle for every sin I've committed we wouldn't have cows!

    Second, I don't see an absolute truth to Scripture. There are things I've argued in opposition to my church ministry all the time, but Christianity happens to be the one religious I've studied that I feel confident enough in that I believe helps me to lead a better, happier life. If you have no religious faith, well...that's your business and your right. But I won't condemn you for it as you apparently are doing to me and others who do have religious values.
    Get over it. You put your beliefs out there, some people aren't going to like them.
    And I'm fine with that. The only time I get upset with anyone here is when they take my words out of context or attempt to belittle me as you're attempting to do.

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •