Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

  1. #1
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse - CNN.com

    This is a very sad topic but "Belgian bishop Roger Joseph Vangheluwe has resigned after admitting to sexually abusing a child,"
    The key here and the sadness is that this schmuck didn't quit because there was child rape but because he was doing it.

    As a life long CATHLOIC and once an alter boy I have gotten to the point where I am having difficulty defending the church anymore.

    I am really thinking about changing my position about Pope Arnold and now yes maybe he needs to resign.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse - CNN.com

    This is a very sad topic but "Belgian bishop Roger Joseph Vangheluwe has resigned after admitting to sexually abusing a child,"
    The key here and the sadness is that this schmuck didn't quit because there was child rape but because he was doing it.

    As a life long CATHLOIC and once an alter boy I have gotten to the point where I am having difficulty defending the church anymore.

    I am really thinking about changing my position about Pope Arnold and now yes maybe he needs to resign.


    They've bungled their response to this crisis time and time again. And at this point I don't see what the Pope resigning would do, since it appears no country, nor bishop, nor high level member of the vatican could possibly be completely clean from any of these scandals. There's been clear evidence for 20 years that high ranking members of the catholic church knew about all these abuses and failed to act. This will land them exactly where they preach sinners will go.

    Just out of interest, have you seen the documentary "deliver us from evil"?

  3. #3
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    They've bungled their response to this crisis time and time again. And at this point I don't see what the Pope resigning would do, since it appears no country, nor bishop, nor high level member of the vatican could possibly be completely clean from any of these scandals. There's been clear evidence for 20 years that high ranking members of the catholic church knew about all these abuses and failed to act. This will land them exactly where they preach sinners will go.

    Just out of interest, have you seen the documentary "deliver us from evil"?
    No I have not seen that documentary. What channel or is it available as a "streamer" ( is that a real word for downloading technology?)

    I really am sickened becasue not only was I brought up in a rigid Catholic home I was punished by being sent to a Catholic school and my own Mother only a few recent years ago admitted that people knew that some priests were "funny" and they did "funny" things. Yet her generationas hundreds before her did nothing. I feel so F-ing betrayed by the coverup artists almost as much as by the perverts.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    No I have not seen that documentary. What channel or is it available as a "streamer" ( is that a real word for downloading technology?)

    I really am sickened becasue not only was I brought up in a rigid Catholic home I was punished by being sent to a Catholic school and my own Mother only a few recent years ago admitted that people knew that some priests were "funny" and they did "funny" things. Yet her generationas hundreds before her did nothing. I feel so F-ing betrayed by the coverup artists almost as much as by the perverts.
    I think for the older followers, it just was not acceptable to question the clergy, you just didn't do it, it was considered blasphemy. I mean they were representatives of god right, extensions of the apostles? WRONG! They're just as human as the rest of us. Indeed you, and everyone else should feel very betrayed.

    BTW here is the trailer for Deliver us from Evil. I've seen it a couple of times, its one of the most shocking things you will ever see, I highly reccomend it.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scW90Q6Z_OM"]YouTube- Deliver Us From Evil[/nomedia]

  5. #5
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse - CNN.com

    This is a very sad topic but "Belgian bishop Roger Joseph Vangheluwe has resigned after admitting to sexually abusing a child,"
    The key here and the sadness is that this schmuck didn't quit because there was child rape but because he was doing it.

    As a life long CATHLOIC and once an alter boy I have gotten to the point where I am having difficulty defending the church anymore.

    I am really thinking about changing my position about Pope Arnold and now yes maybe he needs to resign.
    That article implies that the Belgian bishop resigned without any accusations or charges being made against him. If that's the case, I think it is good that these Catholic clergymen are volunteering to resign. Hopefully, doing so will get this guy out of a position for abuse and let him get the kind of help he needs. I hope it will also cause other clergy who have abused children to come forward voluntarily.
    Last edited by samsmart; 04-23-10 at 10:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Belgian bishop quits over child sex abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    That article implies that the Belgian bishop resigned without any accusations or charges being made against him. If that's the case, I think it is good that these Catholic clergymen are volunteering to resign. Hopefully, doing so will get this guy out of a position for abuse and let him get the kind of help he needs. I hope it will also cause other clergy who have abused children to come forward voluntarily.
    Sorry, but the “help this pervert needs” is to be boiled in oil or have a destiny with a guillotine.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •