Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 300

Thread: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Because when personal responsibility fails, what should we do? Let people die in the streets or raise taxes to pay for their medical care?
    Let them die at the rate they are already dying and move on. I don't see people dying in the streets now without tax hikes and I'm pretty sure the sodium thing is more than a decade old so...what do you expect me to say?

    Why does it always come down to a armageddon scenario with you people?

  2. #282
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post

    Why does it always come down to a armageddon scenario with you people?
    The same can be said to you.

    Why is it when salt is limited in processed foods, a whole slew of folks react as if the gub'ment has just taken their birth day away?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #283
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Heinz is reducing the level of addictive additive in their ketchup 15% "by the summer". Coincidence? They are also altering the sweetener to ordinary less fattening sugar. They're all heart.

    Heinz reduce salt in ketchup by 15 per cent | Australian Food News
    DAMN IT, that is my favorite vegetable and they may ruin it!!

    will they call it Heinz New Ketchup ??
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The same can be said to you.

    Why is it when salt is limited in processed foods, a whole slew of folks react as if the gub'ment has just taken their birth day away?
    Hardly. I argue against further government intrusion when it is unnecessary. I have also shown where this is will have no benefit. Don't sit there and lump me in as if I am some anti-gub'ment tea partier because I am not. Your hyperbole is unwarranted.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    There really exist no context in which a rational person would try to postulate that people are dying in the streets for any reason. Feel free to spin your obvious appeal to the absurd as much as you want. That will make it all better, more spin spin for big nanny government regulating personal salt intake, ya know because people can't take responsibility and they are, ya know, dying in the streets and put lead back in paint. Absurd Baby Jesus..........if your point requires you to enter into such flights of absurd fancy, maybe you should have a look at your so called point.
    If I said that, "I never saw a chinaman with cancer" it would be similar to your post.

    Your post: "There really exist no context in which a rational person would try to postulate that people are dying in the streets for any reason. Feel free to spin your obvious...."

    Comprende?

  6. #286
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    If I said that, "I never saw a chinaman with cancer" it would be similar to your post.

    Your post: "There really exist no context in which a rational person would try to postulate that people are dying in the streets for any reason. Feel free to spin your obvious...."

    Comprende?
    Perhaps you should essay to address the ridiculous appeal to the absurd that the comment was, rather than stuffing that lame strawman. Comprende mucho?

  7. #287
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The same can be said to you.

    Why is it when salt is limited in processed foods, a whole slew of folks react as if the gub'ment has just taken their birth day away?
    You ask a fair question and without any hyper-accusations so that is good.
    There are things and times when we do not need the 'Gub'ment to tell us what, when, or how to live. We became grandparents for the first time and since the daughter who produced this little wonder is a bit over thirty we have been amazed at the new regulations and banned and not approved by the Gub'ment items that there are. Our daughter is in hyper-space checking out and disaproving everything we get for our grand daughter because some one in the CIA, BBA, or Jose at the FDA or Pope Arnold has not blessed it.


    After about the six-twelth thing that my daughter said we bought wrong we asked the newlly minted little MOMMY how did we manage to raise our kids without all that help from the Gub'ment and her pack of NEW MOMMY INTERNET FRIENDS who help her aprove things ???
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Perhaps you should essay to address the ridiculous appeal to the absurd that the comment was, rather than stuffing that lame strawman. Comprende mucho?
    What? Am I supposed to be a mind reader to understand your posts. There are some sarcastic smilies, you know what I am saying?

  9. #289
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    What? Am I supposed to be a mind reader to understand your posts. There are some sarcastic smilies, you know what I am saying?
    I don't see how claiming poor comprehension or some kind of attention deficit on your part helps, but by all means stuff your strawman to your hearts content.

  10. #290
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Hardly. I argue against further government intrusion when it is unnecessary. I have also shown where this is will have no benefit.
    The FDA already intrudes on a regular basis. And yes, i do agree that reducing salt in processed foods will accomplish little as people will begin to compliment the "new line" with some high tech **** known as a salt shaker. Yet it will accomplish something (no matter how minuscule). People who want more salt on their hungry man will have to manually add it themselves.

    Are you ready to argue that such "intimate" contact does not have some impact on peoples sodium awareness?

    Don't sit there and lump me in as if I am some anti-gub'ment tea partier because I am not. Your hyperbole is unwarranted.
    For someone who does not even eat such foods, you seem rather up in arms against sodium limitation.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •