Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

  1. #21
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    I see your point. Because it is silly that global warming could be a viable explanation for volcanic activity, it is also a viable explanation for Feline procreation.
    Basic logic. If someone says something dumb about something, the people who say something smart are dumb too. Didn't you know that?

  2. #22
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Yup that Iceland volcano will more than cancell global warming . Wonder if the wooly mamouth will return.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  3. #23
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    And why could anthropogenic global warming not be a viable explanation when looking at the volcanic activity?
    Because there is no connection between global warming and volcanic activity.

    Therefore, there is no need to bring up global warming in a discussion about an erupting volcano.

    Now, if you said it was god's punishment for homosexual activity, then... no, come to think of it, that's just about as crazy, on the same level in fact.

    However, the speculation that a year of low solar activity + a continued volcanic eruption could cause another[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer"] year without a summer[/ame] might just not be so nutty. Such a thing could, in fact, actually happen.

    Let's hope it doesn't, however.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    This is scary! There doesn't seem to be anything that anybody can do! Should we all get some masks to be ready for a wind change? How are they breathing all this sand in Europe?

  5. #25
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    This is scary! There doesn't seem to be anything that anybody can do! Should we all get some masks to be ready for a wind change? How are they breathing all this sand in Europe?
    Either through their mouths or noses I would guess.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  6. #26
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,292
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    This is scary! There doesn't seem to be anything that anybody can do! Should we all get some masks to be ready for a wind change? How are they breathing all this sand in Europe?
    I have a solution!!!!

    Everyone run outside, start farting, shooting off your guns, smoke all the ciggarettes you can find, start burning oil In barrels, maybe this way we can global warm the planet to offset this!

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I have a solution!!!!

    Everyone run outside, start farting, shooting off your guns, smoke all the ciggarettes you can find, start burning oil In barrels, maybe this way we can global warm the planet to offset this!
    And then when this volcano stops, we'll have a planet that's warming up again. So we'll just have to set off ANOTHER volcano. We can drill into Yellowstone or something.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And then when this volcano stops, we'll have a planet that's warming up again. So we'll just have to set off ANOTHER volcano. We can drill into Yellowstone or something.
    No need, Jetboogieman's farts should to the trick for a few centuries.

  9. #29
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,292
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No need, Jetboogieman's farts should to the trick for a few centuries.
    Just make sure I have the stuffed jalapeno Palpers and wash it down with a gallon of gin

  10. #30
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Icelands Volcanos could send World into "Deep Freeze"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Just make sure I have the stuffed jalapeno Palpers and wash it down with a gallon of gin
    We want to warm the planet, not boil it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •