Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #151
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Same way they did before this law was signed...somebody called the cops and the cops responded and apprehend someone, and that someone can't speak english...
    The law abiding illegals will be the last deported. If you don't cause trouble, you will likely be ignored by everyone, including the cops.
    That's not true. Sheriff Joe's sweeps are extremely well known.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,956

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Even if a few innocent Hispanic people are inconvenienced by having to show their ID doesn't make this bill a bad thing. Laws exist to bring about justice and safety for people. They don't exist to make everyone comfortable and prevent feelings from being hurt. In Tennessee we have a law where if a cop pulls someone over the lane next to his car must be evacuated or you'll have to pay a serious fine. They call it the "no clip" law because a cop was hit by an oncoming car in the lane next to him. Now, this law is good for the safety of law enforcement, but bad for traffic and commuters. I commute roughly 25 miles to get to school (each way) and with morning rush hour it takes me between 40-50 minutes to get there. Cops ticket during rush hour on the interstate, and that usually means that the right lane (rarely the far left lane) will be closed. This forces everyone in the right lane to merge over and cause a bottle-neck effect for traffic. This alone causes me to sit in traffic for roughly 10-15 minutes because everything gets backed up. Now, I am severely inconvenienced by this law along with thousands of other people who may now be late for work because of the traffic inconvenience. Should Tennessee repeal this law because it inconveniences people? No, they shouldn't (although the cops could at least show some grace during rush hour ). Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear. Just because this may mildly inconvenience a few Hispanic Spanish speakers doesn't mean the law should be repealed. There will be inconveniences for the innocent during the pursuit for justice, and for justice sake we all just have to deal with it. It's all apart of being a law abiding citizen.

  3. #153
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Where is that written in the law? I saw no mention of skin color
    There is nothing in the law that bases is on skin color. But the people who it affects the most are those with brown skin. If you white, you will not be stopped to check you immigration status. If you are brown or dark colored, you will be stopped to make sure that your legal status is okay. The attitude that is does not have anything to do with skin color is lacking in merit. The writer of the bill is a bigot.

    Okay, lets change the scenario that would send the NRA, conservatives, right wingers, gun owners, etc ballistic. I am a gun owner, so I support the 2nd admendment, so don't start bashing me about being anti gun. We know that it is our right to bear arms. I have a right to have a gun, I own one, and I decide to wear it unconcealed. Now should a police officer be able to stop me to check that I can lawfully possess the gun? Hey no harm to foul, I am legal. Would it be alright for the police to stop you or check your house or check your gone just because they believe it might be possible that you have the gun illegally? The probable cause is their belief nothing more. It would be wrong. If that happen tomorrow, there would be a revolution, gun owners would be pissed.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  4. #154
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Skin color won't matter. If anything what would stick out the most is if the person speaks Spanish and knows little to know English, and in that case it would strongly suggest that they are illegal. I believe legal immigrant have to pass an English comprehension test. I think the race/discrimination card is just being played to try and make the Republicans seem racist or to hurt support for the bill. If 95% of the illegals are Hispanic then that doesn't mean that the law is racist.
    No it is not racist because it enforces illegal immigration. It is racist because it was writen by known racist.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  5. #155
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That's not true. Sheriff Joe's sweeps are extremely well known.
    Law enforcement makes arrests mostly on complaints. If a citizen files a criminal complaint that involves illegals, the sheriff MUST act.
    Would you have it any other way?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,956

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    No it is not racist because it enforces illegal immigration. It is racist because it was writen by known racist.
    No it wasn't. Are you trying to say that Republicans are racist?

  7. #157
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Hi
    This is Cholla's wife.
    I believe Willcox already lost one battle over immigration with Sheriff Joe.
    You have to live here to get it.
    At my daughters school 60% of the children are on FREE lunches and breakfasts. This is a Federal program, so although you don't live here you get to pay for it. The Hispanic population at the school is very worried as a large percentage are Illegal, our Principal is Hispanic but knows that our school funding has been cut because there is not enough money to educate children whose parents are not contributing to the State.
    One simple example of what illegals cost we the citizens of Arizona.
    My 21 year old neice's car was hit and totaled, the car that hit her raced into a parking lot where 5 Hispanic men got out of the car and took off running. The car had no current registration was not insured, they caught the driver as he was injured, he was transported to the hospital and treated, then arrested as he was in the country illegally. Who paid for the ambulance ? The medical care ? My neices deductable ? Her insurance paid her for her car, how does that work how does the insurance company recoup that loss ? Our insurance rate are out of this world . This type of thing happens every day in Phoenix. We bear the costs, and now we are broke, and our children are at risk of being in classes of 30 to 40 in elementary school, who could teach to that crowd.

    We are so happy this bill was signed
    Wow, I work in law enforcement in Arizona and this happens daily. BUT, it does not only happen where illegal aliens are the criminals. Hey in AZ we had a catholic bishop run over a man in his vehicle and he took off before the police came to the scene. Hey we have rich anglos kill their spouses and kids. In our jails sit many legal citizens. A lot of them are white.

    On the reservations in AZ, which are predominantly native americans, the income level is real low, is this caused by the hispanics?

    Illegal immigration is wrong, it costs us daily, BUT it is a FEDERAL problem. GET AFTER OBAMA, NAPOLOTANO, KYLE and MCCAIN. Don't use the money we need to school our kids and protect our communities to fix an issue that the feds refuse to fix. BTW this goes back to every prez since Carter.
    Last edited by TBone; 04-24-10 at 02:05 PM.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  8. #158
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No it wasn't. Are you trying to say that Republicans are racist?
    Nope, I am say Russell Pearce who wrote it is a racist. Many republicans are hispanics, black, white, green, and purple.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  9. #159
    Student Boomyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    03-05-11 @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    161

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    .... If 95% of the illegals are Hispanic then that doesn't mean that the law is racist.
    Oh but, you know that they will bill it as such! Just like 95+% of terrorists are arab muslims. If you try to call it such, you will be vilified as racist!

    The same, I might add, if you vehemently disagree with Obama's policies, you are, no doubt, a racist.

    It is the game they play when they have no other arguement.
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.-2 Timothy 4:3-4:

  10. #160
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Law enforcement makes arrests mostly on complaints. If a citizen files a criminal complaint that involves illegals, the sheriff MUST act.
    Would you have it any other way?
    You live here, and you know that Sheriff Joe is only trying to get publicity. If he did his job and shut his mouth, and if he was not posing with neo nazis, we would not say anything.

    Last week, Phoenix Police with ICE and DEA busted a human smuggling ring that started in Mexico and smuggled illegals from Mexico to Tucson and Phoenix. In fact, they had cooperation from the Mexican gov't.

    There were no protests.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •