Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 172

Thread: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

  1. #81
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    w-stands-for-what's-his-name is responsible for the 09 and 10 budgets---LOL!
    I was partly kidding. But seriously, Bush (and Congress) is responsible for the FY09 budget. And if you hold any President responsible for the economic crash, which is the main reason for the deficits, it has to be Bush.

  2. #82
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    do you know what 3 trillion dollars of deficit in the 2009 and 2010 budgets mean?
    And that's relevant to you being wrong how?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #83
    User givejonadollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-29-10 @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    I liked this post by Lew Rockwell yesterday:

    Are Keynesians Fascists?

    Who can doubt it? Their economic policies are fundamentally the same as Mussoliniís or FDRís or Peronísóthe classic combine of big-government-big business-big labor controlling and looting the rest of us, lubricated with central banking.

    And as Neil Reynolds points out in the Globe & Mail:

    [Keynes] was himself a disciple of dictatorships. In his essay Keynes, the Man, U.S. libertarian economist Murray Rothbard recalls that Keynes was an enthusiastic supporter in the 1930s of Sir Oswald Mosley, the founder of British fascism, and that Keynes consistently championed the fascist economic model. Writing in 1939, in the foreword to the German edition of The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, his manifesto, Mr. Keynes conceded that his economic theories ďadapt more easily to the conditions of a totalitarian state Ö than to the conditions of free competition.Ē

    Your comments?
    http://www.givejonadollar.com
    On Facebook - "Like" Jon here

  4. #84
    User Rusticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 07:40 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    61

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Economists say the stimulus didn't help - Apr. 26, 2010

    Surely to be followed by a "it wasn't big enough" response from the far left. A majority of economists believe that this debt monster failed to provide the boost that was promised.
    There is not far left in the U.S. It only seems that way because the right has moved all the way to fascism. By your measures, moderate Republicans are left wingers.

  5. #85
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by givejonadollar View Post
    Their economic policies are fundamentally the same as Mussoliniís or FDRís or Peronísóthe classic combine of big-government-big business-big labor controlling and looting the rest of us, lubricated with central banking.
    Ludicrous.

    [Keynes] was himself a disciple of dictatorships. In his essay Keynes, the Man, U.S. libertarian economist Murray Rothbard recalls that Keynes was an enthusiastic supporter in the 1930s of Sir Oswald Mosley, the founder of British fascism, and that Keynes consistently championed the fascist economic model. Writing in 1939, in the foreword to the German edition of The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, his manifesto, Mr. Keynes conceded that his economic theories ďadapt more easily to the conditions of a totalitarian state Ö than to the conditions of free competition.Ē
    1. An observation about dictatorships does not make him a "disciple" of them.
    2. Keynesians aren't Keynes. This is a lame attempt at guilt by association.

    This is the kind of paranoid, mouth-foaming stuff that passes for thinking by the extreme right these days.

  6. #86
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by givejonadollar View Post
    I liked this post by Lew Rockwell yesterday:

    Are Keynesians Fascists?

    Who can doubt it? Their economic policies are fundamentally the same as Mussoliniís or FDRís or Peronísóthe classic combine of big-government-big business-big labor controlling and looting the rest of us, lubricated with central banking.

    And as Neil Reynolds points out in the Globe & Mail:

    [Keynes] was himself a disciple of dictatorships. In his essay Keynes, the Man, U.S. libertarian economist Murray Rothbard recalls that Keynes was an enthusiastic supporter in the 1930s of Sir Oswald Mosley, the founder of British fascism, and that Keynes consistently championed the fascist economic model. Writing in 1939, in the foreword to the German edition of The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, his manifesto, Mr. Keynes conceded that his economic theories ďadapt more easily to the conditions of a totalitarian state Ö than to the conditions of free competition.Ē

    Your comments?
    You have no idea what Fascism is, or what elements define it. Please stop pissing on the English language, where words have meanings.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    pew poll, yesterday's politico

    SIXTY TWO PERCENT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE do not believe the SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLAR stimulus (that obscene s-word no one in the party is allowed ever again to utter) did any good

    Poll: Most Americans think the stimulus didn't help - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

    33% believe what obama now ubiquitously refers to as THE RECOVERY ACT (LOL!) actually worked

    FORTY TWO percent of DEMS deem it a dud

    include the economists surveyed and we're talking consensus

    such a waste

  8. #88
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    pew poll, yesterday's politico

    SIXTY TWO PERCENT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE do not believe the SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLAR stimulus (that obscene s-word no one in the party is allowed ever again to utter) did any good

    Poll: Most Americans think the stimulus didn't help - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

    33% believe what obama now ubiquitously refers to as THE RECOVERY ACT (LOL!) actually worked

    FORTY TWO percent of DEMS deem it a dud

    include the economists surveyed and we're talking consensus

    such a waste
    The success of the stimulus must be retrospective. Not enought time has passed yet.

    According to the Obama Administration, the economy doesn't have to prosper for the stimulus to have worked. It only needs to stop getting worse.

    In Obama's view, the only possible way for the stimulus to fail is if it was less economical than allowing economic developments to take their natural course.

    In America's view, the only possible way for the stimulus to succeed is if it considerably improves the quality of their lives and finances.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    In America's view, the only possible way for the stimulus to succeed is if it considerably improves the quality of their lives and finances.
    you got that right

    it cost SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS

    according to obama, for the S-WORD to succeed, unemployment must CAP at eight percent

    he's had plenty of time

    it just aint workin

    especially politically

    it's empirical

    sorry

  10. #90
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Economists: The stimulus didn't help

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you got that right

    it cost SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS

    according to obama, for the S-WORD to succeed, unemployment must CAP at eight percent

    he's had plenty of time

    it just aint workin

    especially politically

    it's empirical

    sorry
    Consider the Great Depression.

    If the stimulus was the difference between 1/3rd of the population being unemployed for going on thirty years and our current situation, would you have favored the stimulus?

    More to the point, would you have criticized Obama for not ennacting the stimulus, if the economy had tanked so heavily?
    Last edited by Morality Games; 04-29-10 at 10:03 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •