Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

  1. #31
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    how many of the FOUR MILLION will ultimately prove to be WILLFUL?

    Nearly 4M to pay health insurance penalty by 2016

    it's just a QUESTION

    LOL!

    opinions are worthless
    Sorry, i don't trust anything from Breitbart.

    So, is this an admission that you were wrong and that you can't go to jail for simply not affording to pay your taxes?

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Sorry, i don't trust anything from Breitbart.
    LOL!

    thomas barthold works for breitbart?

  3. #33
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Because you're added healthcare costs for not having insurance effects the whole country when we have people going to emergency rooms for minor things and racking up huge bills that they can't pay.
    Sounds like Hospitals problem, so why are they making it my problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    So a plan in which you pay into in order for it to cover something that may happen in the future isn't insurance?
    Something I pay into to cover something is an HSA. What I pay now which is called "insurance" isn't, correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Yea, it's a penalty. Not much point in writing a law that has no penalty and isn't enforceable. The point is though, it taxes you, it doesn't throw you in jail. If you don't pay your taxes then that's a separate matter all together.
    It's not separate since enforcement is dependent upon payment and the enforcement is left to the IRS. If the tax is not paid, by proxy payment lands one in jail if not paid.


    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It's not a loophole. The IRS still runs by whichever procedure it always has, this bill didn't change anything. The same thing happens regardless of what the taxes that didn't pay come from. I'm sure there's methods or rules in determining the penalties for not paying taxes, and going to jail is one of them, it's just not a common one.
    IF it's not a loophole, then by not buying insurance, the final result is jail since the IRS procedures are BAU.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The idea that someone will make a beginners mistake and automatically be thrown in jail is ridiculous.
    It could be on purpose - intent is irrelevant, the result is the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    IRS tax payments; income tax preparation and penalties; tax debts - MSN Money

    "It's getting on April 15. You've finished your return, and you're still in shock. You made a lot of money and paid a lot of bills. But now you're looking at a tax bill that you just can't afford to pay.
    Relax. You're not alone, and your plight is not unusual. Moreover, you're not going to jail. There are criminal penalties if the Internal Revenue Service can prove (the burden of proof is on the agency) that you intentionally didn't pay your taxes, but we'll assume that's not the case here. You just ran low on cash, and nobody goes to jail just because they owe money -- even to the IRS.
    Your return is done -- that's how you know the magnitude of your debt. Send it in. Don't hold it just because you owe money that you can't pay.
    You can't go to jail because you don't have the money to pay your tax bill, but you can go to jail for not filing. It's a criminal act, and you're not a criminal, so get that return in the mail."
    Hardship is a different issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You go for not filing, lying on your filing on purpose, purposefully not paying even if you have the money. That's why you see all those tax guys on tv saying "do you owe the IRS 20000 dollars? call me and I'll work it out with them". These guys wouldn't have jobs if they threw everyone in jail that owed them money, right?
    There are other options --- putting liens on property or homes, garnishment of wages, foreclosure or even eminent domain. There are a lot of things worse than jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You're just following the little talking points because throwing out the whole "go to jail for not buying insurance" makes Obama sound bad.
    Who's talking points - got a link?

    Ever think if government does this for healthcare - what they'll do next that they believe you need? Maybe the next thing or the 4th or 5th thing you might not agree with for whatever reason. Too late then. Sorry, but I just don't buy into the whole "government knows best" brainwashing dialogue here. I know what's best for me and I want the choice - not a requirement / penalty up to and including jail. If I wanted that, I'd live somewhere else with a nice dictator or totalitarian world view.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #34
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    thomas barthold works for breitbart?
    Don't play.

    I was clearly referencing the article you just posted from Breitbart.com.

    Why aren't you defending you're stance? Just came to the realization that you're wrong yet not man enough to admit it?

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    because FOUR MILLION is quite a lot

    or so suggests the ASSOCIATED PRESS

    LOL!

    Nearly 4M to pay health insurance penalty by 2016

  6. #36
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Sounds like Hospitals problem, so why are they making it my problem?

    Something I pay into to cover something is an HSA. What I pay now which is called "insurance" isn't, correct.

    It's not separate since enforcement is dependent upon payment and the enforcement is left to the IRS. If the tax is not paid, by proxy payment lands one in jail if not paid.


    IF it's not a loophole, then by not buying insurance, the final result is jail since the IRS procedures are BAU.

    It could be on purpose - intent is irrelevant, the result is the issue.

    Hardship is a different issue.

    There are other options --- putting liens on property or homes, garnishment of wages, foreclosure or even eminent domain. There are a lot of things worse than jail.

    Who's talking points - got a link?

    Ever think if government does this for healthcare - what they'll do next that they believe you need? Maybe the next thing or the 4th or 5th thing you might not agree with for whatever reason. Too late then. Sorry, but I just don't buy into the whole "government knows best" brainwashing dialogue here. I know what's best for me and I want the choice - not a requirement / penalty up to and including jail. If I wanted that, I'd live somewhere else with a nice dictator or totalitarian world view.
    Ok then, we've reached an impasse. It all boils down to I think it's in our countries interest and well within the governments powers and you don't No use in talking beyond this since it's unlikely either of us are to change our minds on the issue of whether it's a good idea or not.

  7. #37
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    because FOUR MILLION is quite a lot

    or so suggests the ASSOCIATED PRESS

    LOL!

    Nearly 4M to pay health insurance penalty by 2016
    Once again avoiding the real issue.

    You do a very good job on here as an entertainer. I have to assume that you're entire day centers around coming on here and throwing around LOL!'s to aggrivate people. I prefer to have a discussion like an adult, so don't expect another response from me.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    that's nice

    FOUR MILLION paying FINES is...

    well, it's an awful LOT of FINES

    don't YOU think?

    LOL!

    either way, OPINIONS as diverse as those belonging to ANDREW BREITBART (LOL!) and the ASSOCIATED PRESS sure seem to feel so

  9. #39
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    that's nice

    FOUR MILLION paying FINES is...

    well, it's an awful LOT of FINES

    don't YOU think?

    LOL!
    What exactly was funny in your statement that caused you to "Laugh Out Loud!"?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #40
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    that's nice

    FOUR MILLION paying FINES is...

    well, it's an awful LOT of FINES

    don't YOU think?
    Should buy alot of chickens.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •