Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 708

Thread: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

  1. #121
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You enjoy being an automatic sheep vote for the libs?
    A you become a lemming vote for the GOP, what is your point?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  2. #122
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Then PRESSURE the US Gov't to do their job. The last five presidential administrations have failed to do this. I work in law enforcement and to get a response from ICE is like pulling teeth. This is not a State function this is a Federal function. The state of AZ should NOT be paying its officers to enforce immigration laws, the FEDERAL Gov't should.

    I don't want illegal aliens in AZ, in fact I want them gone, STOPPED at the BORDER. I don't want agencies with Bigoted intents, e.g. Sheriff Joe and Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to enforce this law because they racial profile, and are under current federal investigation for these abuses.

    The law states "Allows a law enforcement officer, without a warrant, to arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the U.S." SB1070 - 492R - Senate Fact Sheet

    Define what makes the person removable, would that be looking latino, speaking with an accent, being in a latino area, speaking spanish?

    So, if me, who is latino, who paid over 25k in taxes, who served my country in the military,who was born in Prescott, AZ, whose family was born in Arizona and Texas, walks down the street in a latino part of Phoenix, AZ and chooses to dress in a quamvera and baggy pants, and chooses to speak spanish to each other, not to anyone else, can have a police officer, come up to me an ask me for an ID to prove my citizenship. This is the fear of the latino community. Who then enforces my rights to privacy?

    Some will say that if I am here legally I have nothing to worry about, my response is if they were checking every anglo on the street to see if they were here legally, the anglo community would be up in arms.
    I am as white as they come, and have been asked to show ID on the CA/AZ border, by Immigration officers.

    If you want to be insulted by being asked for ID, go ahead, but I suspect that MOST of us, regardless of color, will take it in stride.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #123
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I didn't see anything in the bill pointing out one particular group of people. It points to "illegals"

    So you being in Az like I am. What is your solution to the "illegal" problem?
    Require the US Government to Enforce the law, and protect our border. Don't allow them to give excuses for not doing this any longer. Make them do the sweeps. They stand back and watch the border states do their job.
    And they let our state absorb the cost.

    Get Kyle and McCain to get off their puts to put pressure on DHS. They wait to use this as campaigning point.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  4. #124
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    A you become a lemming vote for the GOP, what is your point?
    I'm not a republican. That was your second mistake.

    Your first one was assuming liberal politicians are your buddies.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #125
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I am as white as they come, and have been asked to show ID on the CA/AZ border, by Immigration officers.

    If you want to be insulted by being asked for ID, go ahead, but I suspect that MOST of us, regardless of color, will take it in stride.
    It is amazing the lengths liberals will go for the race card.

    There are between 15-20 million illegals in this country.

    Mexico is the #1 supplier.

    Arizona is on the border with Mexico.

    Are we supposed to throw logic completely out the window and pretend that most illegals in Arizona aren't Mexican?

    And this law states that you cannot be stopped under suspeicion of being illegal. It has to be because of another crime the police suspect.

    But the libs don't want to admit that. Nooooo. Lets keep building up the false racist argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #126
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    If a person is legal to vote and don't, who's fault is that?
    My point, and my frustration. Maybe, things happen for a reason, and it will get them off their asses to vote.

    You go to kmart a kid is being a brat and the parents are allow it to occur, whose fault is it? The parents.

    Minorities refuse to vote, persons from that have right tendencies get elected. It is the Minorities right.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #127
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm not a republican. That was your second mistake.

    Your first one was assuming liberal politicians are your buddies.
    You made the mistake assuming I am a liberal. I don't assume anything. So you are telling me Conservative politicians can be trusted?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  8. #128
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Require the US Government to Enforce the law, and protect our border. Don't allow them to give excuses for not doing this any longer. Make them do the sweeps. They stand back and watch the border states do their job.
    And they let our state absorb the cost.

    Get Kyle and McCain to get off their puts to put pressure on DHS. They wait to use this as campaigning point.
    Individual states have little influence in what the USA does.....
    I suppose state law enforcement could routinely deliver illegals caught up in crime sweeps to McCain and Kyl, but they would just release them...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #129
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It is amazing the lengths liberals will go for the race card.

    There are between 15-20 million illegals in this country.

    Mexico is the #1 supplier.

    Arizona is on the border with Mexico.

    Are we supposed to throw logic completely out the window and pretend that most illegals in Arizona aren't Mexican?

    And this law states that you cannot be stopped under suspeicion of being illegal. It has to be because of another crime the police suspect.

    But the libs don't want to admit that. Nooooo. Lets keep building up the false racist argument.
    Wow if you are a minority, you are liberal?

    Your spin is good. the law states "Allows a law enforcement officer, without a warrant, to arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the U.S." Define probable cause for violating an immigration law. Let see what is the action? Looking Mexican?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  10. #130
    Student Boomyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    03-05-11 @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    161

    Re: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    .......I agree that the feds should have the lead. The Feds have not done much. Maybe they will now.
    Oh sure, like whine a lot, as Obama is already doing?

    Arizona is doing nothing more than what the Feds should have done, years ago.
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.-2 Timothy 4:3-4:

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •