Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

  1. #91
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Quran in a crapper is passť I think its time for a cartoonist to do something daring like a cartoon of the 40+ year old pedophile prophet Mohammad with his 9 year old wife Aisha.

    So it is... passť.

    The Prophet & Aisha; it could be made into a movie.
    Roman Polanski can direct it.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    i think this cartoonist should draw a cartoon of mohammed and jesus having sex with each other, and see who gets the most offended
    the world would end

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I understand her motivation - freedom of ideas and freedom of the press - and I embrace these freedoms. But I also think that sinking to this level is rude, crude, unnecessary, and counterproductive. Islamophobia is just as ugly as anti-Semitism.
    This is against radical Muslims who are looking for any excuse to blow themselves up. This is not against the Muslim faith or the average Muslim.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    It's not about trying to piss people off.

    If I was a cartoonist, I wouldn't draw the images in order to piss people off. I would do it in protest of the actions of a company in the US catering to terrorists. IMO, this is not so much spitting in the face of Muslims, as it is making fun of the people and companies who cater to terrorists. Making them look like fools. Hoping that perhaps next time, they will have the courage to stand up for freedom of speech. That perhaps next time, the voices of a few idiotic extremists will not drive the actions of a huge US media company.
    I'd do it to piss people off.

    I'd become a psych major and conduct extensive research to pinpoint precise weak spots in the human psyche so I could poke at them and invoke a response. My cartoons would start wars, or in the case of the middle east, bring them to a climactic end.

    ...that is, if I had any talent with cartoons....




    Last edited by Jerry; 04-26-10 at 02:53 PM.

  5. #95
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm all for freedom of speech and I won't say they shouldn't do this or not be allowed to do this. But doing something just to piss some people off is still kind of a dick move in my eyes. And at the very least not productive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'd do it to piss people off.

    I'd become a psych major and conduct extensive research to pinpoint precise weak spots in the human psyche so I could poke at them and invoke a response. My cartoons would start wars, or in the case of the middle east, bring them to a climactic end.

    ...that is, if I had any talent with cartoons....

    I'm not saying that people don't ever do **** like that to piss people off. Of course they do. I was saying that the "draw Mohamed day' thing wasn't to "piss people off". It was to make a point about something else entirely.

    Of course people do things like that to piss people off. No doubt about it. When I was modeling for fetish photo shoots, I thought up of all sorts of ways to be so completely un-PC. To seriously piss off the "religious right" with my (and the photographer's) freedom of expression. While I didn't get to model for all of the ones I thought up, I have no doubt he employed some of the ideas in future shoots with other models.

    HE did it to piss people off. It was his goal. I was happy to help him think of ways to do it. LOL


    But the point of this recent call to draw the muslim prophet wasn't to 'piss people off'. It was to make a point.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    But the point of this recent call to draw the muslim prophet wasn't to 'piss people off'. It was to make a point.
    No, it's all about money, she's just trying to make a prophet.

  7. #97
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post


    I second that!
    Someone has already done that.
    Mohammed Image Archive
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    And Hitler was just a normal product of a anti-semitic culture and influenced by the European cultural norm of pogroms against the Jews, who are we to judge?
    WTF? Straw man much?

    I clearly said to judge historical people within a historical context. Judging them by the prevailing morals of society in different time periods lacks common sense.
    By your logic, you would say Hitler was civilized when judging him by the cultures of 1000 BC. Big deal, it means jack **** in a historical context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Tell me what are your feelings on ancient human sacrifice?
    The same as your feelings on how dinosaurs died...

    Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    WTF? Straw man much?

    I clearly said to judge historical people within a historical context. Judging them by the prevailing morals of society in different time periods lacks common sense.
    By your logic, you would say Hitler was civilized when judging him by the cultures of 1000 BC. Big deal, it means jack **** in a historical context.
    And in the region where Hitler lived during the time period Hitler lived anti-semitism was rampant and pogroms of Jews was a long held tradition. If you let Mohammed off the hook because it was normal for his era (which isn't even true) then you must likewise let Hitler off the hook and just about any tyrant throughout history.


    The same as your feelings on how dinosaurs died...

    Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    Really? How so? Human sacrifice was normal and commonplace in the ancient world the same as your claim of pedophilia being normal and commonplace in the time of Mohammed. Is one supposed to judge on the cultural norms of their era or the cultural norms of our era? Should slave owners or those who enforced Jim Crow laws not to be seen as morally repugnant just because of the historical context?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    And in the region where Hitler lived during the time period Hitler lived anti-semitism was rampant and pogroms of Jews was a long held tradition.
    Antisemitism was rampant, but attempting to systematically destroy a people was not rampant. Antisemitism was not seen as being morally wrong in 1930-1940's Germany. Killing a person because of their religion/race has always been wrong. Then and now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    If you let Mohammed off the hook because it was normal for his era (which isn't even true) then you must likewise let Hitler off the hook and just about any tyrant throughout history.
    Got a source for young marriages not being normal during Muhammad's era? I expect you to back up claims you state as factual. If it was not normal for women to get married young, then why didn't Aisha's father or mother say anything about it? Why didn't any of the Meccans who were persecuting Muhammad (like Abu Lahab) use his marriage to such a young girl against him? Probably because the average person in Arabia did not live past 55. In fact, other women saw nothing wrong with it. Khawlah bint al-Hakim was a woman in Muhammad's time who encourage him to marry young Aisha.

    And claims that Muhammad is a pedophile are historically inaccurate. His first wife, whom he was married to for 25 years of his life, was 19 years older than him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Really? How so? Human sacrifice was normal and commonplace in the ancient world the same as your claim of pedophilia being normal and commonplace in the time of Mohammed. Is one supposed to judge on the cultural norms of their era or the cultural norms of our era? Should slave owners or those who enforced Jim Crow laws not to be seen as morally repugnant just because of the historical context?
    Because it's a straw man...? Or do you not understand what a straw man is...?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •