Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 301 to 309 of 309

Thread: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

  1. #301
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by 61 Electric Bron-Yr-Aur View Post
    Yeah, this thread about the CMA's has really gotten off-track.

    Anybody else see Carrie last night?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama: gay partners should have hospital accessGet back to the topic. If you do not want to, leave the thread.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #302
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, I saw that, but "marriage" is a more powerful concept than a legal term. I don't understand why it should be reserved for one group (heterosexuals) over another.



    Not even on a debate forum?
    Have you read the posts on this thread at all my left wing friend.......The reason has been explained about a hundred times so take the time to read the thread and get back to us.....thanks.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #303
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Have you read the posts on this thread at all my left wing friend.......The reason has been explained about a hundred times so take the time to read the thread and get back to us.....thanks.......
    Perhaps not to the oppositions satisfaction. I a certainly not satisfied with the explanation.

  4. #304
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Have you read the posts on this thread at all my left wing friend.......The reason has been explained about a hundred times so take the time to read the thread and get back to us.....thanks.......
    I've certainly heard the counter-arguments to gay marriage, they're just not the arguments that will hold water for someone who supports g/m. The pro g/m side will only ever be convinced by an argument that successfully demonstrates direct harm by g/m to other people. Arguments that stem from all other reasoning (history, religion, morality, slippery slope arguments and the need to show that homosexuality is a choice) will never work. Not sayin' that it's not fun to debate on occasion, but the disconnect pretty much guarantees that it will only be settled through the many battles of the culture war, never by one side convincing the other.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I've certainly heard the counter-arguments to gay marriage, they're just not the arguments that will hold water for someone who supports g/m. The pro g/m side will only ever be convinced by an argument that successfully demonstrates direct harm by g/m to other people. Arguments that stem from all other reasoning (history, religion, morality, slippery slope arguments and the need to show that homosexuality is a choice) will never work. Not sayin' that it's not fun to debate on occasion, but the disconnect pretty much guarantees that it will only be settled through the many battles of the culture war, never by one side convincing the other.

    I don't really care if our side convinces your side on this very important issue my left wing friend.....I just want to make sure that the definition of marriage remains as it is....I believe that the reasons given for that happening are valid...
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #306
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't really care if our side convinces your side on this very important issue my left wing friend.....I just want to make sure that the definition of marriage remains as it is....I believe that the reasons given for that happening are valid...
    And you define it for all? Freedom means the freedom to have your will be done?

  7. #307
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you define it for all? Freedom means the freedom to have your will be done?
    How come your not in grade school today sonny?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #308
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How come your not in grade school today sonny?
    Now that was a good answer. Not to the actual question mind you, but enjoyable all the same. Now, can you answer the question?

  9. #309
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't really care if our side convinces your side on this very important issue my left wing friend.....I just want to make sure that the definition of marriage remains as it is....I believe that the reasons given for that happening are valid...
    Problem for you Navy....is that the old bigots are slowly dying out and the new generations are much more tolerant and open minded.
    We don't have to convince your clan. We just have to wait until enough of them have died off and the new generations are born.
    THAT my friend is happening at a very rapid rate. Be afraid....my right-wing friend....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •