Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #11
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I believe we will see massive displays of direct action against this law in the form of demonstrators refusing to hand over their papers. There will be boycotts and conferences and conventions will be canceled. This will be 1990 all over again.
    Oh yes. We should just let people break our laws and to hell with the people who die along the way.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I believe we will see massive displays of direct action against this law in the form of demonstrators refusing to hand over their papers. There will be boycotts and conferences and conventions will be canceled. This will be 1990 all over again.
    Great, they can go to jail for breaking the law and be exposed as people who support breaking immigration laws. Let them protest, I have no sympathy for them. What about the law abiding citizens or legal immigrants in Arizona? All Arizona is doing is making it a state offense to commit a federal crime, they are also taking measures to enforce the law. Is this a bad thing? If anything it's a wonderful thing. I applaud Arizona for passing this bold legislation

  3. #13
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Great, they can go to jail for breaking the law and be exposed as people who support breaking immigration laws. Let them protest, I have no sympathy for them. What about the law abiding citizens or legal immigrants in Arizona? All Arizona is doing is making it a state offense to commit a federal crime, they are also taking measures to enforce the law. Is this a bad thing? If anything it's a wonderful thing. I applaud Arizona for passing this bold legislation
    Law abiding citizens don't count. If they are robbed or killed thats just something you are going to have to accept. Didn't you get the memo?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #14
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You can't blame Arizona at all on this. I don't see the problem with it. If you are here illegally, what is wrong with a state picking up the slack for the federal government? After all, the costs for medical care, housing, crime, and public education associated with those that come here illegally is primarily born by the states, so why not let the states help enforce immigration law?
    .
    This is why I find it hilarious when pro-illegals say illegal immigration a federal issue.If it was a federal issue then the federal should be picking up the tab for those things. But then again even if it is the feds picking up the tab it is still tax payer money which comes form the states. So illegal immigration is a state problem.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #15
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Wow! Just, wow! This bill is a colossal error.
    How is it a colossal error? And please none of that pro-illegals propaganda.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #16
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    The issue is that in Arizona, you are now required by law to carry with you at all times proof of your citizenship or legal entry into the state and that a police officer can demand those papers for any reason; you are wearing the wrong sneakers; the shape of your hat suggests a foreign style, etc. I find it interesting that a non-Arizona drivers license may be insufficient proof that you are here legally.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The issue is that in Arizona, you are now required by law to carry with you at all times proof of your citizenship or legal entry into the state and that a police officer can demand those papers for any reason; you are wearing the wrong sneakers; the shape of your hat suggests a foreign style, etc. I find it interesting that a non-Arizona drivers license may be insufficient proof that you are here legally.
    Could you please specifically cite where the bill says that?
    The sweeping legislation makes it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It would also require local police officers to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegally.
    This is from your own source, all I see in it is that the police now have the right to question people about their immigration status if they have a good reason to. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion, in fact it's a good thing.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    So, are there really people mad about a state passing a law that says people in the country illegally are breaking the law?

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,160

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Wow! Just, wow! This bill is a colossal error.


    So... enforcing the law is a colossal error?

    Making something a state crime because the Fedgov isn't doing anything remotely effective is stupid?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #20
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,050

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    This is why I find it hilarious when pro-illegals say illegal immigration a federal issue.If it was a federal issue then the federal should be picking up the tab for those things. But then again even if it is the feds picking up the tab it is still tax payer money which comes form the states. So illegal immigration is a state problem.
    The U.S. government sets immigration law. Not the states. It is a federal issue.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •