Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 293

Thread: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

  1. #91
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    banning an AR-15 is moronic. Politicians who support such idiocy should be in prison
    The banning of the AR 15 was an emotional over-raction to the look of the weapon. he rate of fire is significant and the calibre is that of a varmit gun. What people went nuts over was that is it a poor cousin PRECURSOR of the M16. I don't remember if the magazine capacity was a freak oout or not. Or if the reps voting even knew what the mag capacity was.

    I obviously have no desire to ban guns but I wll accept a sane control and purchase law.

    Serously Obama is not going to take the 2nd away even if he did want to which I do not think he does.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #92
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That half-ass pro-gun theory report has been debunked by a thousand econimists. It's bull****.



    Oh really??

    Well then-- you can yell 'fire' in a crowed movie house?

    --you can produce kiddie porn?

    Here's a legal definition for you Turtledude.

    Incite to riot: Urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts. 18 USC

    Yes -- public safety trumps your right to free speech.

    Yes -- public safety and decency trumps your right lude acts.

    And yes -- public safety means you have to fill out forms when you want to buy a handgun. Get over it. My safety and the safety of my family is more valuable than your time and the ink in your pen. Fill out the forms and you can go shot at as many cans as you want.

    Knock yourself out, go to town. Blow the living hell out of those cans. But when money is tight, you sure as hell better not think about selling that gun on the streets.



    This is my favorite part -- which federal gun regs do you think overreach and why?
    you can yell fire in a public theater if there is a fire

    gun bans prevent someone from owning a gun no matter what circumstances they would use it

    and you certainly are in no position to lecture me about the laws of this country

    HTF is your safety increased by me filling out forms when those who would do you harm do not?

    Now fill me in on the law schools you have taught at, the articles on the second amendment you have written etc.



  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    The banning of the AR 15 was an emotional over-raction to the look of the weapon. he rate of fire is significant and the calibre is that of a varmit gun. What people went nuts over was that is it a poor cousin PRECURSOR of the M16. I don't remember if the magazine capacity was a freak oout or not. Or if the reps voting even knew what the mag capacity was.

    I obviously have no desire to ban guns but I wll accept a sane control and purchase law.

    Serously Obama is not going to take the 2nd away even if he did want to which I do not think he does.
    IF obama thought he would increase his chances of winning reelection in 2012 or keeping control of congress by banning guns what do you honestly think he would do.



  4. #94
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you can yell fire in a public theater if there is a fire

    gun bans prevent someone from owning a gun no matter what circumstances they would use it

    and you certainly are in no position to lecture me about the laws of this country

    HTF is your safety increased by me filling out forms when those who would do you harm do not?

    Now fill me in on the law schools you have taught at, the articles on the second amendment you have written etc.
    The issue was is there any proof that Obama want to do away with the 2nd and or was proof is there that he has if you think that he wants to.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    The issue was is there any proof that Obama want to do away with the 2nd and or was proof is there that he has if you think that he wants to.
    so explain to me-what was Obama's wants when he said all handguns and semi autos should be banned?



  6. #96
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    IF obama thought he would increase his chances of winning reelection in 2012 or keeping control of congress by banning guns what do you honestly think he would do.
    No even if he was of the mind to ban guns I think that he is too smart to try something that politically scary.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #97
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so explain to me-what was Obama's wants when he said all handguns and semi autos should be banned?
    I do not recall hearing him say that. Ws it while he was POTUS ?
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #98
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    No even if he was of the mind to ban guns I think that he is too smart to try something that politically scary.
    that is why I couched it in terms that if it would increase his chances of gaining politically.


    I met punks that i am sure wanted to beat the living crap out of me. They didn't because they either figured I or one of my friends would kill them or the local constabulary would beat them up and throw them in jail. That doesn't mean I didn't keep an eye on them and a hand on my weapon when I saw them on the streets.

    I have no doubt that Obama wants to ban guns or greatly restrict who can own them. But like those punks, he doesn't want to pay the price for doing so. RIght now, the price would be too high.



  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I do not recall hearing him say that. Ws it while he was POTUS ?
    LOL, so he had a change in heart of an awakening about political reality



  10. #100
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Gun rights advocates rally in Washington, Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Now fill me in on the law schools you have taught at, the articles on the second amendment you have written etc.
    Be careful, he's an English major.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •