Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 300

Thread: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I have had a minor case of lactose intollerance but I just avoid that stuff. Yet as much as I miss good ice cream unless I take Lactate I refuse to eat that soy bean bloppo make believe frozen curd ball stuff.

    BTW do coconuts have udders!!! sorry !! no more, back to seriousocity !!
    Stick some rum in with that coconut milk add ice blend and wallah

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I love almond milk. If I have a choice between it and regular milk, I will choose the almond milk.

    If I do drink regular milk, it's got to be whole milk from glass bottle, ice cold and the cream scooped off the top before I pour it. And I usually use the cream in place of butter on a slice of toast.
    Where do you get your milk? Straight from the cow?

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Where do you get your milk? Straight from the cow?
    No, I get it at whole foods or trader joe.

    But I grew up on milk straight from the cow. Or the goat.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I love almond milk. If I have a choice between it and regular milk, I will choose the almond milk.

    If I do drink regular milk, it's got to be whole milk from glass bottle, ice cold and the cream scooped off the top before I pour it. And I usually use the cream in place of butter on a slice of toast.
    I love Almond Breeze, if you know that brand.

    Whole milk in a glass bottle is expensive here, for some reason.

  5. #245
    User jacksbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    05-23-12 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    103

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Stick some rum in with that coconut milk add ice blend and wallah
    And add salt from the shaker as needed.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I love Almond Breeze, if you know that brand.

    Whole milk in a glass bottle is expensive here, for some reason.
    I like the vanilla but for some reason I can't stomach the chocolate.

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbrat View Post
    And add salt from the shaker as needed.
    In a Pina Colada? I wouldn't recommend it.

  8. #248
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Well of course it's not about choice. It's about sodium not being so present in everything that it's difficult to find something processed without it. This way, people have go out of their way to consume it. They still can. I imagine a lot less will though, because people are lazy. Hence, our obesity problem.
    And with that comes the omnipotent invitation from government to tell us how to run our businesses and our lives.

    You know, the state of most Homo Sapiens is to be lazy. Ben Franklin noted this with his "keeping the Republic" comment. That is their choice to be lazy. It is their free will to chose this state. It is their free will to eat salt. It is the mfg.'s free will to produce products with salt quantities they deem just right to sell their product.

    Seeing as laziness is the state of man, perhaps a few hundred pin heads in government can organize our entire lives? That is what your comments advocate. There is always and forever a role for government to dictate every aspect of our lives... because people are too lazy.

    The contrast between abortion and salt is an interesting one. We can "rightfully" kill a million bambini's a year, but cannot allow mfg.'s to put salt in the food in the quantities they see fit. The left and their Trons are a curious beast, if only for the contradictions.

    I wonder how they will square traditional food specialties under these laws? You know, those preserved with salt or very salty brine. Do they get an exception from the salt police? Do they have to be labeled with special warnings? If so, why? Or will these foods be removed from shelves because of a small portion of a fat, lazy, slobs in our society? I don't mean physically fat, lazy slobs, I mean intellectually fat, lazy and ignorant slobs.

    PS. Did they ever teach you anything about The Constitution in school or was it only the Commi Manifesto?

    May I call you Ward?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 04-22-10 at 05:24 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, I get it at whole foods or trader joe.

    But I grew up on milk straight from the cow. Or the goat.
    I love goat cheese. I know, I know, I am just asking for it by saying that.

  10. #250
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And with that comes the omnipotent invitation from government to tell us how to run our businesses and our lives.
    Not our lives. And they already monitor hundreds of chemicals in food. Are you upset with the ammonia limit in ground beef?

    You know, the state of most Homo Sapiens is to be lazy. Ben Franklin noted this with his "keeping the Republic" comment. That is their choice to be lazy. It is their free will to chose this state. It is their free will to eat salt. It is the mfg.'s free will to produce products with salt quantities they deem just right to sell their product.
    The manufacturers support it. Now where's your argument?

    Seeing as laziness is the state of man, perhaps a few hundred pin heads in government can organize our entire lives? That is what your comments advocate. There is always and forever a role for government to dictate every aspect of our lives... because people are too lazy.
    I don't see the direct line between processed food containing less salt and the government running our entire lives. Can you draw me a road map?

    The contrast between abortion and salt is an interesting one. We can "rightfully" kill a million bambini's a year, but cannot allow mfg.'s to put salt in the food in the quantities they see fit. The left and their Trons are a curious beast, if only for the contradictions.
    I haven't actually seen the movie, so your references continue to be lost on me. Just add more salt! Are you really that lazy that the thought of having to get up to get your salt shaker sends you into a conservative seizure?

    I must say though that I am very flattered that you have payed such close attention to my posts. Do you drink organic milk?

    I wonder how they will square traditional food specialties under these laws? You know, those preserved with salt or very salty brine. Do they get an exception from the salt police? Do they have to be labeled with special warnings? If so, why? Or will these foods be removed from shelves because of a small portion of a fat, lazy, slobs in our society? I don't mean physically fat, lazy slobs, I mean intellectually fat, lazy and ignorant slobs.
    Good god I hope so. Prosciutto is god's hammy gift to mankind. I'm assuming only certain industries will be affected.

    PS. Did they ever teach you anything about The Constitution in school or was it only the Commi Manifesto?
    It might have come up a time or two.

    May I call you Ward?

    .
    ...interesting question. May I call you Al?
    Last edited by Kelzie; 04-22-10 at 11:42 AM.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •