Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #661
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I recommend that a paranoid liberal like yourself, stay the hell out of Arizona.

    Do us all a favor and stop wasting everyones time with your phony scenarios. Just state that you are a liberal, and are marching lock step with the current regime, so you will oppose this law even if a gun were put to your head.
    Errr, I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The scenario is possible. Ten states do not require proof of citizenship or legal status to get a driver's license: Hawaii, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Wisconsin and Utah. Tennessee issues special certificates to people who cannot prove they are legal residents.

    People with a license from these states cannot present it as proof of being in the country legally, according to this very law you're quoting.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #662
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I think that clears up the issue for me.

    So, is the problem with most people this idea of legal interaction? I mean, do police have to catch you doing something, or can they just walk up and ask you for proof? From what I've seen, it's not the latter.
    Correct, they can not just walk up to you and ask you to prove you are legally in the country. They can only do that if they stopped you for another legal reason.

  3. #663
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    New Mexico? Really? That's very surprising.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #664
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Errr, I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The scenario is possible. Ten states do not require proof of citizenship or legal status to get a driver's license: Hawaii, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Wisconsin and Utah. Tennessee issues special certificates to people who cannot prove they are legal residents.

    People with a license from these states cannot present it as proof of being in the country legally, according to this very law you're quoting.
    Then people from those states either need to get their laws changed or carry birth certificates with them if they go to AZ.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #665
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Correct, they can not just walk up to you and ask you to prove you are legally in the country. They can only do that if they stopped you for another legal reason.
    Can they see you on the corner as a day laborer, jaywalking in urban areas, looking hispanic and ask you for proof of residency?

  6. #666
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Then people from those states either need to get their laws changed or carry birth certificates with them if they go to AZ.
    So you're admitting now that I'm correct. A legal citizen could be taken into custody for not having his birth certificate/passport/SS card/whatever.

    That's all I have to say. I oppose this bill for that reason.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #667
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Errr, I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The scenario is possible. Ten states do not require proof of citizenship or legal status to get a driver's license: Hawaii, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Wisconsin and Utah. Tennessee issues special certificates to people who cannot prove they are legal residents.

    People with a license from these states cannot present it as proof of being in the country legally, according to this very law you're quoting.
    Dude, give it up.

    The law is not to hassle people, it's to help stop the influx of illegal aliens from being in the state of Arizona. The police have computers in their cars, and can check you out right there, even if you don't have ID. If that isn't good enough for you, then move to San Francisco and have a love-in with your people.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you're admitting now that I'm correct. A legal citizen could be taken into custody for not having his birth certificate/passport/SS card/whatever.

    That's all I have to say. I oppose this bill for that reason.
    I never said differently. But it depends on your definition of "custody". They are held until they can be checked out through ICE.

    People have always been taken into custody with no charges filed against them.

    Do you object to the Border Patrol or ICE being able to do the same thing ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #669
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Dude, give it up.

    The law is not to hassle people, it's to help stop the influx of illegal aliens from being in the state of Arizona. The police have computers in their cars, and can check you out right there, even if you don't have ID. If that isn't good enough for you, then move to San Francisco and have a love-in with your people.
    What do you need for them to find your legal residency on those computers?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #670
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    What do you need for them to find your legal residency on those computers?
    Name, address, and SS#.

    Don't you ever watch cop shows?

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •