Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-17-18 @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Damn it. Give it a ****ing rest. I would like to see a discussion here, without all the damn trolling. This thread is not about Obama and taxes. It is about North Korea's sinking of a South Korean ship. Please stay on topic without being disruptive, or get the **** out of the thread!
    oh, for goodness sake, calm down

    exactly what our president was doing at the exact moment the ship went boom, then gurgle, gurgle, guys dying...

    very, very pertinent

    sorry the beating he must take is so relentless, but that's part of being president

    carry on with your discussion

  2. #12
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,810

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If it turns out that North Korea attacked and sank the ship, then this was an act of war, and we must react accordingly. Attacking North Korea is beset with many problems, which is why we must at least consider the use of nuclear forces. At any rate, we need to make sure that North Korea will never rattle it's sabres ever again.

    Article is here.
    You really have to wonder what makes Kim Jong tick.

    I had a friend who was on the USS Pueblo. The one thing he told me you have to realize is that the North Koreans think totally different than us.
    It makes one wonder if he is not trying to do a little provoking to test our response. I for one just don't feel like we can afford another money drain in going to South Korea to fight.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    oh, for goodness sake, calm down

    exactly what our president was doing at the exact moment the ship went boom, then gurgle, gurgle, guys dying...

    very, very pertinent

    sorry the beating he must take is so relentless, but that's part of being president

    carry on with your discussion
    How is the President supposed to control exactly where he is when something unforeseen happens in the world? I suppose you plan Bush for being in a kindergarten room when 9/11 happened?

    Anyway I don't see this ship sinking during into a new war, perhaps an end to talks and business between ROK and DPRK, along with the end to any meaningful aid.

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,217
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Moderator's Warning:
    Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea ministerStick to the topic. This is not about Obama, taxes or anything to do with this administration.

  5. #15
    Sporadic insanity normal.

    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,880

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Seriously?

    You guys turned a thread about events that might indicate a future war in Korea into a discussion about the merits/demerits of the current president?

    Granted, there may be a very oblique connection, in that the USA may be involved in a Korean war, and the merits/demerits of the current US president might have some affect on such...but still.

    No discussion about a potential war?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #16
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    War with North Korea is going to result in the deaths of thousands of South Koreans. Unless the stakes are high enough to be worth the cost, war is not an option. Losing a boat is a minor detail in comparison. Extreme sanctions are already in place and diplomatic protests have been issued a hundred times before. Do nothing may not sit will in the stomach, but there aren't really any better options at the moment.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,640

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    War with North Korea is going to result in the deaths of thousands of South Koreans. Unless the stakes are high enough to be worth the cost, war is not an option. Losing a boat is a minor detail in comparison. Extreme sanctions are already in place and diplomatic protests have been issued a hundred times before. Do nothing may not sit will in the stomach, but there aren't really any better options at the moment.
    I expect that the most that will come directly from this is the sinking of a NK ship or two.

    Personally I would give a warning to NK leadership to scuttle two ships or see 4 go to the bottom of the ocean.

    But as you say all out war over this particular incident is not worth it to the South Koreans, as Seoul is in the direct line of fire
    Conservatives believe that the government is incompetent, and seek to elect people who will ensure it is

    sofa king we todd it

  8. #18
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If it turns out that North Korea attacked and sank the ship, then this was an act of war, and we must react accordingly. Attacking North Korea is beset with many problems, which is why we must at least consider the use of nuclear forces. At any rate, we need to make sure that North Korea will never rattle it's sabres ever again.

    Article is here.
    We can do it through proxy ie south korea but not directly imo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #19
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    You really have to wonder what makes Kim Jong tick.

    I had a friend who was on the USS Pueblo. The one thing he told me you have to realize is that the North Koreans think totally different than us.
    It makes one wonder if he is not trying to do a little provoking to test our response. I for one just don't feel like we can afford another money drain in going to South Korea to fight.
    I certainly don't doubt it but dud your friend talk about what specifically was different about them?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #20
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,966

    Re: Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    We can do it through proxy ie south korea but not directly imo
    That approach is beset with problems. North Korea has thousands of long range artillery pieces that can hit Seoul. That is why, IMHO, we need to get involved, and whatever we do needs to be done hard, fast, and decisively.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •