Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

  1. #1
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens | Leo Hickman | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

    Aanyone see this ?
    Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    The prfominent scientist warns that if there is life out there, we probably don't want it messing with us. Hawking further said
    : "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."
    Wonder what Hawking thinks about the Arizona Alien contact law ? Is there a correlation between HAWKING'S aliens and the ones we have landing in Arizona ?
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #2
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens | Leo Hickman | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

    Aanyone see this ?
    Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    The prfominent scientist warns that if there is life out there, we probably don't want it messing with us. Hawking further said

    Wonder what Hawking thinks about the Arizona Alien contact law ? Is there a correlation between HAWKING'S aliens and the ones we have landing in Arizona ?
    They would both be here illegally. While one group is here cleaning toilets, the other group would be here teaching rocket science.

    Damn, I am going to get the crap flamed out of me for this one.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #3
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Hawking is right. If anyone is "out there" and can come here, we had better hope they are benevolent or we are screwed.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #4
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    They would both be here illegally. While one group is here cleaning toilets, the other group would be here teaching rocket science.

    Damn, I am going to get the crap flamed out of me for this one.
    HA HA HA hew he he !!! it's tough being an intellect but someone has to do it !!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Yeah, I saw that.

    The world's most renowned physicist suddenly discovers a science fiction theme as old as the War of the Worlds, and we're supposed to be impressed or something.

    Fact of the matter is that Hawking clearly doesn't understand space resources or the exploitation thereof, and he's not bothering to ponder the meaning of trillions of barrels of liquid petroleum reserves on planet earth.

    That those reserves have never been tapped tells us:

    1) There's no intelligent life in this part of the galaxy.

    2) That interstellar travel is probitively expensive and difficult.

    3) Or that any aliens that have visited the planet are so thoroughly exploiting the resources of space that they don't need to crawl around on the ground sucking up oil.

    Any one or any combination of the three are possible.

    Certainly no in their right mind is going to come to earth to mine iron or copper or aluminum or any other metal, not when there's easier places to get it, like the asteroids.

    The atmosphere of titan is just a hydrocarbon muck, and it would be easier to scoop that than to drill baby drill.

    Vegetation and organic matter might be scarce, but if they're not going to plant a colony, the aliens would have scooped it and left.

    Whatever, there is zero evidence of any alien visitation ever, and zero evidence of any intelligent aliens in the universe. It took this one planet almost five billion years to produce us. I suspect that technological civilizations are very rare indeed.

  6. #6
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Hawking is right. If anyone is "out there" and can come here, we had better hope they are benevolent or we are screwed.
    yeh , the Injuns should have said to Columbus, take your Pinto and shove it.. and the ships that you rode in on !!!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #7
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    yeh , the Injuns should have said to Columbus, take your Pinto and shove it.. and the ships that you rode in on !!!!
    but do leave the blankets please
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  8. #8
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah, I saw that.

    The world's most renowned physicist suddenly discovers a science fiction theme as old as the War of the Worlds, and we're supposed to be impressed or something.

    Fact of the matter is that Hawking clearly doesn't understand space resources or the exploitation thereof, and he's not bothering to ponder the meaning of trillions of barrels of liquid petroleum reserves on planet earth.

    That those reserves have never been tapped tells us:

    1) There's no intelligent life in this part of the galaxy.

    2) That interstellar travel is probitively expensive and difficult.

    3) Or that any aliens that have visited the planet are so thoroughly exploiting the resources of space that they don't need to crawl around on the ground sucking up oil.

    Any one or any combination of the three are possible.

    Certainly no in their right mind is going to come to earth to mine iron or copper or aluminum or any other metal, not when there's easier places to get it, like the asteroids.

    The atmosphere of titan is just a hydrocarbon muck, and it would be easier to scoop that than to drill baby drill.

    Vegetation and organic matter might be scarce, but if they're not going to plant a colony, the aliens would have scooped it and left.

    Whatever, there is zero evidence of any alien visitation ever, and zero evidence of any intelligent aliens in the universe. It took this one planet almost five billion years to produce us. I suspect that technological civilizations are very rare indeed.
    Ya think we need to check their ID's ?
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #9
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    yeh , the Injuns should have said to Columbus, take your Pinto and shove it.. and the ships that you rode in on !!!!
    Well, they should have, but they had a couple of little problems. They wanted things that the white guys had, and they were still too tribal-minded to win in a real conflict.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #10
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Stephen Hawking takes a hard line on aliens

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    but do leave the blankets please
    Nah, skip the blankets. White man had a habit of floating blankets containing smallpox down the rivers to Indian tribes. You could say that these were the first documented cases of biological warfare.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •