Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

  1. #1
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster' - CNN.com
    Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    A priest accused of child abuse denied the charges Tuesday in a high-profile ... "I am not a monster. I am innocent," the Rev. Ruggero Conti said in court.
    Conti is accused of molesting seven young boys at the Nativita di Santa Maria Santissima parish in Rome faces charges of committing sexual violence and prostitution.

    Two alleged victims told police that Conti masturbated them and forced them to perform oral sex on him in his home
    ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH ALREADY!!

    I realize that this case is still in trial but let's be honest this monster is very likely guuilty.

    Time to bring back the burning at the stake and boiling in oil. Does anyone else agree ??
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Meh, at this point I kind of hope the hell they preach in their sermons, is where they're gonna go.

  3. #3
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Time to bring back the burning at the stake and boiling in oil. Does anyone else agree?
    Nope.

    Punish them according to the law.

    If the law includes boiling oil and stakes to be burnt at, well...

    But as should be obvious, this guy isn't proven guilty yet.

    Which, for some reason, no one EVER seems to care about.

    What are we, an unruly mob?

    ...As opposed to a rule-abiding one...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #4
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster' - CNN.com
    Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'



    Conti is accused of molesting seven young boys at the Nativita di Santa Maria Santissima parish in Rome faces charges of committing sexual violence and prostitution.



    ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH ALREADY!!

    I realize that this case is still in trial but let's be honest this monster is very likely guuilty.

    Time to bring back the burning at the stake and boiling in oil. Does anyone else agree ??


    The PEAR was the the instrument of choice for sodomites back then



  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by Priest
    "I am not a monster."
    Yes you are.

  6. #6
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Nope.

    Punish them according to the law.

    If the law includes boiling oil and stakes to be burnt at, well...

    But as should be obvious, this guy isn't proven guilty yet.

    Which, for some reason, no one EVER seems to care about.

    What are we, an unruly mob?

    ...As opposed to a rule-abiding one...
    I did admit that this trial is still in progress but with the history of perverts in the priesthood and the fact that very few apparently have been brought to justice I have a reasonable expectation that this Conti guy is a pervert priest and yes that he did what he is being tried for.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  7. #7
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The PEAR was the the instrument of choice for sodomites back then
    What is a PEAR ? I do not beleive that you are talking about a fruit ! Or are you making a funny that the pervert priests are mostly homosexuals hense "fruits" ?
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 04-27-10 at 10:37 PM.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  8. #8
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I did admit that this trial is still in progress but with the history of perverts in the priesthood and the fact that very few apparently have been brought to justice I have a reasonable expectation that this Conti guy is a pervert priest and yes that he did what he is being tried for.
    Well, yes, I agree that the balance leans against his being innocent.

    And, I suppose, you were simply using the story as a prop for your rant against pedophile priests (not to mention all pedophiles, I assume).

    As I was using your propped up story as a springboard to rant about my dislike of the tendency for people involved in well-publicized legal battles to be convicted in popular belief long before they are proven guilty or innocent.

    But…meh.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #9
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    What is a PEAR ? I do not believe that you are talking about a fruit ! Or are you making a funny that the pervert priests are mostly homosexuals hence "fruits" ?
    As long as it wasn't too ripe...squishy..





    Sometimes I sicken myself.


    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Priest at his child abuse trial in Rome: 'I am not a monster'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Well, yes, I agree that the balance leans against his being innocent.

    And, I suppose, you were simply using the story as a prop for your rant against pedophile priests (not to mention all pedophiles, I assume).

    As I was using your propped up story as a springboard to rant about my dislike of the tendency for people involved in well-publicized legal battles to be convicted in popular belief long before they are proven guilty or innocent.

    But…meh.
    You know that is a good point you make Mark. The whole Nancy Grace mentality is not the right way to go. The chances of this priest being innocent are probably slim. But it's good to stand by the principle of Due Process and assumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •