Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #591
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Way to talk around the Q on this. Here is the question that exposes this law for what it is:

    What is going to constitute reasonable suspicion that a police officer knows what someone is or is not carrying in his wallet.
    The answer is that he can't stop them and ask them until he's already stopped them for suspicion of some other crime.

    When a cop stops someone with probable cause, what's their first question?

    Oh, yeah, their first question is "let's see some ID".

    So, it seems that actually ASKING a suspect for his ID CAN'T POSSIBLY be a violation of any Constitutional standard, since it's SOP in the first damn place.

    The only thing the law really does is it allows the cop specific authority to dig deeper and to hold the suspect if he can't ID himself.

    What a threat to our republic asking a shoplifter for his ID is, or asking a driver for his license. HORRORS!


    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Answer that one, my friend, and you have just become Karnak the Magnificent.
    Then again, I'm already magnificent.

    I also already answered it.

    It's not hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    On the other hand, if you are a mere mortal, like the rest of us, the only answer that you can give is "Because he looks brown".
    Uh, no. Not being a racist, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that some Invaders are white, black, and asian.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This includes not only illegal aliens, but Hispanics who were born right here in the good ole' USA. That constitutes racial profiling. If you say I am full of crap here, then answer this second question:
    No, I never say people are full of crap. I say they're full of ****.

    And yes, some hispanic looking people who give the cops probable cause to believe they've committed some other crime (like throwing bottles at the cops) are going to be asked to present ID.

    Oooooooo. That's so scawy.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    How many white people are going to be stopped and thrown in jail for not carrying papers?
    Any the cops have reasonable suspicion have committed some other crime and who also present a reasonable suspicion that they're not US citizens. I'm betting their failure to produce a valid US state driver's license will prompt even the dumbest cop to wonder if he could also arrest the guy as a suspected invader.

    Are you so racist you want to believe that there are no white Invaders?

    Seriously?

    That's pretty ignorant of you, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The answer for anyone whose IQ is higher than that of an artichoke is "NONE". Therefore, the law is racist.
    All artichokes have an IQ of 100, since artichoke IQ would have to be measured against the standard population of artichokes. That makes them smarter than people who voted for the Messiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    How has Arizona dealt with illegal aliens in the past?
    Not well enough, since their hands have been tied by a malevolent federal government.

    Since the Illegal Alien is a criminal, it's no crime to arrest him, jail him, and deport him. Nor is it a crime to arrest, jail, and fine US citizens providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    By turning them over to Immigration, who deported them.
    Amaaaaazing! Cops doing their job. How awful!

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    But the new law says that they have to be put into places, for a length of time, and taken care of before being deported.
    Oh.

    I see.

    What you're saying is that before this law, suspected Invaders were put nowhere, fed nothing, and not taken care of. Those poor things. At least now they'll be fed while they're awaiting the Great Boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Who pays for that? Arizona's taxpayers, of course.
    Pretty much just like before, since the Feds have been notably lax in dealing with the Invasion Crisis. Arizona taxpayers are paying to house, feed, educate, provide emergency services for, and jail their current complement of the Invading Horde already. Getting them off the streets, into the jails where they belong, will merely shift expenses from one budget entry to another, and there's certain sheriffs in Arizona who feed their prisoners the least expensive menus they legally can.

    What a pity, a sheriff that doens't coddle criminals.

    Frankly, the party that supported the Messiah trillion dollar spending spree doesn't have a shred of credibility when using a fiscal restraint argument against enforcing the damn law. It's obvious they're just upset because someone in the United States is taking action against the Invasion that's going to bankrupt us.

    Arizona should, of course, sue the federal government for all expenses related to jailing and otherwise taking care of it's Invader population.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    So not only are Arizona's lawmakers complete idiots for passing a bill that will be struck down by SCOTUS as racist,
    No, if the courts strike it down, it will because they're antii-American. I've already shown that the Constitution is not violated by this law.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    but they are also complete idiots for passing a bill that can only be enforced by raising taxes.
    Say what?

    Do tell.

    Explain Messiah Care and it's supporters in more detail, okay?

  2. #592
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I'll ask it again, because I like questioning the conventional wisdom...

    Why is racial profiling racism?
    Because you would be targeting a specific ethnic group for "special" treatment rather then for what the individual has done
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #593
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Because you would be targeting a specific ethnic group for "special" treatment rather then for what the individual has done
    Precisely.

    If it was illegal to be black, that law would be wrong.

    Since the law under discussion doesn't say it's illegal to be hispanic, but merely makes it illegal to be in the State of Arizona if you're in the United States illegally, it's not racial profiling.

    That 90% of the Invaders are from hispanic nations does not make the law an unconstitutional racist law. It's merely dealing with facts, and it specifically does not allow racial profiling.

  4. #594
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Because you would be targeting a specific ethnic group for "special" treatment rather then for what the individual has done
    Is that racist?

  5. #595
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How many whites sneak in from Mexico illegal to work. Answer: Zero.....profiling is a good thing. Check all the bastards, most down there probably are illegal or know someone who is. It's high time these illegals get an asskicking.
    But there are white Europeans who enter the country on temporary tourist/student visas who "forget" to leave when they're time's up. To claim it's "racial profiling" to target illegal aliens is ignorant and elitist and racist itself.

    Lots and lots of eurotrash can be swept up with this law.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The answer is that he can't stop them and ask them until he's already stopped them for suspicion of some other crime.
    Did not the police have this ability before this law?
    When a cop stops someone with probable cause, what's their first question?

    Oh, yeah, their first question is "let's see some ID".

    So, it seems that actually ASKING a suspect for his ID CAN'T POSSIBLY be a violation of any Constitutional standard, since it's SOP in the first damn place.

    The only thing the law really does is it allows the cop specific authority to dig deeper and to hold the suspect if he can't ID himself.
    Again didnt the police have this ability to find out the identity of someone the had reasonable believe of having committed a crime. Why make a new law that is redundant?
    What a threat to our republic asking a shoplifter for his ID is, or asking a driver for his license. HORRORS!




    Then again, I'm already magnificent.

    I also already answered it.

    It's not hard.



    Uh, no. Not being a racist, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that some Invaders are white, black, and asian.



    No, I never say people are full of crap. I say they're full of ****.

    And yes, some hispanic looking people who give the cops probable cause to believe they've committed some other crime (like throwing bottles at the cops) are going to be asked to present ID.

    Oooooooo. That's so scawy.



    Any the cops have reasonable suspicion have committed some other crime and who also present a reasonable suspicion that they're not US citizens. I'm betting their failure to produce a valid US state driver's license will prompt even the dumbest cop to wonder if he could also arrest the guy as a suspected invader.

    Are you so racist you want to believe that there are no white Invaders?

    Seriously?

    That's pretty ignorant of you, isn't it?



    All artichokes have an IQ of 100, since artichoke IQ would have to be measured against the standard population of artichokes. That makes them smarter than people who voted for the Messiah.



    Not well enough, since their hands have been tied by a malevolent federal government.

    Since the Illegal Alien is a criminal, it's no crime to arrest him, jail him, and deport him. Nor is it a crime to arrest, jail, and fine US citizens providing aid and comfort to the enemy.



    Amaaaaazing! Cops doing their job. How awful!



    Oh.

    I see.

    What you're saying is that before this law, suspected Invaders were put nowhere, fed nothing, and not taken care of. Those poor things. At least now they'll be fed while they're awaiting the Great Boot.



    Pretty much just like before, since the Feds have been notably lax in dealing with the Invasion Crisis. Arizona taxpayers are paying to house, feed, educate, provide emergency services for, and jail their current complement of the Invading Horde already. Getting them off the streets, into the jails where they belong, will merely shift expenses from one budget entry to another, and there's certain sheriffs in Arizona who feed their prisoners the least expensive menus they legally can.

    What a pity, a sheriff that doens't coddle criminals.

    Frankly, the party that supported the Messiah trillion dollar spending spree doesn't have a shred of credibility when using a fiscal restraint argument against enforcing the damn law. It's obvious they're just upset because someone in the United States is taking action against the Invasion that's going to bankrupt us.

    Arizona should, of course, sue the federal government for all expenses related to jailing and otherwise taking care of it's Invader population.



    No, if the courts strike it down, it will because they're antii-American. I've already shown that the Constitution is not violated by this law.



    Say what?

    Do tell.

    Explain Messiah Care and it's supporters in more detail, okay?
    Why on earth would Arizona make a law requiring people to produce ID when they have been suspected of commiting a legal offense (ie speeding, shoplifting) when people have to produce ID or at the very least prove who they are in such circumstances.

    In such a case the law is redundant. Meaning it will not do very much at all, now will it? Which logically would mean the intent of the law is something else unless the Arizona politicos are a bunch of morons who dont know this part of the law is redundant as it just replicates what was in the law previously
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The law I believe also made it illegal to hire day labour of any kind, not just illegal immigrants
    Well, read the text of the law and let us know.

    That clearly is a violation of civil liberties, since any American should be able to hire any other American or lawful resident for temporary work. But there's nothing with requiring that such laborers provide proof of legal residence.

  8. #598
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Did not the police have this ability before this law?
    Again didnt the police have this ability to find out the identity of someone the had reasonable believe of having committed a crime. Why make a new law that is redundant?
    Oh.

    So you agree that asking suspect for ID isn't unconstitutional.

    So what's your problem with this new law again?

  9. #599
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Is that racist?
    Yes yes it is

    It is as racist as the KKK putting burning cross's on black families lawns (just because they were black

    Or as racist as a Japanese family not wanting thier daughter to marry a European because they are not Japanese
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #600
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Because you would be targeting a specific ethnic group for "special" treatment rather then for what the individual has done
    Wrong, they've come here illegally. That's what they've done.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •