Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #171
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    No, some conservatives believe it is okay to violate the rights of others as long as it protects them and does not affect their rights. The fact that you believe that any politician can be trusted amazes me.
    Where did I say any politican can be trusted? Produce that quote.

    Right, Middle, and left all have an agenda, and will piss on anyone to move their agenda.
    Never said they didn't have an agenda but the agenda differs between the groups.

    Do you understand that being here illegally is a crime? Do you understand that?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #172
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    UtahBill;1058708651] I get it, you like paying taxes to support non-citizens...or do you even pay taxes?

    Wow, you think I don't pay taxes. I pay a lot of taxes. Too much taxes. Maybe even more than you. What bracket are you in?

    I don't like supporting anyone. I don't believe in welfare or a free ride. I am not a liberal.

    The argument I am making is not to support illegal aliens, send them all back. I don't want them here illegally.

    My argument is that the law allows a police officer to come up to me and ask me for proof of citizenship because I am latino. The probable cause he uses is the fact that I am in Arizona, and a majority of illegal aliens are latinos, then since I am latino, I may or may not be here legally.

    Hell, you want me to me happy that he's checking me. I should be happy for the inconvenience?

    So would you be happy if the police could randomly search an anglo who may be a right wing extremist, someone bent on supporting a militia that wants to over throw the US government?. After all, most right wing extremist are anglos? If the person is legal, then what is the big deal?
    Last edited by TBone; 04-24-10 at 04:09 PM.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  3. #173
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Where did I say any politican can be trusted? Produce that quote.



    Never said they didn't have an agenda but the agenda differs between the groups.

    Do you understand that being here illegally is a crime? Do you understand that?
    I agree, no one should be here illegally, send them back. I against racial profiling. The fact that the probable cause for this law allows a police officer to question me just because I live in AZ, where a majority of illegals are latino, so I may be legal or illegal. This is profiling.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  4. #174
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    Do you understand that being here illegally is a crime? Do you understand that?
    Do you understand that I don't want to be checked because I am here legally, and they have no right to check my status, or invade my privacy?

    I don't illegals here.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  5. #175
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Wow, you think I don't pay taxes. I pay a lot of taxes. Too much taxes. Maybe even more than you. What bracket are you in?

    I don't like supporting anyone. I don't believe in welfare or a free ride. I am not a liberal.

    The argument I am making is not to support illegal aliens, send them all back. I don't want them here illegally.

    My argument is that the law allows a police officer to come up to me and ask me for proof of citizenship because I am latino.
    You are dishonestly discribing what the bill states.

    The probable cause he uses is the fact that I am in Arizona, and a majority of illegal aliens are latinos, then since I am latino, I may or may not be here legally.
    Wrong again. The probably cause is you are committing a different crime, you are questioned and under questioning you fall under suspicion for perhaps some of the following reasons:

    You speak only Spanish.

    When you are asked for ID you produce a Mexican identification card.

    You can't produce a legal residence.


    This isn't rocket science.

    Hell, you want me to me happy that he's checking me. I should be happy for the inconvenience?
    Yes, you should be. I'm not offended when I'm pulled over and asked for my id and neither should you.

    The problem is the liberals you have been listening to want you to always assume racism under every rock which fuels this sad reaction.

    So would you be happy if the police could randomly search an anglo who may be a right wing extremist, someone bent on supporting a militia that wants to over throw the US government?. After all, most right wing extremist are anglos? If the person is legal, then what is the big deal?
    Where are you getting this fantasy of random search? Its proof of citizenship ie valid driver's license

    Get off the Oh noes racism trip and wake up to reality.
    Last edited by texmaster; 04-24-10 at 04:20 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #176
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Do you understand that I don't want to be checked because I am here legally, and they have no right to check my status, or invade my privacy?
    Explain how asking for you to prove who you are is invading your privacy.

    This should be good.

    Do you say this to the bank too?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #177
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA but mostly in my head
    Last Seen
    06-02-10 @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    161

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Wow, how you got that from my post, I will never know.

    Joe will be indicted and removed. I did not state I wanted a democrat for sheriff. This state will never have democrat for anything but govenor, which is a head scratcher.

    The fact that you think our state is a better financial state that California is amazing. We are not in the same shape, but we are in bad shape. In fact, we have not had a budget for how long?

    No, I don't want liberal gov't, I want intelligent gov't. Hey I'd love for Barry Goldwater to return from the grave to slap around the idiots in our gov't, including McCain and Kyle. I thought Janet was and is an idiot as govenor and sec of DHS.

    The yahoos in our gov't are just that yahoos. The governor is an idiot, the legislature is made up of conservative, whimpy moderates who are scared of russell pearce, and silent democrats, who lack back bone an.

    The county government, a majority of all GOP, one democrat, are clowns. The sheriff thinks he's god or Napolian (sic), the ex county attorney was living in lala land, and he will be disbared soon. the board of supervisors are crooked and built a court tower that was not needed and laid off workers and took away money from law enforcement.

    Nope, I will not leave, I don't run from a fight. We need to fix this mess and get competent persons in gov't, all persons to vote. I don't care if it is GOP or Dem.

    I must applaud you for not giving in to what government is and responding to what government should be . Not a R or a D but successes that benefit the whole of America. Your issues are perspective but what needs to be done isnt and more people should open theirselves up to that idea. The rule of government is held to the R and D and ideals not success and that should be pointed out. I have found the group of people that feel the same. We all have difference of opinion but have created and recognized the common ground. Which is peace and prosperity for all through proper leadership. Your well on your way if not already there to establishing a credible movement. The movement of the American people for American people that translates throughout the world. Welcome and thanks for validating my point that change is coming.
    Last edited by thoughtprocess; 04-24-10 at 04:30 PM.

  8. #178
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You are dishonestly discribing what the bill states.



    Wrong again. The probably cause is you are committing a different crime, you are questioned and under questioning you fall under suspicion for perhaps some of the following reasons:

    You speak only Spanish.

    When you are asked for ID you produce a Mexican identification card.

    You can't produce a legal residence.


    This isn't rocket science.



    Yes, you should be. I'm not offended when I'm pulled over and asked for my id and neither should you.

    The problem is the liberals you have been listening to want you to always assume racism under every rock which fuels this sad reaction.



    Where are you getting this fantasy of random search? Its proof of citizenship ie valid driver's license

    Get off the Oh noes racism trip and wake up to reality.
    I am not going to flog this horse any longer. You have your beliefs, and I have mine. You don't think it is an invasion of privacy to be checked, I think it is when you only check a certain class. No ill will, good luck.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  9. #179
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtprocess View Post
    With any legislation there is perspective and this piece of legislation allows for people to determine what probable cause is in the form of skin color. American citizens will indeed do their civic duty and call the police but what happens when they are wrong?

    What is probable cause? Other than broken english and skin color.
    No, it doesn't allow for probably cause on the basis of skin color any more than any other application of probable cause does.

    What happens when people reporting are wrong? Well, nothing. They're just wrong. Just like any other time people call and report something and they're wrong.

    As for probable cause. Well yeah, the inability to speak english could certainly be one. Also hanging out in a known illegal immigrant area... such as places where they pick up day workers. Etc, etc.

    I mean.. omg... if they're wrong and someone shows their ID, is the ****ing world going to end?

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-27-10 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    555

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Go Arizona! Just taking action 'cause the fed gov't is worthless and won't do jack****.

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •