Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #641
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    So I've heard so much hype about this bill, I just want to know the truth. I heard that you only need to provide ID when police have "legal contact" (aka, when you commit a crime). If so, what is the problem? Is it so terrible that you have to identify yourself when you commit a crime? I don't see anywhere that you have to have ID carried around with you all of the time. But think about this, don't you carry your driver's license pretty much everywhere you go? (Of course, I don't like the idea of forcing people to carry around ID, but again, I don't think that this bill requires that)

    If what I've heard is true, then I don't see the big deal. Arizona has a HUGE kidnapping problem (Phoenix has the second highest kidnapping rate in the world), a huge violent crime problem, and they have to pay for benefits for these people. Why not allow them to enforce the federal law if the feds aren't going to do it?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #642
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So I've heard so much hype about this bill, I just want to know the truth. I heard that you only need to provide ID when police have "legal contact" (aka, when you commit a crime). If so, what is the problem? Is it so terrible that you have to identify yourself when you commit a crime?
    It also means if you get stopped for speeding or a tail light being out. The term legal contact means any justified interaction with the police. Which by the way, has not been expanded in any way by this new law.

    I don't see anywhere that you have to have ID carried around with you all of the time. But think about this, don't you carry your driver's license pretty much everywhere you go? (Of course, I don't like the idea of forcing people to carry around ID, but again, I don't think that this bill requires that)
    I lived in Arizona for 19 years, and everyone must have a state recognized legal ID and carry it with them in public. That's been the law for at least 25 years there. Having been stopped years ago while walking home, I was informed of this law. What they did when I didn't have my ID, was ask me questions like my name, address, date of birth, etc.. then they called it in to make sure all my information matched their records. Today, they would simply pull you up on the computer in their cars and make sure the info and photo matched.

    Federal law states that if you are a legal immigrant, you must carry your green card with you at all times. That's been the law for over 50 years.

    If what I've heard is true, then I don't see the big deal. Arizona has a HUGE kidnapping problem (Phoenix has the second highest kidnapping rate in the world), a huge violent crime problem, and they have to pay for benefits for these people. Why not allow them to enforce the federal law if the feds aren't going to do it?
    You would think it wouldn't be a big deal, but right now the left is desperate to paint the right as racists to preserve their political power. So they will lie and distort the context of this law all day long, as they've been doing since it was signed.

  3. #643
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It also means if you get stopped for speeding or a tail light being out. The term legal contact means any justified interaction with the police. Which by the way, has not been expanded in any way by this new law.



    I lived in Arizona for 19 years, and everyone must have a state recognized legal ID and carry it with them in public. That's been the law for at least 25 years there. Having been stopped years ago while walking home, I was informed of this law. What they did when I didn't have my ID, was ask me questions like my name, address, date of birth, etc.. then they called it in to make sure all my information matched their records. Today, they would simply pull you up on the computer in their cars and make sure the info and photo matched.

    Federal law states that if you are a legal immigrant, you must carry your green card with you at all times. That's been the law for over 50 years.



    You would think it wouldn't be a big deal, but right now the left is desperate to paint the right as racists to preserve their political power. So they will lie and distort the context of this law all day long, as they've been doing since it was signed.
    Agreed, there is a lot of misinformation and lies being spread about this law. Facts and logic seem to be lost on some people.

  4. #644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm not in favor of illegal immigration I'm opposed to the possibility of going to jail because I don't carry my passport around.

    edit: Also, you just called a group of human beings "slop." Do you feel good about that?

    You're not a citizen?

    Then obey the law and carry whatever documentation the law says you're supposed to carry.

    If you don't want to obey the law, quit yer whining and go back to wherever it was you came from.

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    You would think it wouldn't be a big deal, but right now the left is desperate to paint the right as racists to preserve their political power. So they will lie and distort the context of this law all day long, as they've been doing since it was signed.
    They've been playing the Race Card since they got it from the Clintons.

    Since they don't have any other argument, it's the only card they can play.

    The Messiah's departure in 2012 should pretty much retire that worn out thing.

    Real Americans are tired of being called racist just becuase they're trying to save the country from the socialists.

  6. #646
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    Agreed, there is a lot of misinformation and lies being spread about this law. Facts and logic seem to be lost on some people.
    The difference is that speeding or a bad lane change can't get me brought down to the station and detained. If I get pulled over for speeding in Arizona five minutes from now I could be detained while my citizenship is proven, because my passport is in my desk drawer rather than in my pocket.

    If I get pulled over for speeding in Minnesota, I'm getting a ticket and that's the end of it. Speeding is against the law, but having my passport in my dresser is not. My problem is that in Arizona, I can be detained for something that isn't a crime.

    Is that really so hard to understand, folks?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #647
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    They've been playing the Race Card since they got it from the Clintons.

    Since they don't have any other argument, it's the only card they can play.

    The Messiah's departure in 2012 should pretty much retire that worn out thing.

    Real Americans are tired of being called racist just becuase they're trying to save the country from the socialists.
    Yadda yadda straw man blah blah real Americans blah socialists yadda.

  8. #648
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The difference is that speeding or a bad lane change can't get me brought down to the station and detained. If I get pulled over for speeding in Arizona five minutes from now I could be detained while my citizenship is proven, because my passport is in my desk drawer rather than in my pocket.

    If I get pulled over for speeding in Minnesota, I'm getting a ticket and that's the end of it. Speeding is against the law, but having my passport in my dresser is not. My problem is that in Arizona, I can be detained for something that isn't a crime.

    Is that really so hard to understand, folks?
    Just have your passport number tattooed to your arm. Simple.

  9. #649
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The difference is that speeding or a bad lane change can't get me brought down to the station and detained. If I get pulled over for speeding in Arizona five minutes from now I could be detained while my citizenship is proven, because my passport is in my desk drawer rather than in my pocket.

    If I get pulled over for speeding in Minnesota, I'm getting a ticket and that's the end of it. Speeding is against the law, but having my passport in my dresser is not. My problem is that in Arizona, I can be detained for something that isn't a crime.

    Is that really so hard to understand, folks?
    Solved: Carry your drivers license when driving.....

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #650
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The difference is that speeding or a bad lane change can't get me brought down to the station and detained. If I get pulled over for speeding in Arizona five minutes from now I could be detained while my citizenship is proven, because my passport is in my desk drawer rather than in my pocket. If I get pulled over for speeding in Minnesota, I'm getting a ticket and that's the end of it. Speeding is against the law, but having my passport in my dresser is not. My problem is that in Arizona, I can be detained for something that isn't a crime.

    Is that really so hard to understand, folks?
    Would you please stop lying your ass off and READ THE GD LAW!

    There are 4 forms of ID that are considered legal, and having your passport on you (if you are an American citizen) isn't one of them. If you have a drivers license, then you are assumed to be in the country legally. If you are not an American citizen, then you are required by FEDERAL LAW to have either your passport on you, or your green card.


    DO YOU UNDERSTAND?


    .

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •